Query about OTOs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Years ago, when I actually watched live QVC on TV, an OTO was an exciting thing.

They ONLY had an OTO if the TSV had sold out, so it was exciting to see whether it did, and what the OTO would be. It was never announced in advance, was usually very good value, and often sold out very quickly.

Then SCW started telling us what the OTO would be, and it would be available whether or not the TSV sold out.

Now, looking at SCW's posts, it seems they have MANY OTOs each day, again regardlesss of whether the TSV sold out.

So what on earth is the point of them any more?

I agree, they now seem to be just another ploy to think we are getting a fabulous bargain. I remember many years ago, watching in bed, and a lovely red handbag suddenly came on as an OTO. I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to the phone (days before I had a mobile phone!) and managed to order it before it sold out. I had that bag for my everyday bag for about 10 years, and it really was a bargain.

I also remember when OTOs were a really good bargain. Years ago, like Clothescloth, I remember seeing a OTO for a fancy eyeshadow kit that was reduced from about £30 to £5 and I ran to the house phone and quickly managed to order it before it sold it, it was a great buy, and a real bargain. I don't feel any more that OTOs are a really good bargain, I almost never see one that I would buy. I don't actually watch QVC any more as the channel has disappeared from my TV and even when I retune it, it still doesn't appear. I just come here to see what the upcoming TSVs are and I do check out the OTOs.

Latest posts

Back