Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I literally shrieked with laughter at that dog, just as well I am on my own.It was the fact that she was totally unaware she would have to be a brilliant actress otherwise.That is just it the lack of awareness, the makeup guru turning her face this way and that taking moments out of valuable living time, shall I shan’t I? The very best of QVC, next——

Well I literally shrieked with laughter at that dog, just as well I am on my own.It was the fact that she was totally unaware she would have to be a brilliant actress otherwise.That is just it the lack of awareness, the makeup guru turning her face this way and that taking moments out of valuable living time, shall I shan’t I? The very best of QVC, next——
That's what gets me, every time - If you're not sure, it must mean that you're not entirely happy with it. What's the point in asking the opinion of a bunch of sycophantic spendaholics who don't know you from Adam. You're unlikely to get an honest opinion, they'll tell you what they think you'll want to hear "Keep it, it looks great"!
Trying not to forget that some people can't get out to the shops easily, you could take a number of garments into a high street changing room and will immediately say no to anything you're not thrilled with. You will pick out and buy the things you love. There are plenty of other online retailers that don't charge silly money in p&p and offer free returns. There is no excuse for shopping with QVC imo!

Bry's a male rescue dog and we don't know what breeds are in there but definitely a few. I'd say JRT and maybe some Staffie as he has brindle ears. Mr CC thinks Whippet in there but we don't honestly know. He's got such a lovely nature though, we're lucky to have him.

CC
Ahh well he’s a gorgeous looking boy and sounds as if he’s got the character to match.
You’re both lucky!

(Doesn’t matter what breed/s he is - let’s hear it for rescue dogs and mongrels and moggies 😻)

Sorry if this sounds cruel - but I’ve just seen a review of the Liz Earle tsv by a woman who sounds very heavily medicated- I don’t know how much she paid for it but its £88 now - she hasn’t quite got the concept of what a review consists of. She opens a slightly battered looking box, shows us what’s inside, says she can smell the body bar (soap) through the packaging and it smells lovely- thanks for that, very informative! Her other reviews are of a set of 12 socks for £45 + postage - which she was “lucky enough “ to get on 4 easy pays. When you need to break up payment for socks, I think there’s a problem!! Other than that she was happy they weren’t Xmassy so she can wear them all year round. Did she not know what she was ordering? The other (non) review informed us that she spent £15 + postage on 3 packs of cleansing wipes containing 30 in each pack- that makes them about 20p each! What are these people doing?!!

Merry, it's not cruel but I myself have been in a situation (when I first found Q) where you are on your own, things are difficult, you don't have much of a life outside of work and you do get a bit sucked in. You put the telly on, have a glass of wine, then another see some shite on the TV and think you want it, get your card out and buy rubbish. If you've never done it it probably sounds ridiculous but it's a bit of company and then it's a bit of excitement opening up a box of socks (not really lol). I can relate to a lot of it.

I don't do that now because I don't have a good job that pays well any more and because I don't need any more stuff. But everyone on here knows I still buy things. Old habits die hard. I understand where these people are coming from. I'd never broadcast it on the internet though, what if my mum saw it :oops::oops:

CC

Or worse still Mr CC will see his Christmas pressie
Talking of which…..the postman delivered a small QVC parcel today addressed to Mr MA. He’d obviously forgotten to amend delivery address as usually anything he orders from my Christmas list gets sent to his mum’s house.
When he arrived home and I made mention of it, he said “well, you don’t know what’s in it”
“I do, I said, ‘cos the item numbers on top right of label and I’ve checked “ 😀

Although I have had a laugh at some of goings on broadcast on Qurio it does present a serious side.It is up to everyone how they spend their money but some of these people must have seriously well paid jobs or are massively in debt.I have always bemoaned the P&P on Q and factor that into the amount I pay if and when, which is very little these days, I order anything.I think it was the LR lady who was showing 2 jumpsuits, returned both & ordered a smaller size, is that 6 lots of postage?That is insane, but they don’t even think about it.It is though their brains have been programmed to only shop with QVC, even with these costs and have been sent worn & damaged goods!

Last edited:
Well, I hope you like it madaunty since you know what it is?
Oh, I will 😀 Rollerlash duo. I’m currently reduced to using my travel ones whilst I wait for the duo to be wrapped and “gifted”.
I’ve also 2 advent calendars awaiting me; the Boots Soap and Glory one one and the Daily Mail YOU magazine one. There’re mascaras in them, though it remains to be seen if they match Rollerlash.

Although I have had a laugh at some of goings on broadcast on Qurio it does present a serious side.It is up to everyone how they spend their money but some of these people must have seriously well paid jobs or are massively in debt.I have always bemoaned the P&P on Q and factor that into the amount I pay if and when, which is very little these days, I order anything.I think it was the LR lady who was showing 2 jumpsuits, returned both & ordered a smaller size, is that 6 lots of postage?That is insane, but they don’t even think about it.It is though their brains have been programmed to only shop with QVC, even with these costs and have been sent worn & damaged goods!
This is an excellent post SF.

Not only is it worrying it’s quite disturbing,your right it’s either lots of spare money or going into debt.
QVC is a business and obviously has to make a profit, but the postal charges are out of order and for returns it’s double postal charges for the customer,which is totally wrong.As for returns and refunds just think how long these people have to wait,which again asks the question how do they keep control of their shopping budget and finance if you are buying so many items each week?
For some it’s virtually impossible because it’s a habit which they cannot control.
Of course they are entitled to spend their money how they like it’s freedom of choice,but if you go on this app it’s not even funny anymore I just feel sorry for them and they certainly need help of some kind.
As I commented before it’s a brilliant stroke by QVC to get the serial shoppers in one place,but someone at the top of this company should have a serious look at themselves it’s morally wrong in so many ways,these people are easy prey.
No doubt the app serves a purpose but it also reflects on QVC themselves,they have no shame in exploiting these people it’s all about the profit and keeping the tat sellers in freebies.

Talking of which…..the postman delivered a small QVC parcel today addressed to Mr MA. He’d obviously forgotten to amend delivery address as usually anything he orders from my Christmas list gets sent to his mum’s house.
When he arrived home and I made mention of it, he said “well, you don’t know what’s in it”
“I do, I said, ‘cos the item numbers on top right of label and I’ve checked “ 😀
Spoil sport!😜

OMS the answer is in your post (excellent BTW) “this company should have a serious look at themselves it’s morally wrong”. Morals aren’t in most companies vocabulary but Q are like a certain cheapo airline taking a delight in giving the finger to customers who they treat appallingly and who they know come running back for more.

Ive been there and know it’s akin to an addiction. I am lucky in that I could well afford it, they were mostly jewellery which I wear all the time. If Q still had the same selection and less butt clenching presenters/BA I might still be there but the groundhog programmes worked cold turkey on me.

Now I just have to wean myself off EBay!

This is an excellent post SF.
Thankyou Twilight! I think it was CC who has said it can come from being on your own, the ‘thrill’ of receiving and opening the package and perhaps now with this Qurio site relaying and seeking reassurance from those in cyber world.Who knows? I am no expert but I live alone and you can get away with anything!I love magazines and buy probably more than most but there isn’t even a dent in my financial status & I pass them on.At times during lockdown the wine o’clock came round too often, but I put a stop to that.I was aware! When someone pays for a set of candles because they like the holders and are not bothered about the candles that to me is strange , why not go to B&M and buy some jars for a fraction? It takes all sorts and building up debt these days doesn’t seem to bother some people.

I think the thrill of receiving and opening parcels can suck in anybody, alone or not. I used to buy the most when I could least afford it, when I had a little evening job a couple of evenings a week and what I got on benefit. Kids at school, oh at work so just me and the tv. Most of the time I bought stuff I didn't need, another bracelet that would just be popped in my jewellery box with the rest of them, another dress, another bag etc etc. I remember paying by cheque which would give me a little leeway before payday, even though it meant that the goods wouldn't be despatched before the cheque was received and cleared, to me it was the fact it was "on order" that gave me the buzz, receiving it was often a disappointment. Joining here way back when was great as I met like minded people, who didn't laugh when I told them I liked shopping channels. Difference here is that, as we do now, we talk about a multitude of things and actually stop each other from wasting money, as well as talking about our happy purchases (the way Q's going now, these are few and far between) but this a great site, and I love it. Qurio is socially dangerous imo, it's a one trick pony, designed to make spendaholics spend even more and to bolster Q's bank balance. Most fan sites have a general section where you can talk about whatever you fancy - Qurio doesn't! It doesn't promote friendship like this and other ones do. Qurio should be renamed "slippery slope" with the tagline "meet you at the bottom"!

Latest posts

Back