QVC Model Sharon Fifer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So couple years back she suddenly sent Q customer a rude message on Instagram. Person had never interested with her so asked why she was saying this to her, got another mouthful of abuse and blocked her.

Sharon's contract at Q wasn't renewed many months ago. Before July but she keeps taking to social media to mention it.
Thank you Sazza. I didn’t know anything about the Instagram incident. Her post on QVC Facebook stood out from the usual product posts. She clearly wants to make a point. Whatever happened it’s been bothering her for some months.

This goes on in all workplaces and has done for years. It’s developed from PC to cancel culture and people seem to be gripped by some sort of hysteria.
I was employed by a local authority and the groupthink is mind blowing . I didn’t dare discuss my personal views with colleagues and I’m not talking about anything extreme.Just that they didn’t fit with the left ethos. I needed my job so kept my opinions to myself.

When I hear and read about 'cancel culture' - clearly an affliction of the young who cant bear to be disagreed with and would take offence at their own reflection, then I'm eternally glad that I retired years ago, because being forthright I would have industrial strength cancel culture against me 😂 😂

Are the parents of this generation to blame though ? have they reared children to be too insensitive and not taught them that they can be wrong too, and that everyone has a right to a view whether they agreed or not; or have they just given in to their kids for a quiet life ? Interestingly those that have this angry view of the world don't have a sense of humour either.

If that is her Photo on her about me page I don't recognize her and I watched QVC from the beginning.

But QVC has been dropping models for a number of years when they reach their shelf life. It's the same in the modelling world very very few manage to survive Kate Moss is one still getting Chanel, YSL campaigns into her 40s. QVC keep a few older women for the beauty shows to show the difference the whatever makeup or skin makes them look better even though they have had work done.

//////
She was a popular model on QVC. If she was badly treated who needs them anyway? I looked at her photography and she is obviously very good at it so if it were me I'd put my efforts into expanding that career rather than strutting around a fake catwalk in Renee's hideous stretchy trousers or Marla's tents.

CC

Wonder what happened to Catherine and her Mother Jane?

I am not on Facebook but can read posts on QVC Facebook. Model Sharon Fifer has posted on the community section to say goodbye. She has a link to her instagram account which has a post suggesting that she feels something unfair happened which caused her to lose her job. She says that someone she considered to be her friend made sure she lost the job she loved.
Years ago when QVC first started there used to be Model called Jo Skinner I think she lost her job as well.

So reading Sharon's reply to a comment 'the person in question used to lived with a friend of mine. Let's just say there are issues'. Also she appealed and it was denied and she is very upset.

This goes on in all workplaces and has done for years. It’s developed from PC to cancel culture and people seem to be gripped by some sort of hysteria.
I was employed by a local authority and the groupthink is mind blowing . I didn’t dare discuss my personal views with colleagues and I’m not talking about anything extreme.Just that they didn’t fit with the left ethos. I needed my job so kept my opinions to myself.
So true,the workplace can be brutal. Sharon is lucky she has another passion that she can enjoy and be paid at the same time. Not many folk have that option.

Come to think of it, a lot of "old" faces have gone, and as Suki said, where are Catherine(sp?) and mother who used to be part of the wallpaper at QVC and whose opinions confirmation was sought on everything they modelled?

Jo Skinner got the knife out on Tanya another model. Tanya last year I believe put a post up on QVC Facebook saying she had not been contacted about any work. She did fashion and loads of beauty shows. She was disappointed at being dropped without even QVC letting her know. So a few posts of poor Tanya and then in bounced Jo. Who put the boot in. How when she was dropped without warning people she classed as friends working at QVC(yes that would include Alison Young, they went horse riding together) including Tanya never contacted her to see how she was etc. It was Karma and Tanya now knows how it feels and she deserved it.

Of course, it was all deleted pretty quickly but it was a real OH Drama!

Come to think of it, a lot of "old" faces have gone, and as Suki said, where are Catherine(sp?) and mother who used to be part of the wallpaper at QVC and whose opinions confirmation was sought on everything they modelled?
Yes, they were the darlings of Ruth Langsford, and Lola Rose. Didn’t Catherine write some sickly poem to accompany one of the bracelets? Perhaps Jane is self isolating, as she is over 70 ( my OH is 72 and hasn’t been out since March!)

Yes, they were the darlings of Ruth Langsford, and Lola Rose. Didn’t Catherine write some sickly poem to accompany one of the bracelets? Perhaps Jane is self isolating, as she is over 70 ( my OH is 72 and hasn’t been out since March!)
I saw Catherine on the other day with a bouffant platinum blond hairdo aka Diana Dors 😬

Latest posts

Back