Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The torch forum are now running a competition and asking for photos of people's collections.

Here is one I picked out, and the 3 large torches at the back cost £660 each!
The 2 short fat ones next to them on the right of them (in the pic) cost £330 each. That's £2640 for just 5 of the torches.

The medium size are around the £100 mark to £150. The very cheapest mini torches are £22.

As I've said before, it puts Qurio in the shade for generating sales and people buying items that they will never use.

Olight collection 272128345_1022.jpg

Last edited:
The torch forum are now running a competition and asking for photos of people's collections.

Here is one I picked out, and the 3 large torches at the back cost £660 each!
The 2 short fat ones next to them on the right of them (in the pic) cost £330 each. That's £2640 for just 5 of the torches.

The medium size are around the £100 mark to £150. The very cheapest mini torches are £22.

As I've said before, it puts Qurio in the shade for generating sales and people buying items that they will never use.

View attachment 24176
I'm gonna stick up for the torch collectors here, in that if they did decide to sell up their collections then I reckon they'd have a better chance than any of the Qurio ladies (and cardboard Richard) trying to flog off all the random **** they've bought from QVC over the years!

Could be time for some people to raid their candle stash and live by candlelight instead of electric light. Sales in Liberace style candelabra could sky rocket. Reminds me of when I was a young child having to visit our outside loo down the bottom of the yard and my Dad would light a candle in there and stand it on top of the cistern which was high up and with a chain handle you pulled to flush.
Joking aside it scares me some of the measures some people may be tempted to make in order to afford to cook, eat or turn on their lights. Back to Victorian times of one meal a day and living in the dark for the poorest people.

I'm gonna stick up for the torch collectors here, in that if they did decide to sell up their collections then I reckon they'd have a better chance than any of the Qurio ladies (and cardboard Richard) trying to flog off all the random **** they've bought from QVC over the years!
Many of them are now far more valuable than their original price among collectors

I belong to Basenotes the perfume forum members on there are worldwide. One US member buys every new perfume, released high end or niche, he must have 1000s of bottles. Other members have joked now and then if it is his retirement fund? No, he just loves collection perfume and yes, he does wear them. Stored in large cabinets away from heat and sunlight.

A friend, collects perfume bottles, if they are interesting. She will buy even if she does not like the perfume, it is for the bottle she makes her mum wear the ones she does not like to get the bottle. John Paul Gaultier are the main ones as there are different bottle variations of the bottle released only in certain countries. A friend of hers who travels the far east and US for business if a new one comes out gets him to bring it for her.

So Stratobuddy's torch forum are not the only ones who will pay big money for the things they collect.
Someone bought me a bottle of Joy perfume once. I knew it was expensive, so I stored it away to use on special occasions. The special occasions never materialised and when I checked on the bottle of scent it had all evaporated. The bottom line: don't keep bottles of perfume hanging around for too long.

Someone bought me a bottle of Joy perfume once. I knew it was expensive, so I stored it away to use on special occasions. The special occasions never materialised and when I checked on the bottle of scent it had all evaporated. The bottom line: don't keep bottles of perfume hanging around for too long.
What a shame!
I no longer save anything for special occasions, except Xmas decos which are stupid in high summer.

I smelled Joy on someone and loved it so I ordered a bottle and on me it smelled horrible, like wet soil. I was gutted but it was my own fault for ordering it blind but nowhere near to where I live actually stocked it. An expensive mistake but I did give it to a colleague who loved it so my loss was her gain. Lesson learned because now I either have to get my hands on a tester or a sample before I buy.
I did buy another Jean Patou perfume (after testing it) called Sublime and yes to me it does smell sublime, I love it.

Could never stand Joy, it was marketed as the world's most expensive perfume at one time.

I do own Sublime, I call it sunshine in a bottle.

Yes, perfume will evaporate over time, some quicker than others.

This is the thing there are sites which have lists of which king,queen, Hollywood star wore. But each one will have a different perfume for each. I read it is Guerlain L'Heure Bleue which the Queen Mother wore.

The Queen was supposed to wear Penhaligion's Bluebell. But who knows?

Erika her ninja has broken after three years,a piece has broken off the lid(she has repaired it with superglue),but what was interesting she stated she would have to start saving for a new one.
Do these people live so close to the edge by compulsive buying,so therefore have no spare money when they need to replace something quickly.
Perhaps delboy could bung her one of her freebies as an act of kindness 🤔

Erika her ninja has broken after three years,a piece has broken off the lid(she has repaired it with superglue),but what was interesting she stated she would have to start saving for a new one.
Do these people live so close to the edge by compulsive buying,so therefore have no spare money when they need to replace something quickly.
Perhaps delboy could bung her one of her freebies as an act of kindness 🤔
I saw that and was literally boggled about how she casually asked what the next ninja tsv was gonna be so she could get a new one! I'm sure most people would be on to the company to get a replacement under guarantee and not just saying "oh well" I'll buy another one! She only did the demo on that last year, so from this, we can learn that she must've had it a couple of years, so her spending is a lot more spread out than we thought. I'm guessing she has Q on all the time and says...oooh I've got one of those, I'll do a review, unlike a certain person who we know is buying on a daily basis!

"Polyester Pam"(New name for humping dog woman) is back with a plethora of Kim & Co must haves! I don't know how that woman hasn't melted! I know taste is a personal thing and those garish patterns and psychedelic colours are one thing, but there's no excuse for all that polyester!

"Polyester Pam"(New name for humping dog woman) is back with a plethora of Kim & Co must haves! I don't know how that woman hasn't melted! I know taste is a personal thing and those garish patterns and psychedelic colours are one thing, but there's no excuse for all that polyester!
The pink trousers and animal print top combination does not create a good look. For any Coronation Street viewers I could picture Beth wearing that outfit.

Latest posts

Back