Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Qurios are having a long discussion about Q's postal charges. Jo Jo decided she was not up for paying £5.95 for a Lola Rose clearance item to be delivered in a small envelope - totally understandable! In the same breath she said she was hoping that Nikki & me would come to QVC, this is the part I really don't get, as they'd still be ripping people off for p&p - Surely a quick google would reveal a website and a list of stockists. The only reason I can think of is that QVC does show how items look on a live model and then you can pick and choose from where to purchase.
This is the biggest rant I've seen on Qurio regarding postage and the "Qurio host" hasn't stepped into defend their pricing, I guess you can't defend the undefendable. While we're at it Katy P hasn't shown her face on there for a long while has she? There's been a lot of talk about people having to tighten their belts, and whilst a lot of other companies are tripping over themselves to attract new customers and keep old ones happy, Q seem to be doing the exact opposite. If they think that sending out a few £5 vouchers riddled with t's & c's is in any way enticing, then they've got a lot to learn!
Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to see them go under, but unless they have an almighty shake up it's what they deserve, sadly it's the lower level workers that will suffer the most, as the fat cats, like all cats will undoubtedly fall on their feet.
For a moment there I thought you meant Katie Price.
I had alarming visions of Dale lining up implants in order of size…..small, medium, large and ridiculously stupidly large.
Exempt from the 60 day MBG once your surgeon of choice has inserted.

Just been on Quorio for a nosey. Dear god, the Spanish (? Not sure?) lady has just spent £90 PLUS postage for some random chocolates, cheese that is cheaper if you go direct and gingerbread!!! Has she not heard of Aldi??? Or even Marks and Spencer. I have done a full weekly shop for half this amount, including a decent Malbec😁. Words fail me sometimes!
I used to buy Thorntons chocs when Qvc did them, they were a bargain at Christmas time, and I did buy a tin of the German gingerbread once as a great but that's it! If I want posh chocs now it's Green and Blacks or m and s, cheese is Aldi!! And as for the price of the pies😮 what the actual!!!! Plus those tiny little cakes....... I could go on and on..

It's a good job the APP wasn't available when the Beatles crossed Abbey Road.

BTW my son was flown to the studios with all expenses paid from Sweden because of his music channel on Facebook, over 50,000 followers.

CARTOON Abbey Road 2601735.jpg

Just been on Quorio for a nosey. Dear god, the Spanish (? Not sure?) lady has just spent £90 PLUS postage for some random chocolates, cheese that is cheaper if you go direct and gingerbread!!! Has she not heard of Aldi??? Or even Marks and Spencer. I have done a full weekly shop for half this amount, including a decent Malbec😁. Words fail me sometimes!
I used to buy Thorntons chocs when Qvc did them, they were a bargain at Christmas time, and I did buy a tin of the German gingerbread once as a great but that's it! If I want posh chocs now it's Green and Blacks or m and s, cheese is Aldi!! And as for the price of the pies😮 what the actual!!!! Plus those tiny little cakes....... I could go on and on..
That will be Erika, money no object obviously.Even if that were the case, which I imagine it is not, you would not throw it away on items you can get at a fraction of the cost elsewhere.Even housebound people can do this if they use the internet. This lady and her frequently featured Mother-in-Law must spend a fortune at QVC and that is just the P&P costs.This is creating their own ‘cost of living’ crisis, unbelievable.

That will be Erika, money no object obviously.Even if that were the case, which I imagine it is not, you would not throw it away on items you can get at a fraction of the cost elsewhere.Even housebound people can do this if they use the internet. This lady and her frequently featured Mother-in-Law must spend a fortune at QVC and that is just the P&P costs.This is creating their own ‘cost of living’ crisis, unbelievable.
I listened to the video and she said she's done a load of overtime to be able to pay for her latest haul. Far be it for me to tell people what to do with their money, but for heavens sake, I'm sure a mum of a young family could better spend her money on something that'll thrill the kids and create lasting memories. Sweet treats and cheeses are lovely for Christmas, of course they are, but you can buy all this stuff from Lidl and Aldi, same quality, but an absolute fraction of the cost so no need to do the overtime! I bought an extortionately priced tin of gingerbread from Q a few years ago, and yes it was delicious, but it turned out that the Waitrose own brand gingerbread (and I get discount) was exactly the same product and I'd have saved myself £££s. If I remember rightly I'd have got more gingerbread by buying a few boxes of Waitrose own, saved money, yes, they were in cardboard boxes, but I worked out that the fancy tin (that I found no use for) ended up costing £13 = Lesson learned!
As we've said time and time again, this is pure addiction to QVC, which QVC are more than aware of but continue to encourage. Yes, I know they need to make sales, but encouraging unhealthy shopping addiction is pretty damned unacceptable, especially as they letting their customers do their dirty work. Cardboard Richard is already quoting "Hyacinth" in his reviews and has bought things on her recommendation, though to be fair, his spending doesn't seem too crazy (yet)!

I missed the overtime bit but I only hear a fraction of Erika’s posts she speaks so quickly rather than English not being her first language.The bottom line is cheaper, possibly better or at least as good for a fraction of the price.Hard earned money? You want the best value.

I missed the overtime bit but I only hear a fraction of Erika’s posts she speaks so quickly rather than English not being her first language.The bottom line is cheaper, possibly better or at least as good for a fraction of the price.Hard earned money? You want the best value.
Sorry, she'd written that in the comments bit. Her latest video is of a pair of palazzo trousers for £4.95 & £1.95 postage, so in all not a bad deal. I'd have like to have seen her "style them up" with a t shirt instead of bunging them on with a cozee home pyjama top. Having said that I'm sure she'll look great in summer, but she's in for a long wait! I love a palazzo myself and might've been tempted myself but from what she said she bought the small and she's an inch taller than me, so I'd be tripping over them, possibly as I'm a bit slimmer than she is I'd get away with the XS but they would probably still be too long, that and the fact that my next foreign holiday is not until May and I'm not into stocking up on stuff for the sake of it. Anyway, she got herself a bargain. Bless her though, I think her money might be better spent on a trip to DFS!

Cost of living crisis not on Qurio,cardboard Richard is the heads up merchant this week(which is something that to me is totally out of order)keep encouraging people to spend money cardboard Richard,seriously are you a man or a mouse 🐭 eek!
Has Pullinger finally given up,on her tips and silly competitions🤣

Cost of living crisis not on Qurio,cardboard Richard is the heads up merchant this week(which is something that to me is totally out of order)keep encouraging people to spend money cardboard Richard,seriously are you a man or a mouse 🐭 eek!
Has Pullinger finally given up,on her tips and silly competitions🤣
Good point, and I totally agree. If people want to spend hours trawling the website looking for "bargains" or sitting goggle eyed in front of the telly all day that's up to them, anyone with a spending habit doesn't need that extra voice telling them "quick, buy now or you'll miss out". Qurio, that seems to be running itself at the moment needs to stipulate that reviews have to be for something you've actually bought for yourself and have received. I guess that's not gonna stop anyone listing item numbers in the comments section, but it would be a step in the right direction.
I cannot see what the hell these people are addicted to quite frankly, it can't be speedy delivery, it can't be low prices, it can't be reasonable rates for p&p, it can't be free returns, all I can think of is that being able to return used goods is high on their list of priorities - that, or they're completely brainwashed!
Nicola's disappointed again, non-stick pan which has proved to be anything but, so that's being returned, Erika's bought a few empty bottles to put flavoured oils in, Cardboard wants to know what everybody else has bought from QVC this Black Friday, why he wants to know beats me, and Hyacinth, where are you? It's been 48 hours - Is it the postal strike, my lovely? I feel your pain!

Bit bored tonight so had a little browse on Quorio. Hyacinth has got the much coveted cup and saucer planter everyone - BUT she bought it from EBay!!!! Casually said it was " a bit cheaper than QVC ". You're not kidding love, it was £5 cheaper, with NO postage and packing! So she has saved £11, which to my reckoning is just over 25%. That to me, is a fair amount, I went to Tesco today to buy some Christmas wine 🍷 and got 25% off. I was made up, it's alot of saving in my estimation.
Note to Hyacinth, look on eBay/ other sites before you commit to QVC. I somehow doubt it though.

Forgot to say, she still bought the planter, despite the really poor reviews - in as much as the decorative transfer leeks off in damp or set weather!!! Words fail me. I wouldn't even consider paying £41 (QVC price) or end £30 (eBay price) for what is clearly a sub -standard item.

Forgot to say, she still bought the planter, despite the really poor reviews - in as much as the decorative transfer leeks off in damp or set weather!!! Words fail me. I wouldn't even consider paying £41 (QVC price) or end £30 (eBay price) for what is clearly a sub -standard item.
I think she said that she was going to place it in a porch, so it wouldn't be affected by the weather, even so, I'd still consider £30 too much to pay for one of these things. I bought one, ok it was a few years ago for my Tea loving friend, who also loves plants and gardening and paid absolutely nowhere near those prices for it, she's still got it in her garden and last time I noticed it, it didn't look weather worn. A quick google shows that you can get them in B&M for under a tenner, though the designs weren't so intricate. Anyway, I hope that this little foray into Ebay will show her that Q isn't the B all and end all!

I'm no expert but I believe some of the compulsive shoppers may be re-assured by the higher prices on QCC, it proves to them the item must be of higher quality and possibly exclusive. Maybe they think items on Ebay etc are not as good. Just my personal opinion and I'm probably wrong. I know I try to save money when I can.

With the amount of money Hyacinth spends she or her partner/ family, or both must have worked very hard or had a lottery win.Too much to throw away on well overpriced trinkets on QVC or anywhere else.There are many better ways to channel your money and give you greater pleasure.

Latest posts

Back