QVC in general.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
I wonder if anyone else feels as I do. We all know that using QVC can , ndeed be very handy. I personally for the most part like using it because let’s face it we get the deliveries sometimes quicker than 3 to 5 days, and no quibble to return. I do find it very convenient mainly because of where I live which is rural.

All of that said, I haven’t bought anything other than Harry’s jar candles and plants for a very long time.

I turn on every day at some point, and look at the TSVs and their TV guide, then turn over because frankly I am very fed up with the same old, same old, very boring shows and presentations, yes seen it all before.

Take Kelly Hoppen as an example, apart from odds and ends, rugs etc the bedding is almost always the TSV, she does far more than bedding, but I am so bored with it all.

I cannot stand At Home with Alison Cork’s cheap (over priced) junk, so I no longer watch.

I find now I am watching QVC less and less—————anyone else feel like me?

I don't think I've watched a full hour of Q for at least three years to be honest, and in the past I usually had in on in the background when I was pottering about as a bit of background noise but I don't even bother to do that now.
I know it's cheap and cheerful compared to Q, but I'd much rather watch TJC these days even though I very rarely buy from them either.

I would say that many people feel as you do. The lack of variety in products and their dwelling ad nauseum on a certain few brands make you wonder if QVC UK are about to go bust. QVC France shut down a few years ago due to lack of interest. Could it be that QVC are having difficulty replenishing their warehouse ? Not in the case of Marla W, however. She keeps churning out new styles every week, it seems, and if we are to believe what the presenters say, most of them sell out very quickly. QVC must know how people who were regular shoppers feel, but nothing changes.

I used to buy a huge amount from QVC. Clothes, Christmas things, jewellery, kitchen things, tons of beauty products, especially Decleor. Now I sometimes buy things in the sale for a few pounds and I've bought plants but nothing like the money I used to spend.

I'm sick of seeing Dyson hairdryers, fans etc and the same old things presented over and over again like Marla Wynne clothes.

I watch a few of the fashion and gardening shows but that's about my limit of "full hour viewing" just now.

CC

I used to buy a lot from QVC when I first got Freeview, but I no longer do. I occasionally have a show on in the background and, if I see something that I like, I check online to see if it’s available elsewhere. It usually is and is often cheaper with free P&P and next day delivery.

Most of the presenters grate on me now and the continual repetition of certain brands bores me rigid. I’m not interested in being shown how to slap on a cream because I know how to do that and, having tried most of the premium beauty brands in the past, found that they were no better than cheaper brands from the High Street. Dyson, Wynne Layers and quite a few other brands are on ad nauseum and that’s a sure fire way to ensure that I switch channels.

QVC are an archaic company with their P&P, the weeks you wait for a refund and the ridiculous palaver you go through if something doesn’t arrive. It’s about time that they upped their game in line with the majority of other companies. The words Quality, Value and Convenience are no longer relevant.

I never watch live these days, and just watch anything gadgety on the PC on catchup.

It has introduced me to so many gadgety things, many of which I can't resist, but only buy from Q if I can't get them cheaper elsewhere.

One of the first items I bought from Q about 20 years ago was a set of 8 solar lights, which are now on their last legs, and only 2 still work at all; I'd never heard of solar lights before.

And guess what? The last item I've received is a set of 8 solar lights !!!!!

I rarely have the tv on, but when I do I will scroll across to see what's on Q. I may watch a few seconds, but either the products, presenter or guest will have me switching channels.
I last made a purchase last summer. Nothing has tempted me since.
I do look on the website for brands I like, and here obviously for any bargains or new things. I'm here mainly for this lovely community of ours, to be honest.

I never watch these days, or might flick on for a brief minute but that is all.If I buy it is usually skincare & then has to be competitively priced including P&P but don’t need to watch any presentations.I have been bored for ages as it is so repetitive, gone are the days when something was sold out before you got through Q cut.

I have QVC on as background noise, but rarely listen to what is been said. I never watch in the evenings , I usually watch some films that I have saved in my planner. I keep jumping (lol) between the qvc Main channel and Style, it depends who is presenting and who is the BA. I can't remember the last time I watched qvc for a full hour.

KP is very attractive but maybe she was self-conscious about her teeth, with her prominent canines... you won't know until you start down the cosmetic procedure or dental procedure route if it will become an addiction... I hope she leaves will alone, as radically changing your face can prompt or fuel mental health issues, even if it is meant to address them, ironically, or so it seems to me.

They sell a vast amount of stuff yet the televised items are incredibly repetitive. Beauty stuff is fair enough because we do have to replenish and there are some good deals but when it’s endless Dyson/Shark, Shark/Dyson etc I don’t get it at all.
I’m sure there’s a customer buying cycle. It takes a good few months before most people make their first purchase, then addiction can set in for some followed by withdrawal, so they constantly need to hook in new customers. I generally only buy the occasional tsv or anniversary special (thin on the ground these days). At least they’re good value and fresh stock.

Latest posts

Back