Quick, quick, quick?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deasmum

Registered Shopper
There is one presenter who keeps shouting to the audience 'quick, quick, quick', as if it was so magic, spellbinding formula. Does it work on anyone here?

That’ll be Chris St Valery. And no, it probably doesn’t work on anyone! That and the table thumping, the insinuation that we are quite dim if we haven’t purchased something and the ‘this price can be right’ with an award winning performance to camera. Oh and Lindsay Carr on Gemporia has a similar little phrase - Busy, busy, busy…..

Caroline Lindsay is another presenter who hurries the viewers on to buy. Like a nursery school teacher trying to get a five year old to the lavatory before they wee themself.

She was like that on bid.tv, too. So she's an old hand at shilling overpriced market stall level tat

Caroline Lindsay is another presenter who hurries the viewers on to buy. Like a nursery school teacher trying to get a five year old to the lavatory before they wee themself.

She was like that on bid.tv, too. So she's an old hand at shilling overpriced market stall level tat
That's a perfect description. My sister in law says it sounds like they are trying to move cattle along, but your description is sooo much better. I couldn't stop laughing. Well, this behaviour seems to be contagious as the other day I caught Vicki Browne doing it. I have never seen Mark doing it and that's certainly a point in his favour. After all, the quick quick quick go go go is not the most dignified and respectful way of addressing an audience of supposedly mature people. As you said, it's better fitted for children.... Or, as my sister in law says, cattle.

That's a perfect description. My sister in law says it sounds like they are trying to move cattle along, but your description is sooo much better. I couldn't stop laughing. Well, this behaviour seems to be contagious as the other day I caught Vicki Browne doing it. I have never seen Mark doing it and that's certainly a point in his favour. After all, the quick quick quick go go go is not the most dignified and respectful way of addressing an audience of supposedly mature people. As you said, it's better fitted for children.... Or, as my sister in law says, cattle.
I think that they're under the impression that it sounds like "Please hurry! Don't miss out!".

But to me it just sounds like "You! Gimme the cash, now!".

I am pretty sure that this kind of selling seriously infringes viewers' rights to making a calm, considered and informed decision to buy. So even if I was vaguely interested in an item for sale, I definitely wouldn't buy it from TJC.

I am currently watching Vicki and Tony redefining the concept of hard sell and of pressuring people to... Well, go go go. Tony has said that the ring will not be on the missed it line, that the presentation will not be open during the break, even Vicki apologized for pushing people... So they are very aware of the pressure they apply. Seriously, I would never buy anything under such circumstances.
The only time I bought something from a TJC auction it was not an impulse buy and I told my mother that if Mark said 'quick quick quick go go go" I would not go through with it. I had been searching for a small handbag as my back cannot tolerate my large one. Mark was selling something that fit my bill and budget completely (I am not the type to pay a fortune for a mere handbag). Mind you, I haven't received it yet, so I am live to regret it!

As much as I love TJC, I can't stand the hard sell, and the way they scream at the tv to go and quickly buy it, and then you look and they have 200 items available. Please stop this. I'm watching Vicki and Tony now too, flogging their AAAAAAAAAAA Tanzanite.

I don't know how they are still managing to sell anything when it has been too many hours to count of essentially the same product.

I completely agree, I mean did they really need 24 hours of Tanzanite? It's gorgeous and all, but it's essentially the same thing over and over.

It's a funny thing but my sister in law says that when she was in the US she watched TJC's American sister channel Shop LC and she noticed that they have more variety in the jewellery they sell than TJC. It's usually morganite, turkizite, opal, tanzanite and if we are lucky some type of tourmaline (rubellite, indicolite or what they call blush tourmaline). I would like to see more variety. It's so much fun when you see gemstones that are new to you!

Oh wow, that sounds amazing. I might have to go and have a peek and see about the goodies they offer. I know it's essentially TJC, but yeah. I would too, absolutely! We want new exciting gemstones and new designs. I'd actually like to see more Moonstone, and Amethyst too. :)

Latest posts

Back