Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just watched the video. Words fail me!
Firstly, the hideous Christmas table. The woman is seriously keeping that pile of s*****e?? £75 plus postage! Said the base is perfect, err, no, not from where I'm standing, it's dreadful lady, dreadful.
Then that pathetic ball of twigs on a stick. £30 plus postage! For the love of god, send this rubbish back.
Some people have more money than sense, they really do.
PS how will she cope without QVC on her cruise I wonder?
Er, they had QVC on the telly on my cruise (in the cabins). It was all in Italian though but you could pay by Visa. No need to miss out :LOL: :LOL:

CC

I know as you get older that material possessions mean very little. I was left reasonably comfortably off after my wife died last year. 20 years ago, when my first marriage ended, I was one step away from being homeless. I have seen both sides financially. I bought a brand new car a few months after my wife died. To ‘cheer me up’ you could say. But once I got it, all gleaming and fresh outside the house, the overwhelming feeling was one of flatness. In the end, a few months later, I decided I just didn’t want the car, saw the car I had traded in was still unsold, took the car back and bought my old one back - the one my wife had sat in and we had a few laughs together while out driving. What I am saying is, it is about experiences and NOT about buying stuff. Stuff doesn’t make you happy. Good experiences do. Holidays, seeing places, doing happy things in general. Particularly in this key decade from 60 to 70. Do things while you can. My wife went at 57 and got just about a year and a half of her NHS pension. You just never know.

I know as you get older that material possessions mean very little. I was left reasonably comfortably off after my wife died last year. 20 years ago, when my first marriage ended, I was one step away from being homeless. I have seen both sides financially. I bought a brand new car a few months after my wife died. To ‘cheer me up’ you could say. But once I got it, all gleaming and fresh outside the house, the overwhelming feeling was one of flatness. In the end, a few months later, I decided I just didn’t want the car, saw the car I had traded in was still unsold, took the car back and bought my old one back - the one my wife had sat in and we had a few laughs together while out driving. What I am saying is, it is about experiences and NOT about buying stuff. Stuff doesn’t make you happy. Good experiences do. Holidays, seeing places, doing happy things in general. Particularly in this key decade from 60 to 70. Do things while you can. My wife went at 57 and got just about a year and a half of her NHS pension. You just never know.
😢

Yes, it was an MSC cruise. Bit of a competition to see who could be the rudest passengers - the Italians or the Chinese.

CC
We went on P& O Britannia in October. We have been on many P& O cruises but this ship had the most inconsiderate, rude passengers we've ever come across. Not holding doors for wheelchair users ,refusing to use hand gel in the Buffet restaurant,not thanking anyone who held a door open for them.

That's very sad about your wife, I'm sorry for your loss. I've got a chronic health condition which will possibly (but not definitely) shorten my life by a few years. I've got a Met Police civilian pension I get at 60, but can claim now (I'm 55). I'm thinking about drawing it a couple of years early as I want money for holidays while I'm relatively well. You are definitely right that material possessions end up not meaning much.

The shopaholics on Qurio are asking what has happened to the Pullinger woman,not been on the app for a while,is she leaving a sinking ship?
No you cry she was sitting by Mr Cheese on the morning show (this morning)she is far to busy to give time to the cult of shopping,what about the competitions and tips,seems that particular nonsense has run its course.
Have a feeling some of the regular contributors feel that the tatty app will be abandoned soon😂
Setting up there own group on WhatsApp,to talk about shopping addiction and easy pays.

The shopaholics on Qurio are asking what has happened to the Pullinger woman,not been on the app for a while,is she leaving a sinking ship?
No you cry she was sitting by Mr Cheese on the morning show (this morning)she is far to busy to give time to the cult of shopping,what about the competitions and tips,seems that particular nonsense has run its course.
Have a feeling some of the regular contributors feel that the tatty app will be abandoned soon😂
Setting up there own group on WhatsApp,to talk about shopping addiction and easy pays.
Lol! I noticed that too, and thought maybe they'd slag us off and call us names - but to be fair, I don't think that's their style and it would be too far removed from their favourite topic of conversation - spending money with QVC. I don't know how much it's costing Q to keep Qurio up and running, but I have noticed that they don't even bother to promote it on the VT's any more, I've not heard any of the presenters mention it for ages, and as we know KP's jumped ship and the competitions are a thing of the past.....They never seemed to recover from the Mother's day fiasco back in March. Unless Hyacinth keeps up the good work whilst she's on her cruise, it's gonna be proper slim pickings. Nicola's all but gone, even Erika isn't buying as much as she used to, Miss Ladysmith (brilliant reviewer btw) will have to take top spot, that's if her epidermis doesn't fall off between now and then! I can see the app petering out eventually!

Lol! I noticed that too, and thought maybe they'd slag us off and call us names - but to be fair, I don't think that's their style and it would be too far removed from their favourite topic of conversation - spending money with QVC. I don't know how much it's costing Q to keep Qurio up and running, but I have noticed that they don't even bother to promote it on the VT's any more, I've not heard any of the presenters mention it for ages, and as we know KP's jumped ship and the competitions are a thing of the past.....They never seemed to recover from the Mother's day fiasco back in March. Unless Hyacinth keeps up the good work whilst she's on her cruise, it's gonna be proper slim pickings. Nicola's all but gone, even Erika isn't buying as much as she used to, Miss Ladysmith (brilliant reviewer btw) will have to take top spot, that's if her epidermis doesn't fall off between now and then! I can see the app petering out eventually!
Excellent merryone!!😂

Would hate to see the demise of Qurio although I rarely if ever have the stamina to get through a ‘review‘in its entirety. Think of the moments of almost hysteria although nothing has topped ‘humping dog’ for me.Nicola has seen the light, but Erica plus MiL, really? Miss Ladysmith is a leading star but can someone please take her to the hairdresser?

QVC US have for years had a forum on their site, beauty, jewellery right down to conversation and tv and films on their site. I was always surprised QVC UK never just went that direction. They have a moan about service etc as well on the US, plus they do the Facebook one as well. It covers everything customers want to comment about what they bought and upcoming shows and TSVs.

But QVCUK try to be hype and trendy with an app.

Christmas tat alert! Set of 2 Xmas cookie jars £30, they’re too small to hold a packet of custard creams between the two of them because the lids are twice the size of the base. They’re keepers of course, why? Because they look cute ( oh no they don’t!) they’re packaged nicely, and they’re seasonal so they can be packed away after Christmas. If you must have a biscuit barrel/ cookie jar fgs get one that’s fit for purpose ie it holds more than 6 biscuits, doesn’t have to go into hibernation for 10 months of the year ‘cause it looks like a chuffing snowman/reindeer! I sincerely hope that that woman’s (you know who) attic has good steel joists underneath the boards otherwise she might find “Christmas “ making an early and unwelcome arrival in the middle of January! I certainly wouldn’t fancy that ceramic table monstrosity landing on me noggin!

Every square inch of that property must be covered with this sort of endless trinkets.Some people are like that anything cutie/ novelty they have got to have, they are not for me, but If they were £30 is just stupid I could never justify throwing money away on something so pointless.Presume ‘ the postman’ will be on strike but there will no doubt be an endless stream of different carriers arriving.

I feel so sorry for her poor postman! I really do. It's never ****** ending, and let's face it, Imo, most of it is tat. Those four inch "cookie jars". I mean, come on, they don't even have a seall to keep anything fresh. What use are they to anyone? £30!!! Step away from the iPad lady. Step away.

If you had this amount of disposable income would you even spend it on such items which to anyone are priced way OTT?To some they are tacky trash others they are must have lovable pieces.We all have different taste but how ever much money we have to spend some things are just too much.It depends where your value for money ceiling is.Even a multi billionaire probably has those?I am looking to find out, in the name of research!

If you had this amount of disposable income would you even spend it on such items which to anyone are priced way OTT?To some they are tacky trash others they are must have lovable pieces.We all have different taste but how ever much money we have to spend some things are just too much.It depends where your value for money ceiling is.Even a multi billionaire probably has those?I am looking to find out, in the name of research!
I don't even know it's about the money. They obviously "budget" for all this stuff, but I wonder when the tipping point is going to come, or whether it will. Hoarder's houses from what I've seen are occupied by one person, who's lonely an has other mental health issues. If you simply love a lot of busy ornaments, will you actually reach a stage when you look around yourself and say, it's not looking pleasing anymore? Will it be when the cupboards are literally full, or it's causing arguments with the person/s you live with? In the case of some of the Qurios it's pure addiction to QVC that's driving this bonkers spending - I think should Q ever pull out of the UK market, I'm pretty sure their customer would shift to IW or TJC before long, they don't get the "buzz" out of shopping on the high street. There's always the online catalogues and Amazon which will go part of the way to feeding the addiction, but without the interaction (even before Qurio arrived) with the presenters that they see as friends, the demonstrations, the anecdotes, you could order a thousand things from Amazon but who's interested? Nobody!

Yes I can see this, there is a affiliation to QVC, if it from them it must be good and things from other sources which are the same/better/cheaper are dismissed. It is from Q so although it is poor quality I will not bother to return.Qurio just builds on this affinity, hence the posts from the same people.Would Hyacinth have bought these if they had been in a local novelty shop where she had seen the size &forked out £30 in notes?

Latest posts

Back