Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OMG! I dunno what Hyacinth's just taken but she's gone into a reviewing frenzy. She's just received a little gadget that you charge up for an hour and it belches out a lavender scented steam for 3 minutes. She bought it for "Richard" to help him sleep at night! Now there's two things I can say about that - Is he not sleeping because he's worried about his Mrs's spending? or that she could play him one of her reviews and he'll be in the land of nod in seconds!
I digress, the review starts off with this little gadget that she reckons she'll be taking on holiday the year after next (blimey, she's got faith in this little piece of plastic)! Then it looks as though she's rifled through her drawers and fetched out everything she's bought from Q in the last couple of weeks (and it's a lot)! Then if that wasn't enough, she tugged her laptop towards the camera to show us yet another skincare product she's just ordered!
PS.. It's high time you took your Christmas decorations down! Your window sill is in danger of collapse under the weight of all the stuff, and you need a new laptop cover* - Miaow!

* No wonder it's worn out!

Last edited:
Katy’s done a runner 🤣
It does appear to be that way, although I did spot a comment from her one of the fairly recent reviews but I don't remember which one. She probably drew the short straw when they were trying to recruit one of them to become involved. She started off in earnest, even offering to make a video of her house showing off all the things she's bought from QVC, quickly adding that she didn't mean the samples they get given to "try out" at home - So that'll be a pretty short presentation I would think. Despite receiving the most ❤️s and the most comments - nobody mentioned this kind offer. She probably thought thank F for that - I'll pop on every now and again and make the odd random comment and hopefully that'll keep the bosses happy!

Yesterday was the so-called Blue Monday, the day people feel saddest all year.

It is when the credit card bills come in after Xmas. People saying it is such a long month and I don't get paid until......

Perhaps Lola is hiding knowing the bills are coming.

Anybody missing Lola ?
Her crown 👸 is slipping of the top tat video not many jumpsuits on Q at the minute she’s bought all that were on there

It is when the credit card bills come in after Xmas. People saying it is such a long month and I don't get paid until......

Must be 3 lovely ladies thinking oh crap when they see their bank balance and scrambling to find the receipts thank god for 30-60 day money back garrentee

Must be 3 lovely ladies thinking oh crap when they see their bank balance and scrambling to find the receipts thank god for 30-60 day money back garrentee
At least they have got that option. Throughout November/December most people are buying Christmas presents, not spending hundreds of pounds on little bits n' bobs for themselves. I would assume that the majority of them have people to buy gifts for at Christmas - so this would make their spending even more scary!
Qurio might be encouraging people to spend money like water - but for me it just reinforces how dangerous it is. This has been a bigger eye opener than my statement from Q!

I was saying on a Gemporia thread that January is sooo long. However, the bank account is a bit dry but no credit card bills to worry about. Mine is in the safe and doesn't see the light of day. The last one was never used in 3 years and expired. Another one I didn't use, closed my account because of lack of use! No blue monday, I remember those dark days, every sodding day was blue, robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I was saying on a Gemporia thread that January is sooo long. However, the bank account is a bit dry but no credit card bills to worry about. Mine is in the safe and doesn't see the light of day. The last one was never used in 3 years and expired. Another one I didn't use, closed my account because of lack of use! No blue monday, I remember those dark days, every sodding day was blue, robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Pretty much same here. I have two credit cards, one which I'm literally down to my last £50 on and once that's paid - next month it's gonna be cancelled. The other one is a zero interest card which I'm finally paying off a consolidation of debt, and if all goes well it should be completely paid off before the zero interest runs out. My catalogue bill is under control (and interest free) and apart from a few other direct debits, & my contribution towards household bills etc, I've still got a bit to spend on fripperies- I'd never take it for granted 'cause everything can change in a heartbeat. Lord knows I'm glad I'm no longer tangled up in debt for the sake of a few bits of crap I've bought from the shopping channels. If I'd continued on that trajectory, I'd be up to my blinking neck in it by now, and there's no way I could have afforded to go part time!
In those dark days as you call them - I didn't give it a second thought! I was in complete denial, paying off the minimum payment every time. I even got a few red letters and late payment charges. It never got as far as having the bailiffs knocking on my door but I'd merrily bung a carefree fiver here and there towards my debt and save the rest of my money to buy more stuff - I had about 4 credit cards at one stage - just crazy!

Last edited:
I got a credit card quite a few years ago, but have never used it. 😳 The bank keep sending a new one when they expire but I’m surprised that they haven’t contacted me to ask whether or not I actually want one.

I guess that I’m in the fortunate position that I’ve never been in the red or in debt and I never take an option of Easy Pays, credit etc. The only exception was when I bought my new car. I could have £1500 off the price if I signed up for monthly payments and so I did so because it have been silly not to do so. 😉 The terms and conditions said that, after 3 months, I could pay off the remaining balance, instead of letting it run its three year course, so after three months that’s what I did.

I guess that my mindset says that while I’m paying for something then, technically, it doesn’t belong to me.

Ooh Ela bought a massager about £130 from qvc but Nicola bought hers from Aldi £40 and another lady bought hers from ideal world £40 and it had more attachments the worms are turning 🤣

One day they might actually realise that most items from QVC are available more cheaply elsewhere with free P&P, in most cases, and with refunds that don’t take weeks. 🙄 If I’ve ever had a problem with a purchase elsewhere and I ring their CS, they send out a replacement with no argument or issue a refund. With QVC you are expected to jump through hoops.

Some of those on Qurio who buy lots of things and then return them must spend more on P&P and the return postage than I do in total on QVC. 😳

Or maybe those on Qurio simply want their 15 minutes fame when they post a video. 🤔

QVC are to expensive certainly no better than any other selly telly channel,you can buy the same goods or near the same standard cheaper elsewhere if you look around.
What goes through their heads in buying this overpriced crap.
And whoever buys a Dyson Abbi needs there heads examining.
Some hefty credit card bills have now been appearing,shock to the system all on easy pay of course,dear Katy please come back I’m in debt,and need a few tips on how to pay back,what I owe to the credit card company 🙈🙉🙊

Standby ….. because you might get an email from QVC asking you to complete a short survey about Qurio. I’ve just submitted mine. 😉
Fortunately I opted out of marketing communications back when GDPR came in. So I doubt en email is winging its way to my inbox.

Latest posts

Back