Qvc beauty channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

China Girl

Registered Shopper
Just had a look on the beauty channel, it is clips from Gatineau shows. Amica was the model for the cleanser and toner.
I know she was their model for a long time, but it was a bit of a shock to see her on and looking as we all remember her. Very poignant to see her and knowing the reality, what a lovely lady she was, this has made me feel quite sad.

Presumably her family have given the ok for Q to keep showing Amica's old shows, which I think is nice. What happened is obviously very sad, but too often when someone dies they just disappear and it's almost as if they were never here. In Amica's case her work and her beauty can live on, which is like a small everyday celebration of the fact that she was here, and a confirmation that she left something lasting behind. It also gives those who knew her personally the chance for the real Amica to start to replace the sick Amica in their memories. Here's hoping that this will help them be to able to smile when they think of her instead of just feeling the terrible pain of the loss.

Presumably her family have given the ok for Q to keep showing Amica's old shows, which I think is nice. What happened is obviously very sad, but too often when someone dies they just disappear and it's almost as if they were never here. In Amica's case her work and her beauty can live on, which is like a small everyday celebration of the fact that she was here, and a confirmation that she left something lasting behind. It also gives those who knew her personally the chance for the real Amica to start to replace the sick Amica in their memories. Here's hoping that this will help them be to able to smile when they think of her instead of just feeling the terrible pain of the loss.

What a lovely post. :smile:

Let us hope it is not a Q error and they did seek permission.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if they'd need permission, although it would obviously be the decent thing to seek it in these circumstances. If Q own the rights to all their broadcasts they wouldn't need anybody's permission to keep showing them.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure if they'd need permission, although it would obviously be the decent thing to seek it in these circumstances. If Q own the rights to all their broadcasts they wouldn't need anybody's permission to keep showing them.

Indeed. Look at "normal" tv, there are repeats of shows all the time containing people who died years ago. They don't need permission to show them.

Latest posts

Back