Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see a few messages on Qurio are mentioning the cost of p&p on QVC, maybe even some of the faithful are seeing the light?
Off subject! Thinking of lights, there are plenty of photos going the rounds today of the Aurora seen here last night as we are ‘up North’.To think I have been wanting to go to the North of Norway to see this spectacle for years, and here they are in the skies above me & I am in bed asleep.
May be again tonight

I see a few messages on Qurio are mentioning the cost of p&p on QVC, maybe even some of the faithful are seeing the light?
Off subject! Thinking of lights, there are plenty of photos going the rounds today of the Aurora seen here last night as we are ‘up North’.To think I have been wanting to go to the North of Norway to see this spectacle for years, and here they are in the skies above me & I am in bed asleep.
Seeing the light is one thing - acting upon it is another!

I’m off on a cruise to Iceland in a couple of weeks and hoping the Aurora will still be around, before the nights get too short. Fingers crossed.

Just a quick check in - Is it finally dying on its feet? Only around 6 reviews in the past month or so. Surprised that Hyacinth hasn't checked in, hopefully she's having such a great time that Q is not even on her radar. I wonder if when she comes back it'll still be there. The comments are as critical of Q as they are full of praise. FGS, it needs to be put out of its misery lol!

Just a quick check in - Is it finally dying on its feet? Only around 6 reviews in the past month or so. Surprised that Hyacinth hasn't checked in, hopefully she's having such a great time that Q is not even on her radar. I wonder if when she comes back it'll still be there. The comments are as critical of Q as they are full of praise. FGS, it needs to be put out of its misery lol!
I've no idea how popular it is Merryone, as although I did sign up to view it, I was only able to do so for a week or two, before I was locked out. Your posts about it though always make me laugh, and fill me in as to what is happening. I can't say though I want to watch it myself anymore, but I do look forward to seeing your comments about what is going on, or rather not going on.

I've no idea how popular it is Merryone, as although I did sign up to view it, I was only able to do so for a week or two, before I was locked out. Your posts about it though always make me laugh, and fill me in as to what is happening. I can't say though I want to watch it myself anymore, but I do look forward to seeing your comments about what is going on, or rather not going on.
It was extremely popular a couple of years ago and has had its peaks and troughs, peaking big time when the chance of winning something was thrown into the mix. The cost of living crisis has definitely taken its toll, that and the fact that their biggest spendthrift is on sabbaticals. There's still a couple clinging onto the driftwood but I don't think that even their best efforts will be enough to sustain it. I very much doubt the powers that be at QVC towers even realise it's still there!
200.gif

The tumbleweed continues to gather momentum, as there's not been a new review posted for well over two weeks now, wtf's happening? Even the comments are few and far between. I'm wondering whether from the 25th (most people's payday) a few more will start trickling in? Maybe people are actually feeling the pinch/prioritising other things/ discovering there are much better places to shop - Heaven forbid! This time last year it was literally "heaving" mind you, there was a funny little gadget to help you get rid of your epidermis up for grabs!
I reckon they oughta reintroduce these prizes, and offer up all the $hit they can't get rid of, I'm sure people will jump at the chance of trying to win a demonic looking santa on a plastic motorbike and spend loads of money trying to do so!

The tumbleweed continues to gather momentum, as there's not been a new review posted for well over two weeks now, wtf's happening? Even the comments are few and far between. I'm wondering whether from the 25th (most people's payday) a few more will start trickling in? Maybe people are actually feeling the pinch/prioritising other things/ discovering there are much better places to shop - Heaven forbid! This time last year it was literally "heaving" mind you, there was a funny little gadget to help you get rid of your epidermis up for grabs!
I reckon they oughta reintroduce these prizes, and offer up all the $hit they can't get rid of, I'm sure people will jump at the chance of trying to win a demonic santa on a plastic motorbike and spend loads of money trying to do so!
I got one of those in Home Bargains for £1.50. Bryan killed it 🎅⚰️

CC

Has it gone?
I certainly hope so,heads up everyone 📣
Perhaps they're holding out until Hyacinth gets back (which must be sometime this month). I'll be interested to see whether she dives straight back in where she left off, or whether this holiday has made her realise that there's more to life than QVC. I have to say that I'm surprised that she hasn't "checked in" with Qurio, though I believe there's a whatsapp group.

I think it was a flawed idea and not properly communicated or led. There appear to be a handful of die-hards.
From Q's point of view I think it was supposed to mean some products going viral and perhaps being cross-posted to real social media... a cheap way of boosting sales.
Professional social media accounts would want to monetise all their Q posts to make it worth their while... and sadly a lot of it, for the actual posters, seems to be fuelling a shopping addiction for a channel which doesn't offer such good value, and doesn't really have great customer service. In my opinion.

I think it was a flawed idea and not properly communicated or led. There appear to be a handful of die-hards.
From Q's point of view I think it was supposed to mean some products going viral and perhaps being cross-posted to real social media... a cheap way of boosting sales.
Professional social media accounts would want to monetise all their Q posts to make it worth their while... and sadly a lot of it, for the actual posters, seems to be fuelling a shopping addiction for a channel which doesn't offer such good value, and doesn't really have great customer service. In my opinion.
It was never gonna work "virally" because despite Q being a global company, in the grand scheme of things, they're still niche. If they want to get themselves out there then they need to advertise outside their own four walls so to speak, yes they've got a social media presence but that's only gonna be found by people who are specifically looking for it - They would have to go out into the field if they want to attract more/different custom and offer proper incentives for first time buyers. Qurio would've hit a wider audience had they made it part of their Facebook account, but of course this is open to negativity. There's been a handful of negative posts on Qurio but they've all been shot down in flames by the die-hards.
....and you're quite right, all this platform has served to do is to put their members shopping addictions into overdrive!

Years ago when going through the airport my hand baggage was searched by a Security person, who said ‘what’s your name, Boots’? That was in the days when I HAD to HAVE every colour of eye shadow, lipstick backed up by a selection of lotions and potions in case my skin decided to become more dry, oily, spotty etc. etc. and needed a selection the size of ‘Boots the chemist’.What would someone say if they walked into the homes of some of the Qurio reviewers?They must resemble QVCs warehouse never mind skins that have an identity crisis on an hourly basis or do they just review to keep their ‘star profile’ ( any sign of that presenting contract yet?!! )—and return the order?

.....and then there were two! Shirley Valentine (she hates me anyway) has been holding the fort on her own for a few weeks, but Erika's come back to show her support. Hyacinth has still to report in for duty, and cardboard Richard - I hope he's not buried under a mountain of cardboard!

Latest posts

Back