Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s the app that keeps giving! Saw a woman’s demo for Eco egg stain remover. She had deliberately stained a tea towel with curry sauce, beetroot, red wine and bbq sauce. In order to show whether or not it worked she sprayed the product over half of each stain. She mentioned that she needed to use a fair amount ( from what I could see - that was the understatement of the year). She said she was gonna put it through the wash and come back later with the result. Next video - yay! All the stains had gone “it’s a keeper!” …Yes dear - all the stains had gone including the parts that you hadn’t sprayed and rubbed with copious amounts of stain remover !! D’oh ! Seemed she’d forgotten about that! Hey ho love only about £12 quid spent on 240ml of something that you’ve inadvertently told us is a completely unnecessary purchase! Youve gotta love it!

Sad person that I am when I was a Q customer, & considering buying something that had been shown previously, I always read the reviews & would see the same pseudonyms appearing regularly. I write about some aspects of my life on here, however, I felt that I knew some of the Q's customers, especially this lady & her 19 bottles of LE's skin tonic!

Sad person that I am when I was a Q customer, & considering buying something that had been shown previously, I always read the reviews & would see the same pseudonyms appearing regularly. I write about some aspects of my life on here, however, I felt that I knew some of the Q's customers, especially this lady & her 19 bottles of LE's skin tonic!

Somebody please in very simple words explain to me why buy 5*4 bottles of a new skin tonic. Let's say you use one bottle every two months, that is 40 months worth. Why?

Even at a month each it is still 20 months, that is more than a year and a half.

I just do not understand. 🙄

Somebody please in very simple words explain to me why buy 5*4 bottles of a new skin tonic. Let's say you use one bottle every two months, that is 40 months worth. Why?

Even at a month each it is still 20 months, that is more than a year and a half.

Maybe she drinks it!

I don’t understand it but then I’m not into expensive gloop. It’s not even like handbags where you could use a different one each day.

Maybe it’s a way of protecting supplies incase they change the formula?

Maybe she uses it for cleaning the kitchen worktops. 😂

Uses it top to toe every day?

It does seem very weird.

It’s a stroke of genius by QVC get all the compulsive buyers in one place,congratulating themselves showing off their buys.
It feeds the desire to keep buying sad but true,plus I’m guessing lonely people go on the app also.
£££££££££££££££££££££££££ QVC

It’s a stroke of genius by QVC get all the compulsive buyers in one place,congratulating themselves showing off their buys.
It feeds the desire to keep buying sad but true,plus I’m guessing lonely people go on the app also.
£££££££££££££££££££££££££ QVC
Yes, it really is - and really quite shocking! Now when I had a bit of a QVC habit (2002-2021) it showed how I'd spent almost 7k and estimated I'd parted with about £900 in p&p - I was horrified. I don't know how long these Qurio folk have been customers, but from what I can see, the purchases need to be currently available to purchase - in other words recent! So the lady unboxing 5 Lola Rose bracelets all about £25-£35 a pop plus 5 separate £3.95 p&ps OM bleepin' G! From all her other vids she must have spent what I spent over a period of 19 years in just one! Far from me to tell people what to do with their hard earned money, or their credit cards - but surely spending £20 to get 5 piddling little bracelets delivered, that could easily have been sent in one parcel is downright lunacy! It would not surprise me in the least if these customers haven't spent the equivalent of my 19 year total spend in p&p alone . Surely Q, you can recognise these as "Good customers" and reward them somehow with special deals/free samples/p&p deals, but I guess if they're happy to carry on throwing money your way regardless, then why would you?! Arguably these people should be locked up for their own safety - but again who am I to say. I guess if it makes them happy - I sincerely hope that it does. I have a sneaking suspicion that it doesn't, as in any addiction you are never sated!

Oh it isn`t just Q which have such followers. I follow a particular clothing brand on their friends of the brand facebook page and believe me there are women who get 2, 3 4 or more deliveries every day. One has posted a pic of her bedroom just this morning and the top of the wardrobe, the floor and the outside as well as the inside of her wardrobe is full of stuff she`s bought and will no doubt keep buying. There are bags, boxes, packages and hangers full of stuff. There`s no way any single person can use or wear the quantity she`s bought and I shudder to think just how much she`s spent.
Some days it`s as if they try to outdo each other and who can get the most items in a day. They even do selfies of themselves wearing each item, like a fashion show and when there`s a discount on a particular item it turns into a feeding frenzy who can snap it up first whether they need it or not.
Of course every comment is a comment encouraging followers to buy even more and even when someone posts a photo of their size 16 figure squashed into a size 14 or in items which are so big they resemble shrouds or are too short, too long, wrong shape or style , wrong colour etc every comment is " gorgeous, fabulousssss, its a keeper, you look loverlyyyyyy, buy it in every colour its a must etc etc ".
Reading that page is doing me a power of good, its like shock therapy on how internet shopping can get out of hand or just how greedy/materialistic/stupid/addicted people can be.

We got new neighbours about 3 years ago. A couple about 30. In that time they have never worked outside the home (pre Covid) although I’m really not sure what they do from home. apart from having 3 babies one after each other.

They get a courier delivery every single day, often 2 or even 3 yet I’ve never seen them get a grocery shop or even take groceries from the boot of the car so I’m at a loss as to how they eat and what the heck they buy online every day.

We got new neighbours about 3 years ago. A couple about 30. In that time they have never worked outside the home (pre Covid) although I’m really not sure what they do from home. apart from having 3 babies one after each other.

They get a courier delivery every single day, often 2 or even 3 yet I’ve never seen them get a grocery shop or even take groceries from the boot of the car so I’m at a loss as to how they eat and what the heck they buy online every day.
Maybe they've eaten the children? :censored::unsure:

CC

The combination of this thread & reading the negative comments about Alison Cork's TSV has meant that I've started looking at reviews again & I think I may have found the Lola Rose bracelet person. She ends her reviews like a speech at the Oscars thanking everyone & has started including her name as well. However, the most annoying part is writing adjectives in UPPER CASE.

The combination of this thread & reading the negative comments about Alison Cork's TSV has meant that I've started looking at reviews again & I think I may have found the Lola Rose bracelet person. She ends her reviews like a speech at the Oscars thanking everyone & has started including her name as well. However, the most annoying part is writing adjectives in UPPER CASE.
I spotted her reviews as well. How ridiculous to put the adjectives in capital letters, unless she’s shouting her delight at lining QVC’s pockets. 🙄

As a teacher, I’ll keep my opinion of her literary and grammatical “talents” to myself. 🤔
Thanks ladies, I’ve also gone LOOKING for and found this lady’s reviews.
24 pages of them, that’ll keep me AMUSED for a bit.

The postage must be costing them a fortune for what they buy.
But hey it’s a QVC App and they have these compulsive buyers now sadly trapped in feeding the shopping telly addiction.
Some of these people need help.

Latest posts

Back