Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve always thought germoline pink tight leggings aren’t a good look no matter how great legs you have.

How many times have you done a double take thinking someone has come out without snything on their legs.
Yes and I'm sure I've put on here before. Where I lived previously there was a woman that used to go around with salmon pink leggings (should not have worn leggings in any colour tbh) on and I nearly crashed my car several times when I saw her because it appeared she had only come out with a top and trainers on. You've never seen anything like it! Leggings aren't really a good look on anyone over 8 stone and pink ones are the biggest no no on earth (in my opinion).

CC

I used to go to the local Working Mens Club on a weekend and there was one older guy there that used to wear white trousers (yup, obscene). He always looked like he'd stuffed two bread rolls and a pair of socks down there lol. I mean, what else could you do but look???

Strato, have a good look in the mirror before you wear that suit outside your house 🤭🤭

CC

I used to go to the local Working Mens Club on a weekend and there was one older guy there that used to wear white trousers (yup, obscene). He always looked like he'd stuffed two bread rolls and a pair of socks down there lol. I mean, what else could you do but look???

Strato, have a good look in the mirror before you wear that suit outside your house 🤭🤭

CC
I immediately thought of this on reading your post….

Male Qurio customer £45.00 on a box of cardboard.
The mind boggles on what these people will spend there money on.
On the upside, I guess it'll give the fella something to do as opposed to watching Q all day or trawling their website to find the next thing to buy! I used to make a lot of cards when I was in my crafting phase, but I preferred my cards to be a little more "rustic". I'm fortunate enough to have a little artistic talent so I was able to draw my own templates, draw directly on the cards with fancy pens etc, and would source stick on bits from anywhere and everywhere (nothing yucky of course lol) It was fun whilst it lasted and it didn't cost me a fortune to do. Shops like "The Works" was great for cardstock, sticky dots etc and Poundland often came up trumps with little bits. I know that a serious crafter can spend a fortune on their hobby and devote entire rooms to the cause - but there are worse things you can get into!
I'd have never bought a set like this, as it's horrendously expensive and whilst it undoubtedly lets the crafter make some stunning cards, they wouldn't be "my creations" if you're just sticking down somebody else's pre-cut designs, and adding pre- printed sentiments. It's the painting by numbers equivalent of card making. I'm not knocking painting by numbers, a friend at work does it, and she says she finds it really relaxing and something she can dip in and out of when she feels like it, and at the end she's got a fabulous piece of art to frame and display. Cards not so much, you give it someone and a couple of weeks later it goes in the bin.

I saw this plus p&p nearly £50 and all the gushing comments of encouragement, Erika didn’t last long about a week I think ,now just bought dress and boots but she only bought them because she needs them 🤦 well and truly hooked
I’m a bit slow you know but I have just seen the peach jeans, I would probably look much the same in those except the sight would not be seen outside my bedroom before being speedily packed up for return.Certainly not gushing over them on Qurio, do they really think that is a good look? Yes I am pressing on with the diet!

I’m a bit slow you know but I have just seen the peach jeans, I would probably look much the same in those except the sight would not be seen outside my bedroom before being speedily packed up for return.Certainly not gushing over them on Qurio, do they really think that is a good look? Yes I am pressing on with the diet!
There's something intrinsically wrong with peach jeans - they're not gonna suit anybody, let's face it! Especially if you're not very tall and don't have the slimmest of figures. It's a very "dated" colour and reminds me of the Abigail's party dresses of the 1970's. The person who said how great they looked with the black top, I think was struggling to find something nice to say. I know it's only my opinion, but I thought the colours looked horrendous together. I also think that the only way those things could look half way presentable would be worn with a loose flowing white blouse and white sandals. They weren't cheap, and for what wear one could get from them without looking horrendous is so limited , they'd be on their way back to Knowsley before they saw the light of day, let alone be paraded in front of other people!

I suppose Qurio is a community, but a community of enablers. All this oohing and aahing over the purchases regardles of whether they are good or not just encourages people to buy. Everyone thinks everything is great. The peach jeans were a definite no and whilst Erika’s dress was reasonable value for £30 it was definitely too small. As for the comments about spending I assumed they came from people on here who have signed up to the app.

It suddenly came to me I had a pale peachy coloured jeans,t shirt & over shirt, in my defence it was years& years ago & I was very slim! I once wore the T-shirt with the cotton over shirt worn open like a jacket & passed someone in the corridor at work who had a startled look on their face.They obviously didn’t realise the existence of the T shirt.

I bought a pair of denim “boyfriend” shorts in the M & S sale, it wasn’t til I got them home and tried them on that it dawned on me that pale pink denim was not a good look. If it had been jeans I wouldn’t have even considered them.
Anyway, I took them back later in the week along with a too small top.
My refund was £21 and I returned to the now “final prices/no returns” sale rail and came out with 2 bras, pair of p.js and a top for a grand total of £7.56.
A trip to the coffee shop for lunch and I was still a fiver richer than when I started the day.

The Qurio Lovies just congratulate each other on overspending,even with the receipts piled high,it’s hardly raised any concern between them,because I suspect most of the regular posters there,are in the same position addicted to online shopping.
Up to the necks in debt and can’t control their spending.

I suppose Qurio is a community, but a community of enablers. All this oohing and aahing over the purchases regardles of whether they are good or not just encourages people to buy. Everyone thinks everything is great. The peach jeans were a definite no and whilst Erika’s dress was reasonable value for £30 it was definitely too small. As for the comments about spending I assumed they came from people on here who have signed up to the app.
Yes, I only just noticed that when I looked again and it's too tight around the bust area. She said she bought a size eight - Don't fgs try and slim down into it girl. It doesn't matter how pretty it is, if it's uncomfortable to wear, return it, and if you must have it, go for the next size up. Had she ordered this elsewhere she could've ordered two to try for size keep the one that fit best . It's possible she could've found somewhere who doesn't charge for postage at all. That's what you get from shopping with Q!

I saw this plus p&p nearly £50 and all the gushing comments of encouragement, Erika didn’t last long about a week I think ,now just bought dress and boots but she only bought them because she needs them 🤦 well and truly hooked
There's a huge difference between what you want and what you need. Needs are very often very boring - I need a new outdoor airer because my old one is falling apart and the plastic coating is peeling off. I'm in no rush to get a new one as outdoor drying isn't much of an option with the weather at the moment but I'll get around to it. I also need a new umbrella because my clear "birdcage" one is literally gonna "go" with the next gust of wind. Other than that there's not actually much I want. I would love to have a larger handbag, but it's not crucial, but it's got to tick all the boxes as in it's good quality leather and it doesn't cost silly money.
My message to the lovely laydees of Qurio is to look at what you've actually got, get rid of any clothes that you don't love, don't fit properly and I'm sure you'll discover you've actually got more to wear. Decide what beauty products you can't live without and replace things as and when they run out. Stop filling your homes with crap. Believe me, you'll get more joy from having everything you need, and enough money to pay your bills, have nights out, holidays etc. Just having a little cash in your bank account is a nice feeling and beats the feeling of ripping open a cardboard box and bunging the contents in the back of the cupboard. I've been there, done that and thankfully come through the other side ok. Finally , if it has to be retail therapy - fgs don't let yourself be ripped off!

What prevent any Qurio ’broadcaster’ from spending £100s in postage alone with QVC suggesting they could shop elsewhere & get better value ? Heaven forbid they are totally brainwashed and not only that do their Qurio ‘bits’ to prove it & getting the rest of the crowd to tell them how wonderful they are / look.That Finery dress although discounted was nothing special & too tight over the bust.Erika recognised this but return? Too much trouble?I ordered a tunic in a sale,( not Q,!) I put it on, looked awful packed up and returned the same day.
P.S
Agree with your post Merryone and I do buy things I could live without BUT all bills are paid and there is money for any contingencies, this lot have bottomless pits of money to throw away, none seem to be living in ‘Mansions’!?

If I can’t try it on in the shop I don’t buy. I need at least 2 sizes to try and I’m not paying postage or even if free the bother of trekking to shop or post office to return. I don’t need anything that badly and I just can’t be arsed.

I bought a pair of denim “boyfriend” shorts in the M & S sale, it wasn’t til I got them home and tried them on that it dawned on me that pale pink denim was not a good look. If it had been jeans I wouldn’t have even considered them.
Anyway, I took them back later in the week along with a too small top.
My refund was £21 and I returned to the now “final prices/no returns” sale rail and came out with 2 bras, pair of p.js and a top for a grand total of £7.56.
A trip to the coffee shop for lunch and I was still a fiver richer than when I started the day.
That's what you call a bargain.

Martin Lewis advises asking yourself three questions before buying things. If you’re skint you consider do I need it, can I afford it and can I get it cheaper elsewhere. If you’re not skint you ask will I use it, is it worth it and can I get it cheaper elsewhere. Let’s give the Qurio folks the benefit of the doubt and assume they are not skint. The answers would probably be that they wouldn’t use something enough to get their money’s worth (if they already have loads of similar items it’s highly unlikely the latest one will get much use), if it’s from QVC the purchase is unlikely to be worth the price and it’s highly likely they could get something similar cheaper elsewhere. The logical conclusion from that is don’t buy it.

Latest posts

Back