Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am not explaining myself. I am stating reasons why people's trash talk us baseless when then know nothing of a person. Dignity is a personal thing. I have mine, don't worry about that. In my opinion, my response does not affect my dignity, I feel I would not be true to myself so say nothing. Furthermore, I do not class myself as being "out there", it's a community where unfortunately weirdo sharks seem to lurk for no better reason than to glean information to slate people and give them nasty nicknames. That is where the dignity is lacking. This nasty place is not for me. I'll happily leave you all to it.

Is that a promise???

I don't blame Jo Jo saying what she did, I mean if I read stuff like that about me, maybe I would've done too. I was surprised that she gave away as much info as she did, after being so adamant that it's none of anybody's business how she spends her money. I will admit that I do look at Qurio to see some of crap that people have been buying, the shock value, I find quite riveting and if that makes me a "weirdo shark", then I'll own it! 'cause she's probably right lol! This is what I love about this forum, you can discuss what you love or hate about shopping channels and many might think that weird in itself! One thing I will say about shopping channels - They ain't what they used to be!

I don't blame Jo Jo saying what she did, I mean if I read stuff like that about me, maybe I would've done too. I was surprised that she gave away as much info as she did, after being so adamant that it's none of anybody's business how she spends her money. I will admit that I do look at Qurio to see some of crap that people have been buying, the shock value, I find quite riveting and if that makes me a "weirdo shark", then I'll own it! 'cause she's probably right lol! This is what I love about this forum, you can discuss what you love or hate about shopping channels and many might think that weird in itself! One thing I will say about shopping channels - They ain't what they used to be!
I couldn't own up to buying some of the high priced garbage that QVC now sell.
As is often said on here better quality and better prices are everywhere but the dinosaur that is QVC

I have never seen the tatty appy so have absolutely no idea who this is, however I do know several people here have taken part in surveys yet not one was asked to take part in the tatty appy so I’m not convinced.

1. I am not a "plant". I was randomly asked to be a beta tester when the app started to be developed. I have been involved as a public user since inception

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck ……….

Ive been a member on here for years and have seen the tone change over time. It always used to be about QVC, the products and customer experience but its become more a full on 'b*t*h fest' aimed at anyone and everyone who doesnt agree with group think. Some of the comments about presenters are just full on nastiness and the political edge dressed up as 'saying it like it is' means that politics, LGBTQ+, trans, feminism, race etc is all apparently permitted - reminds of me just how bad facebook can be and why I dont use that either.

I agree with what JoJo said about this being a nasty place these days and whilst I would hope that some of the most 'noisy' of members may reflect on how damaging an atmosphere is being created I am not sure the level of self awareness is there (after all it it was it would already be self-editing).

So, accepting the risk in announcing my departure I'm off too. This was once a great, friendly, informative place to catch up on all things QVC but the negativity and nastiness makes it a place I too will be glad to avoid.

The fact that many are still ordering, mainly on EZPays, suggests to me that the current state of affairs is being ignored. The cost of living is only going to get worse so the financial crisis is revving up.
The gas and electricity price hikes are just the thin edge of the wedge IMO. Every factory with working machinery, every call centre with heating, lighting and zillions of computers, every supermarket with 24/7 fridges, freezers, bakery, plus lights, tills and radiators, every farm with milking machines, huge barns filled with chickens laying under artificial daylight, every shop, every warehouse, every greenhouse, everything everywhere and more besides, will pass on their inflated heating, lighting and running costs to the rest of us.
The run up to Christmas will be bad enough but come the New Year people will have head in their hands worrying how they`ll pay their overdrafts, credit cards and their first quarterly huge gas or electric bills. The price of everything will be beyond belief.
It must be scary for most people even for those of us who no longer have mortgages or debt but even as debt free pensioners our financial elastic band will only stretch so far.
I was talking to my neighbour yesterday, she`s mid 20`s, has 4 kids, doesn`t work, has a boyfriend living with her who doesn`t work either, she smokes like a factory chimney and she said her utility company wants to increase her direct debit to £368 per month. Yet yesterday she told me she was on her way to her dad`s and hoping to borrow some money because she`d nothing in to feed the kids.
I went round later to offer to give her food for a few days but she was still out so I`m presuming her Dad had seen her right and she`s been missing all day today too. How the hell is someone who can`t feed her kids but always has a smoke in her pocket pay a bill which jumps from £150 to £368 ?

Ive been a member on here for years and have seen the tone change over time. It always used to be about QVC, the products and customer experience but its become more a full on 'b*t*h fest' aimed at anyone and everyone who doesnt agree with group think. Some of the comments about presenters are just full on nastiness and the political edge dressed up as 'saying it like it is' means that politics, LGBTQ+, trans, feminism, race etc is all apparently permitted - reminds of me just how bad facebook can be and why I dont use that either.

I agree with what JoJo said about this being a nasty place these days and whilst I would hope that some of the most 'noisy' of members may reflect on how damaging an atmosphere is being created I am not sure the level of self awareness is there (after all it it was it would already be self-editing).

So, accepting the risk in announcing my departure I'm off too. This was once a great, friendly, informative place to catch up on all things QVC but the negativity and nastiness makes it a place I too will be glad to avoid.
This forum allows all things shopping telly to be discussed, positives and negatives.

If you feel the forum is a bitchfest and posts are so nasty then why have you not reported any of the posts?

Bit dramatic JoJo and LilyJo. I don't have access to Qurio so haven't seen any videos etc. If you want to spend your own money with QVC you are perfectly entitled to do so. If everyone can see you doing it online then surely you have to expect people to comment - good or bad. If you don't like what's on this forum then don't read it and what you don't know about you won't worry about.

CC

Cartoon angry post 30016671.jpg

I am just glad that all my kids are grown up and have thier own homes so not really a burden to me. I can pick what.when,where I heat which room. I am saving money so that I can afford to heat my home adequately over the winter months. Not heating your home in the cold wet climate of our's will lead to serious disrepair. Mould and damp is not your friend. Praying for a mild winter.

As I said in another thread, my flat built early 50s council. We are built on clay with a river that runs down the middle of my park covered over, but you can hear it when crossing the street passed the manhole. When I first moved in years back, I thought don't need heat in the spare bedroom but told my neighbours' no, you do. The pensioner who lives below me, my flat looks like a house just me and the woman below we have our own gardens I have inside stairs. She had real problems with damp and even had the council put a new damp course in the spare room, the damp was so bad. But her living room has problems, and she has to try to keep the mould under the windows cleaned.

We had a log burner installed in April and have had a delivery of kiln dried wood,coffee lots and compressed wood shavings delivered last month. My brother has a bungalow similar to ours and their log burner heats the whole of it . When we went at Christmas I thought they had warm air heating as it was lovely and warm.

One of the comments alerted everyone that for one day only you could get 4ez pays on the clearance sale. There's nothing I particularly want or need, but I thought I'd take a look just in case (like you do!). It was mainly clothing on offer, which I stopped buying willy nilly a few years ago, but I persevered just in case I spotted something I'd had my eye on in the past at a heavily discounted price - I didn't! What I did notice, is that some of the prices were still fairly high, simply because the original price was frankly ridiculous. I won't lie, there was a couple of items that stopped me in my tracks, but when it came down to it, I thought to myself do I really want to buy 2 pairs of eek earrings of their choice in a nifty little zip up jewellery case? It still works out at £31. Maybe it will be handy for holidays, then I thought do I ever take anything other than junk jewellery (which wouldn't fit in it), or a change of earrings on holiday - No, I don't. Perhaps I could buy it as a present, but who would I give it to? Jenny only wears gold in her ears, they're not Karen's style and come to think of it, I only spend around the £20 mark on these people anyway. Perhaps I could "sift and gift", keep one the pairs of earrings for myself - Then I woke up to myself, and said look if you have to think about how useful this is actually gonna be, you're better off leaving it alone altogether!
This is it though, QVC relies upon impulse buys, and impulse buys don't require a lot of thought, like the "Middle of Lidl" or Aldi's "Aisle of dreams" you go in for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk and come out with a bell tent and an angle grinder!
I'm guessing that Qurio will be awash with "bargains" in the next week or so (postal strike allowing). Lola has already unboxed an Amanda Holden "Can you see what it is yet?" thing that was down to £40 from over £100. I think it's supposed to be some kind of storage table, it's metal and can be used outdoors and in, it's pretty hideous imo, and I'd say it's a bin! Bless her, she was trying to remember where she'd heard "can you tell what it is yet?" before, "I'm imagining an Australian accent" - Yes dear, Rolf Harris (oh dear)!
Another lady alerted the flock to a Kim and co dress that had been reduced down to £12 from £60, so I looked out of curiosity, it was vile and would've worked out at £17 - is that really a bargain price for a shapeless polyester frock?!
Yep, no wonder Q seems to thrive when they rely so heavily on impulse purchases, especially when they are constantly injecting a sense of urgency "Quick buy now, stock levels are plummeting as we speak, get it home for £5 (plus postage) today, don't miss out etc etc" ....Don't just listen to us, listen to the customers, join Qurio, real people with real reviews - It all adds up in their favour!

One of the comments alerted everyone that for one day only you could get 4ez pays on the clearance sale. There's nothing I particularly want or need, but I thought I'd take a look just in case (like you do!). It was mainly clothing on offer, which I stopped buying willy nilly a few years ago, but I persevered just in case I spotted something I'd had my eye on in the past at a heavily discounted price - I didn't! What I did notice, is that some of the prices were still fairly high, simply because the original price was frankly ridiculous. I won't lie, there was a couple of items that stopped me in my tracks, but when it came down to it, I thought to myself do I really want to buy 2 pairs of eek earrings of their choice in a nifty little zip up jewellery case? It still works out at £31. Maybe it will be handy for holidays, then I thought do I ever take anything other than junk jewellery (which wouldn't fit in it), or a change of earrings on holiday - No, I don't. Perhaps I could buy it as a present, but who would I give it to? Jenny only wears gold in her ears, they're not Karen's style and come to think of it, I only spend around the £20 mark on these people anyway. Perhaps I could "sift and gift", keep one the pairs of earrings for myself - Then I woke up to myself, and said look if you have to think about how useful this is actually gonna be, you're better off leaving it alone altogether!
This is it though, QVC relies upon impulse buys, and impulse buys don't require a lot of thought, like the "Middle of Lidl" or Aldi's "Aisle of dreams" you go in for a loaf of bread and a pint of milk and come out with a bell tent and an angle grinder!
I'm guessing that Qurio will be awash with "bargains" in the next week or so (postal strike allowing). Lola has already unboxed an Amanda Holden "Can you see what it is yet?" thing that was down to £40 from over £100. I think it's supposed to be some kind of storage table, it's metal and can be used outdoors and in, it's pretty hideous imo, and I'd say it's a bin! Bless her, she was trying to remember where she'd heard "can you tell what it is yet?" before, "I'm imagining an Australian accent" - Yes dear, Rolf Harris (oh dear)!
Another lady alerted the flock to a Kim and co dress that had been reduced down to £12 from £60, so I looked out of curiosity, it was vile and would've worked out at £17 - is that really a bargain price for a shapeless polyester frock?!
Yep, no wonder Q seems to thrive when they rely so heavily on impulse purchases, especially when they are constantly injecting a sense of urgency "Quick buy now, stock levels are plummeting as we speak, get it home for £5 (plus postage) today, don't miss out etc etc" ....Don't just listen to us, listen to the customers, join Qurio, real people with real reviews - It all adds up in their favour!
There were some good prices on yesterday's sale but I agree about the Amanda Holden aubergine, metal container. Why was it so heavily discounted? Probably due to poor sales and/or returns.

Think Lola should be returning the tin bin, it had imperfections and how anyone could price that at over £100 in the first place?Even discounted it was a far too much.Lola seems to have ‘seen the light’ with Q and not one of their best fans now.

Sorry to revive this thread, but I just cannot believe how many different (mega expensive) tubes of jollop these ladies buy to slap all over their skin. I'm not saying that nobody should buy anti aging products, but some of them are buying one thing after another, and if there are good results to be seen then, how on God's earth would they be able to tell which one did what?! I don't suppose with so much cash to chuck around, that it matters a damn to them, but the reviews on skin products are pretty pointless really. Nice jar, yep we can see that without buying it, doesn't irritate my skin (that's your skin, not mine) smells nice - Yes but does it do what it says on the tin? Who blinking knows!

Last edited:
Sorry to revive this thread, but I just cannot believe how many different (mega expensive) tubes of jollop these ladies buy to slap all over their skin. I'm not saying that nobody should buy anti aging products, but some of them are buying one thing after another, and if there are good results to be seen then, how on God's earth would they be able to tell which one did what?! I don't suppose with so much cash to chuck around, that it matters a damn to them, but the reviews on skin products are pretty pointless really. Nice jar, yep we can see that without buying it, doesn't irritate my skin (that's your skin, not mine) smells nice - Yes but does it do what it says on the tin? Who blinking knows!
Totally agree. It can take months for a new skincare regime to bear fruit (maybe seconds for an adverse reaction). Chopping and changing too quickly can leave you utterly clueless about whether a product works or not. Effectively you experiment on your own skin... and it takes patience, not deep pockets.

I was in TKMaxx on Saturday spotted some Elemis facial oil, and it was £24.99 so a good deal. I actually stopped and made myself think it over, otherwise it is so easy to just grab and buy. Okay, I said I have 3 bottles of Emma Hardie facial oil, which I love and got on really excellent offers early in the year.

A few months ago, I started using facial gentle polish, which I read so many great reviews of. First use, I came out in large red spots like 10 minutes later. I should have known better, I read the ingredients and spotted something I knew my skin does not like. Lucky the shop took it back, and I got a refuse, but it took over 2 weeks for my face to settle down. Okay, we all want a change but better to stick with what works for you.

Latest posts

Back