QVC Model Sharon Fifer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi, I have to firstly say I am flattered anyone would be remotely interested in my boring life šŸ˜• Yes it was someone behind the scenes who felt upset by a post I put on FB and flagged it up to a manager at Q who was also a friend of hers. Of course I apologised and removed the post but she had taken a screen shot and decided to show it to Q. It really wasnā€™t that bad but I admit in the current times it was sensitive and not my best judgment. I had no chance to explain or have any conversation after putting Q first priority in my life for 16 years. Itā€™s been tough but overall I had an amazing 16 years there. It was just 3 people out of 2000 who work at Q who sought my termination. Yes I am upset but I canā€™t blame the whole company. So yes I will still shop there.
Amica was my best friend and I miss her everyday šŸ˜Ŗ. Joy I have known 30+ years and still see. Jo S ..well apparently Q had a staff shop at very discounted prices. Jo reportedly used to buy loads of stuff and sell it at a profit!!! So yes her contract was terminated and no models since then were able to buy discounted anything.
I absolutely never said anything abusive to any Q customer. I have screen shots of the conversation if anyone is interested šŸ˜Š
Take care everyone ... these are such difficult times. Very best wishes Sharon xxx
Hello Sharon and welcome to the forum, it would be lovely if you join in with our happy group, any and all opinions are welcome, we might not always agree with each other but we often have a good laugh, occasionally a tear is shed but we always support each other...a bit like a family :) šŸ¤—

I am so sorry & appreciate your decision to tell us about what happened. Let's be honest - you're too good for them & their polyester 'fashion' hours. I wish you every success in the future.
Yes, I'd so love to hear an insider's personal view on the terrible clothes - I think we probably all know the answer - but would love to hear what they had to say. There must be some absolutely hilarious stories. I know I've mentioned this before but I do wish I could find that clip I saw once on an out takes show, and in the shopping channel section they showed fade out and you could hear the presenter, a female with a very strong Welsh accent, say "What a load of old ****"!

Hats off to the models on QVC, they have to go out there on camera in the most awful outfits imaginable that neither fit or flatter them. Sophia in short skirts for instance, Jennifer in anything over a size 6 and Claire in high necked tops or pale pink stretchy trousers. They must know they look ghastly but they still go out there and smile and try and sell those clothes.

CC

Right, so what was the honest accounts she put up on Facebook?

she didnā€™t like a true account and experience I posted on FB

Looks like someone at QVC touted on her which might have not been seen or noticed by the powers that be at QVC.
Hats off to the models on QVC, they have to go out there on camera in the most awful outfits imaginable that neither fit or flatter them. Sophia in short skirts for instance, Jennifer in anything over a size 6 and Claire in high necked tops or pale pink stretchy trousers. They must know they look ghastly but they still go out there and smile and try and sell those clothes.

CC
Hi, I have to say reading all your comments about the Q has made me feel slightly better about not working there. I miss all the lovely models and presenters but not the politics. And yes sometimes I did look in the mirror and not like what I was wearing .... but not always. I used to work there as a freelance model so I still have other work but with this awful Covid work is very quiet. Keep safe all xxx

Like Captain Tom says, Sharon, tomorrow will be a better day. You just weren't meant to be there any longer, so take comfort from that and I hope you can stick around here and share the banter, the tears, the gossip and the giggles. And a huge dollop of realism about Quality, Value and Convenience.

Iā€™m looking now at Kim & Co bum skimming tops. Neither one thing nor the other length wise is a problem M&S have too and they are hanging on like grim death on TDHS.

Hi, I have to say reading all your comments about the Q has made me feel slightly better about not working there. I miss all the lovely models and presenters but not the politics. And yes sometimes I did look in the mirror and not like what I was wearing .... but not always. I used to work there as a freelance model so I still have other work but with this awful Covid work is very quiet. Keep safe all xxx
Aw Sharon, you're a very diplomatic lady, which is understandable especially when you still work in the business. Of course you'll be given styles that you prefer to others, but this isn't any old fashion...this is QVC fashion. For the highlighted bit I'm gonna read "Beam me up Scottie - I don't get paid enough"!

CC
Um.......they do get paid though.......

Hi Sharon itā€™s sad your not on Q always thought you were down to earth and a nice genuine lady. You always appeared to be there to do your job and not to promote yourself.
I know most of us appear to have our own personal views on the presenters, guest presenters and models. I dare say you wouldnā€™t want to comment either way on there accuracy.
I would be interested if you could post some positive comments about a person.
Ie X always makes a point of X or X always brings X in to share or X always remembers X or X always has time for X
Though understandable if not possible just great to have you here šŸ™‚

Of course, that's why they do it. Can't imagine they put many of the photo shots in their portfolio though.

CC

As, surely is the case with many of the jobs they do. It is (or was, for Sharon) still a fairly regular gig, reasonable money, at a difficult economic time. Not a gruelling job, like fruit picking, for example.

As, surely is the case with many of the jobs they do. It is (or was, for Sharon) still a fairly regular gig, reasonable money, at a difficult economic time. Not a gruelling job, like fruit picking, for example.
I wonder if fruit picking is as competitive, though.
And surely when looks are the crux of your employability, the need to exercise, watch what you eat, and engage in having cosmetic procedures done counts as gruelling.
Plus going to castings and having rejection in the form of shredding your looks must be pretty brutal.
We can't dismiss that one job is harder or easier unless we have done each of the jobs we are comparing, in my view.

I had a LAB product which I used as directed religiously for about 6 weeks or so. I hoped I might see a slight lift of the skin around the neck/chin area as was implied. I know these things take time but it was a waste of Ā£150 and having sold it on and had it returned it is now in the bin - as I suspect many others are.

The models though aren't saying it works, they are just employed to demo it and smile. It's just another job. If I can't get a job in Sainsburys then I take Lidl's offer. Same thing.

CC

Latest posts

Back