Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just can't believe that she didn't realise that she could claim her postage back after all this time she's been a customer, and boy, she has sent a lot of stuff back! To be fair to her, I think this should be automatically returned if you've sent something back within 14 days, maybe a tickbox on the form would be more convenient than having to phone them and make a special request!
Don't blame her for returning that throw, it looked bad enough before inevitably the gold spray started to split and fade. We knew she would be back didn't we?!
Returns within 14 days automatically include p +p,

Just read a message from a Qurio addict,spent near £50.00 on postage for one day’s shopping,I’m guessing more than a few items.
Head shaking time,muttering to myself will they never learn 🤔
Good Lord! I would’ve “emptied my basket “ immediately if the postage came to that amount, and would’ve gone without or shopped elsewhere! Another Clown is cross because somebody had the audacity to recommend Ideal World!

Seriously £50 for postage alone, sheer madness, and they need help.
No wonder Q are able to offer a 60 day mbg when they're raking in thousands upon thousands of pounds for what most other companies are offering for free or for a nominal amount. When it comes to the mbg they're not losing as much as you'd think. They don't give a full refund on stuff they're unable to repackage and send to someone else, they closely monitor the amount of returns that people make and send "the letter". Not only that I'm sure there's been many many returns that have been sent out to other customers that have gone unnoticed, or that customers have just put up with them. From what I've seen from Qurio and heard on here, they have no qualms about sending out obviously used goods. Nicola was sent a half used candle and a pair of footbed sandals with the inprint of previous customers toes (disgraceful) but does that stop any of them shopping? No, of course not!
Qvc is ok, if you use it very sparingly, but it most certainly isn't a good shop to be addicted to! They most certainly need help, but they won't ever get any until they wake up and realise that they've actually got a problem. These people KNOW they're being over charged for postage, are fully aware that they've spent £50 on nothing and if that's not enough to wake someone up, I really don't know what will. Sadly, it's gonna take a financial crisis to make any of them stop!

The fact that many are still ordering, mainly on EZPays, suggests to me that the current state of affairs is being ignored. The cost of living is only going to get worse so the financial crisis is revving up.
I think the idea of the ez pays has more to do with encouraging people to buy more as opposed to giving them the opportunity to spread the cost. When it comes to the 5 ez pays, it's worth noticing that they tend to restrict it to one day only, couple this with just half an hour to check out your basket, then I dread to think how many rash purchases are made! I don't know any other place other than when you're buying concert tickets that give you a limited time to check out!

I sent very little back when they had the 30 day mbg because I knew whether an item was suitable within a few minutes of receiving it, including clothes, so there was no point in hanging onto it. I would never have wasted time wearing something, washing it and returning it anyway when I knew I didn’t like it from the get go.

Having the 60 day mbg seems totally unnecessary now so it probably is a way of making money because people either forget to send it back or can’t be bothered.

Good afternoon all

I haven't been on this forum in a while as I found it quite a negative space. I returned to find my name peppered within posts about Qurio app. I didn't realise I was so interesting as to warrant it all.
I must clarify a few points regarding Qurio

1. I am not a "plant". I was randomly asked to be a beta tester when the app started to be developed. I have been involved as a public user since inception

2. New lease of life - my comment was derided by your community. You know nothing about me. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2018. I have developed tremors which affected my confidence. Posting online videos really helped me to see myself in a positive light again. I have never been asked to do any "work" for QVC. Snippets used are taken from my posts, which are my own words.

3. My shopping habits. I am a qualified Chemist and Laborstory Manager. I earn a good salary and I will buy as much as I want. I can afford it. How dare you comment upon my choices.

4. Thank you for the totally unoriginal Shirley Valentine moniker. Is there really any need? I thought this fourm was populated by adults.

5. I am not addicted to QVC or shopping per se. Please don't presume to know anything about people's finances or habits. It is immature.

On a final note, I think the fact that many of you spend time sharking about on forums only to troll people on here says more about you than those you are slagging off. I pity you, I have a fantastic husband, amazing daughter, great job and a happy life. I enjoy spending what I earn, as is my right.
Shame on you for your behaviour towards people who have done nothing ro you and I'm sad for you that your lives revolve around such vitriol.

You know who you are.
JoJo

JoJo has already ordered five items during the jubilee frenzy,the mind boggles at how these people are trapped or hooked on this app - 🤔 3 lola rose items,a bundleberry neon light,and a marlawynne shirt.
And adds what next🙈 as if it is a badge of honour.
Supposedly it has given her a new lease of life (this Qurio Community),sorry from a outsider looking in,no it has not it’s just lowered your self esteem,and made you vulnerable to being addicted to shopping 🛍 and becoming a QVC shopaholic.
None of your business what I buy

JoJo has already ordered five items during the jubilee frenzy,the mind boggles at how these people are trapped or hooked on this app - 🤔 3 lola rose items,a bundleberry neon light,and a marlawynne shirt.
And adds what next🙈 as if it is a badge of honour.
Supposedly it has given her a new lease of life (this Qurio Community),sorry from a outsider looking in,no it has not it’s just lowered your self esteem,and made you vulnerable to being addicted to shopping 🛍 and becoming a QVC shopaholic.
Please see my post on why you should keep your opinions to yourself.

There were only three entries to the Mothers’ Day competition, Erika, RoRo and JoJo. All three have won £100 credit to their QVC accounts. If anyone deserved to win outright, I think it is Erika because she often features her children and MIL in her videos whereas the other two only produced one for the competition. (Just my opinion though as I’m sure all of them are worthy winners,)
Qurio posted asking people to do a video with your children or mum for mothers day

I see JoJo aka ‘Shirley Valentine’ is ‘promoting’ Qurio on the main channel.Has Lulu taken her extensive collections and done a runner or is she recovering after catching sight of her bank statements?
Nice that

All this escapes me 🤔
Yes. Nice people all if you aren't you

I'm wondering if her ott reaction on her ''rant" video has more of a back story. I caught a glimpse of jojo on a promo video on qvc earlier for that app and unless I'm mistaken (Which I may well be) the clip of jojo hasn't been extracted from one of her uploads and is a 'especially made for qvc' video??? If that's true, then Lola probably has the hump that she wasn't asked to do it especially as they seemed to be 'rivals for attention' in the early days of the app. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong?
It was a clip from a post of mine.. I fo jot work for qvc

its really boring the app. Thought I was going to have a laugh at least
No I am a Lab Manager full time

I love the way she does her eye make up though, I'll give her that. It's Ms Lola Rose that gets me the most, and the hispanic looking lady who's more interested in Q than her child by the looks of things. I'm presuming it's hers, Lord help us if she's the paid childcare lol! It's definitely a "Slice of life" - and a slice I don't want to take a bite of!
Someone actually said something nice about me 😵

It was a clip from a post of mine.. I fo jot work for qvc
Do not work for qvc

Wherever you order from you are paying for the delivery costs, whether they are included in the price of the item or separate as in the case of QVC. However if I was shopping seeing £50 as p & p would make me think twice and drastically cut down on my purchases. I suppose the odd thing from QVC is a decent buy, but you just have to look at the total cost including delivery. Having said that I don’t think I’ve bought anything this year.

I think the idea of the ez pays has more to do with encouraging people to buy more as opposed to giving them the opportunity to spread the cost. When it comes to the 5 ez pays, it's worth noticing that they tend to restrict it to one day only, couple this with just half an hour to check out your basket, then I dread to think how many rash purchases are made! I don't know any other place other than when you're buying concert tickets that give you a limited time to check out!
The five easypay offer the other weekend was terrible timing. Who would want the last payment for a purchase made in August coming out of their bank just before Christmas?

I`ve never read Quirio and in fact I`m not even sure what it is but frankly I don`t care what people do or don`t buy or whether they can or can`t afford it but I do think it`s rather sad when people can`t hold the conviction of their own spending and feel they have to justify it on here. Saying its nobody`s business then explaining yourself, your career, your income and your reasons for doing what you do on Quirio is literally making it other peoples business when written in all its glory on here. Even if some of us don`t give a toss and haven`t a clue what`s being banged on about. The Queen`s saying "never complain , never explain " smacks of a better dignity.
If someone puts themselves out there either on Quirio, facebook, Twatter or whatever, then that person is willingly leaving themselves open to comment, both positive or negative so a thick skin and a pair of b*lls are essential. Personally if it were me I`d just laugh behind the pc screen, think to myself let them think what they want and just carry on with my life and revel in the fact whilst they`re talking about me they`re leaving some other poor bugger alone !

I`ve never read Quirio and in fact I`m not even sure what it is but frankly I don`t care what people do or don`t buy or whether they can or can`t afford it but I do think it`s rather sad when people can`t hold the conviction of their own spending and feel they have to justify it on here. Saying its nobody`s business then explaining yourself, your career, your income and your reasons for doing what you do on Quirio is literally making it other peoples business when written in all its glory on here. Even if some of us don`t give a toss and haven`t a clue what`s being banged on about. The Queen`s saying "never complain , never explain " smacks of a better dignity.
If someone puts themselves out there either on Quirio, facebook, Twatter or whatever, then that person is willingly leaving themselves open to comment, both positive or negative so a thick skin and a pair of b*lls are essential. Personally if it were me I`d just laugh behind the pc screen, think to myself let them think what they want and just carry on with my life and revel in the fact whilst they`re talking about me they`re leaving some other poor bugger alone !
I am not explaining myself. I am stating reasons why people's trash talk us baseless when then know nothing of a person. Dignity is a personal thing. I have mine, don't worry about that. In my opinion, my response does not affect my dignity, I feel I would not be true to myself so say nothing. Furthermore, I do not class myself as being "out there", it's a community where unfortunately weirdo sharks seem to lurk for no better reason than to glean information to slate people and give them nasty nicknames. That is where the dignity is lacking. This nasty place is not for me. I'll happily leave you all to it.

Latest posts

Back