Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am sure Graham will deal with the email in due course. However as I said as allow all aspects of Shopping Telly to be discussed be it positive or negative and Qso I am

As i said @Graham will deal with emails in due course.
I hope so. I won't be back here again. I get asked to refrain from personal attacks when it's a response to attacks against me? It's hypocritical and outrageous. I will email every week though to put a stop to this thread because it's very wrong, it's not about shopping at all. Goodnight.

I hope so. I won't be back here again. I get asked to refrain from personal attacks when it's a response to attacks against me? It's hypocritical and outrageous. I will email every week though to put a stop to this thread because it's very wrong, it's not about shopping at all. Goodnight.
You said that in this thread in August, yet here you are again.

Nope

Well you all seem to care about the finances of others and what they buy and extend some sort of pity. It's really not necessary. Who are these others exactly? I know no one who has ever mentioned any financial difficulties or rent review credit cards. Pray tell? It's a review forum. People review. End of. People in here are so amazing they can make snap judgements about others lives, shopping habits, homes and finances all from little video product reviews. What amazing skills! Anyway I'm so glad no one cares about me so I won't be seeing my name or the so original Shirley V again will I?
Me actually. I do so hate sanctimonious preachy people that say things like Pray Tell. People see these reviews and want that life, want to feel they belong and they can't afford it. That's what I was talking about. They get into debt because they want to belong and end up with a house full of crap and the debt collectors at the door. You know it as well as I do.

CC

Nobody as far as I know has mentioned any kind of financial difficulty in their reviews, however, in the comments section there are a fair few people expressing their concerns about overspending/ credit card bills. It’s been said numerous times across this thread that we know other people’s money and how they choose to spend it is none of our business but Qurio does paint a picture of worrying spending habits and wasting money ( as well as some useful reviews) A few people on here have been in a situation where their spending has spiralled out of control, myself included. Thankfully that’s all in the past ,that doesn’t mean I don’t like shopping, I might do less of it these days but I still enjoy chatting about it here and it’s free!
Social media as Sazza pointed out can be absolutely brutal and people will say exactly what they think and I do get that it must be upsetting to find that a cosy/friendly platform such as Qurio where everybody is like minded being discussed in a derogatory fashion elsewhere. Having said that, coming on here and getting it off your chest is one thing but coming back after saying you no longer want anything to do with this nasty forum is another especially to accuse the organisers of hypocrisy and to have a dig at its forum members and to tell us that “they” talk about us more than we talk about them! Ye Gods that’d take some doing! I’m sure my kids would be extremely proud of my tenacity if nothing else.
If Sazza or Graham decide that this thread’s run it’s course then I’ll respect that decision but I rather think they’d prefer to allow us to speak freely and not slag one another off. If we weren’t allowed to say anything negative about anything or anyone related to shopping telly it’d be a pretty stagnant forum. So thanks Graham/Sazza for a brilliant lively and fair forum.

Qurio could be a wonderful platform,but the constant heads-up encouraging people to spend money does not sit well.
I’m sure you will agree to disagree as we all have different views on life in general.
As for attacking forum members if your message was posted on Qurio there would be uproar and consternation.
As far as I know nobody from this forum bothers to comment in Qurio,you can’t get people to see common sense,as it goes against being part of that group.

Confession. I comment on Qurio and here. I think the reviews on Qurio can be more honest than the presenters’ and brand ambassadors’ sales pitches. Personally, I did not like the huge excitement over the easy pays offered and the perception of some people rushing to buy. I never want to be in debt again and easy pays will tempt ME down the slippery slope. Others have more restraint and I can only speak for myself.
confession. Jo Jo in her most recent review on Elizabeth Grant has spoken to shopping telly forum members, inviting us to comment, so I did.

I use EZPs sometimes but do not see it as a debt as I could pay for item/s upfront & at anytime, but still never let things ‘run away’ with me.It is true some people are tempted beyond their means and it causes worry about the amount of payments they are committed to.If they had to pay the full amount at once they would consider and probably not buy.I knew someone who bought food and were questioning themselves why?, the payments were going on well after the item had been eaten.

I agree, Futility58. The reviews on Qurio are more honest than those of the presenters and they don’t get interrupted with cries of “we’re limited stock” or inane and irrelevant waffling which interrupts the brand ambassador’s presentation. It’s a shame there are no technical reviews on Qurio (yet) because I’m sure that they’d be more useful than continually asking a gadget whether an umbrella is needed or phoning your mother up. 🙄

With regards to EZPays, they are also highlighted on this forum and I’m sure some members are grateful for the “heads up.” No doubt some here do take advantage of them and so I don’t really see the difference of them being flagged up on Qurio. 🤔 There’s also no real evidence that everyone on Qurio rushes off to buy things as soon as EZPays are mentioned, but if they do then it is nothing to do with us.. The fact that people think that that is what happens is just supposition in my opinion.

I agree, Futility58. The reviews on Qurio are more honest than those of the presenters and they don’t get interrupted with cries of “we’re limited stock” or inane and irrelevant waffling which interrupts the brand ambassador’s presentation. It’s a shame there are no technical reviews on Qurio (yet) because I’m sure that they’d be more useful than continually asking a gadget whether an umbrella is needed or phoning your mother up. 🙄

With regards to EZPays, they are also highlighted on this forum and I’m sure some members are grateful for the “heads up.” No doubt some here do take advantage of them and so I don’t really see the difference of them being flagged up on Qurio. 🤔 There’s also no real evidence that everyone on Qurio rushes off to buy things as soon as EZPays are mentioned, but if they do then it is nothing to do with us.. The fact that people think that that is what happens is just supposition in my opinion.
I agree. It was the excited number of 😊 when the easy pays were announced that made me think they were rushing off but you are correct, it is nothing to do with me. As I say, I do not want to use easy pay. It took me a long time to clear my debts and I don’t want to be tempted.
As Silver Fox commented, because I only pay full price, it makes me stop and think - do I really want/need this and often decide not to go ahead.

You said that in this thread in August, yet here you are again.
How is that relevant? I have not been back since then. I was told this rubbish was still continuing so I came to comment. What exactly is your point Sazza? It sounds like to me like a thin attempt to condone trolling. Go ahead and evict me. I'll be ecstatic. Like I said, it's no loss to me and you don't have to be a member to read all this or to submit official complaints either. Protect your trolls. At least I sleep well at night.

How is that relevant? I have not been back since then. I was told this rubbish was still continuing so I came to comment. What exactly is your point Sazza? It sounds like to me like a thin attempt to condone trolling. Go ahead and evict me. I'll be ecstatic. Like I said, it's no loss to me and you don't have to be a member to read all this or to submit official complaints either. Protect your trolls. At least I sleep well at night.
Please do not come here to just accuse members. Our stance has been explained and our members are not trolls. You may not like Qurio being commented on but if you put something online it will get commented on.

Graham has not received any complaints from you.

I have looked at many of the comments and have dipped in and out of this forum for many years.I am quite a sensitive person and some things I consider a bit ‘near the bone’ but on the whole are informative, at times very funny and sometimes I have been reassured with comments and support from other members in times of difficulty.Trolling is something we all abhor but is it the same as someone’s opinion which might be different from our own, or put in a more direct manner than we would?I do not engage with social media very much, in fact I just do not ‘put myself out there’ so do not open myself up to criticism in whatever form it comes if I did I would have to take the rough with the smooth.The Moderators of this forum know who we are and if the real definition of ‘trolling’ came in it could be dealt with.

Confession. I comment on Qurio and here. I think the reviews on Qurio can be more honest than the presenters’ and brand ambassadors’ sales pitches. Personally, I did not like the huge excitement over the easy pays offered and the perception of some people rushing to buy. I never want to be in debt again and easy pays will tempt ME down the slippery slope. Others have more restraint and I can only speak for myself.
confession. Jo Jo in her most recent review on Elizabeth Grant has spoken to shopping telly forum members, inviting us to comment, so I did.
I have never been on Quorio. Who has time for that? Please tell us about 'inviting STF members to comment'

As a separate issue, I rather suspect that Q have foreseen the implications of qurio & a COLC & have swiftly removed themselves from any connection. I am envisaging court cases with 'mis sold PP insurance' all over again. #zeropersonalrespnsibilityepidemic.

Please do not come here to just accuse members. Our stance has been explained and our members are not trolls. You may not like Qurio being commented on but if you put something online it will get commented on.

Graham has not received any complaints from you.
The USP of this forum, for me is it's refreshing stance on censorism. Those wanting a sterile experience may not find it here, & probably not in life.

I have never been on Quorio. Who has time for that? Please tell us about 'inviting STF members to comment'

As a separate issue, I rather suspect that Q have foreseen the implications of qurio & a COLC & have swiftly removed themselves from any connection. I am envisaging court cases with 'mis sold PP insurance' all over again. #zeropersonalrespnsibilityepidemic.

The USP of this forum, for me is it's refreshing stance on censorism. Those wanting a sterile experience may not find it here, & probably not in life.
I have to say I'm a little baffled by this. Given recent exchanges I'm not quite sure what sort of comments she's inviting or expecting. Maybe it's a case of "come out from under your bridges and say it to my face !"

I obviously have time for it.

What attacks? Comments perhaps but attacks and "outrageous" ones at that? Too much drama for me I'm afraid. I must go. I have a life.

CC

Latest posts

Back