QVC & Christmas Shopping

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
I would love to know who’s buying these TSV’s especially the recent beauty ones being sold as Christmas gifts. Who the heck knows what they are buying folk now? Have people been asked and have said what they would like for Christmas? All that about dividing up the Opi Kitty TSV for secret Santa gifts. So who the heck knows who they have got in the secret Santa yet? Is it just me thinking stuff is bought and then ends up being kept by the buyer? I honestly don’t see all these folk saying to Q shoppers get me the Molton Brown, Liz Earle, Opi or Elemis etc TSV when it’s on Q for me for Christmas.

I know, also what made me 'smirk' (I am sad, I lead a sad life), was yesterday when CB was presenting the TSV (Christmas Tree) and then mentioning (obviously from the 'voices in his head), about the extended money back guarantee if it is bought as a Christmas Present. I mean really, who would buy a Christmas Tree as a present and present it on Christmas Day. Also on now (9:27) is a Brevelle iron, guess they are catering for the 'man to woman' (thoughtful present) brigade.
Two things though are Morphy Richards owned by Breville as it was the same person (unless she is an identical twin) and two how do Q really know that it is a gift?!
All answers would be most welcome (certainly with regards to the second)!

All this about splitting up these TSV sets to give to different people x to your mum, x to your sister, x to your aunt etc. Oh and you could keep this as a little gift to yourself, after all it’s not cost you anything!!!
Can you imagine all sat round on Christmas Day, opening presenters everyone opens the split up set.
Saying oh you got me X brand thanks then each of the others open their gifts and there’s the full set - something you kept for yourself.

:blush:

I really can't be doing with seeing Christmas trees on tv in the first week of October.
Almost 3 months of this ahead, I'm giving Q a miss for the duration.

Fibby's on a Culinary Concepts hour, she's pushing the small Octopus Bowl as an ideal gift & described £4.95 as "a small bit of p&p". The woman's delusional.

And just WHO buys someone an iron for Christmas?? Mr CC, you have been warned :mysmilie_10:

CC

I’ve mentioned before, yes indelibly stuck in my head, my EX bought me a tape dispenser. Any other time in the year, except birthday, I would have been pleased. I wanted jewellery :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_10::mysmilie_43:

I’ve mentioned before, yes indelibly stuck in my head, my EX bought me a tape dispenser. Any other time in the year, except birthday, I would have been pleased. I wanted jewellery :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_10::mysmilie_43:

:mysmilie_19: Oh nooooo!

An uncle bought my aunt an ironing board once as her Xmas gift. She was not pleased with all and it was the straw that broke the camel's back. So from then on what she did was go shopping buy herself new clothes or shoes(by the way she was a housewife and he had a high paying job), simply hang them in the wardrobe or the back of if shoes and wait. Then a few weeks later just start wearing, he would ask if that was new? No, it's been hanging in the wardrobe!:bow:

An uncle bought my aunt an ironing board once as her Xmas gift. She was not pleased with all and it was the straw that broke the camel's back. So from then on what she did was go shopping buy herself new clothes or shoes(by the way she was a housewife and he had a high paying job), simply hang them in the wardrobe or the back of if shoes and wait. Then a few weeks later just start wearing, he would ask if that was new? No, it's been hanging in the wardrobe!:bow:

I'd have fed him the ironing board sideways!

https://www.qvcuk.com/Culinary-Concepts-Twisted-Antler-Hurricane-Lantern.product.710612.html?sc=SRCH

I just bought this - the large one. It seems to be the same price as the tiny one so I snapped it up. Mistake on the listing?

CC

Thanks CC, I’ve just ordered it as well. I watched a presentation on this item a few weeks ago and it was nearly £70.00 for the larger one, so there’s definitely a glitch in Q’s system somewhere.

I’m so happy for you. I remember people on here (probably you) saying they’d rather like one of these a while back so really pleased you got that price (back to £69 now). Typical that you find a great deal on QVC and it’s inadvertent!

I’m so happy for you. I remember people on here (probably you) saying they’d rather like one of these a while back so really pleased you got that price (back to £69 now). Typical that you find a great deal on QVC and it’s inadvertent!

Hey, you're right, I just looked at it again as I was going to get one as a wedding present for a friend but it's back up to £69. I definitely bought the large as I checked 3 times so it better be the large one that gets delivered to me. Maybe someone at Q does read these posts after all!!

CC

Hey, you're right, I just looked at it again as I was going to get one as a wedding present for a friend but it's back up to £69. I definitely bought the large as I checked 3 times so it better be the large one that gets delivered to me. Maybe someone at Q does read these posts after all!!

CC

I think it’s more someone will have rang them to question it as opposed to QVC reading comments and actually giving a toss. I hope you get the large one, if the size isn’t related to price you should do, fingers crossed for you. :mysmilie_3:

I think it’s more someone will have rang them to question it as opposed to QVC reading comments and actually giving a toss. I hope you get the large one, if the size isn’t related to price you should do, fingers crossed for you. :mysmilie_3:

Same here. Let us know, CC and Mr M. It seems to me from what you’ve said that you’ve both given QVC good custom over the years, so it would be mighty shortsighted of them to whinge and say they want more money after the order has gone through. Their mistake, they can suck it up!

I’ve not had my summer holiday yet. Off to Florida in 3 weeks time and will start my Christmas shopping there. Poor exchange rate not withstanding, I’m sure I will pick up more bargains out there than from QVC.

I’ve not had my summer holiday yet. Off to Florida in 3 weeks time and will start my Christmas shopping there. Poor exchange rate not withstanding, I’m sure I will pick up more bargains out there than from QVC.

I DON'T KNOW THE RULES, BUT I THINK YOU MAY HAVE TO (SORRY CAPS LOCK) pay import duty on things you bring back - - - worth checking before you spend £££hundreds

Latest posts

Back