QVC Now Want Verification

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Yes!

So friend phones me in a panic. Not shopped with QVC for a few months and ordering via the website something at £27.00 P&P £2.95. All well then a box pops up saying a two stage verification text will be sent and put the code number in. She got the text but Santander(which is also my bank) saying OPT might not be from them and if in doubt phone number given.

I said it's okay as you are buying something, is there a code? Yes. Well put that in and it went through.

So, I did read something on their Facebook and someone said something about it. Did not realize it was a two-step verification they meant? I have one set up with Amazon and think they are the way to go stopping fraud.

But this might not be a genuine OTP, might catch some out if ordering in a rush.

Yes!

So friend phones me in a panic. Not shopped with QVC for a few months and ordering via the website something at £27.00 P&P £2.95. All well then a box pops up saying a two stage verification text will be sent and put the code number in. She got the text but Santander(which is also my bank) saying OPT might not be from them and if in doubt phone number given.

I said it's okay as you are buying something, is there a code? Yes. Well put that in and it went through.

So, I did read something on their Facebook and someone said something about it. Did not realize it was a two-step verification they meant? I have one set up with Amazon and think they are the way to go stopping fraud.

But this might not be a genuine OTP, might catch some out if ordering in a rush.
HSBC have warned they are introducing this. They have had something in place before where you had to enter certain letters/digits of an online password. Was ok unless I hadn't used it for some time.
(Now this will come via text I think.) PayPal and Amazon sometimes request a code. Amazon also alert me by text if someone is trying to sign in to my account. Quite often it's me on my tablet but it drives my daughter mad if she's trying to watch Prime or order something (on her own card).. Sshhhh don't tell Amazon!

This is nothing new, just more and more banks are doing this. It is not Q who are requesting this it is the bank that the card you are using to place order that requests it.

as ive said before i dont have a phone & will not be doing this so if they wanna try this with me any site that does will be a costly mistake
Costly mistake for who? The sites that you won't be able to purchase from?

I've been with Santander since they took over from Abbey and I've been getting OTP codes for a long time on some purchases (not all) and recently some QVC purchases. Having been the victim of bank fraud before I'm more than happy to go along with it. I have to say in my own experience Santander are brilliant, if there's any big purchases on my account (legit) they phone and triple check that it's me that's spending the money. It can be annoying but on the other hand what if someone spend tons of my cash and they didn't check?

It's the world we live in today.

HSBC have warned they are introducing this. They have had something in place before where you had to enter certain letters/digits of an online password. Was ok unless I hadn't used it for some time.
(Now this will come via text I think.) PayPal and Amazon sometimes request a code. Amazon also alert me by text if someone is trying to sign in to my account. Quite often it's me on my tablet but it drives my daughter mad if she's trying to watch Prime or order something (on her own card).. Sshhhh don't tell Amazon!
OH! I used to get those from Santander as well!

I swear I used to have to write down my password/numbers each time as the fourth letter then the second etc, which ever combo they used each time. Not only that, but I got mixed up :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

I get texts now before I can sign in to Paypal, Google, Etsy, Amazon and loads more, catalogues etc. I think scammers are on the rise. As I have a very basic phone and never put the number on the net (except when I have to) I hope it is secure.

Everyone wants your details. I bought some perfume in John Lewis on Tuesday and they asked if they could set up a profile for me with my name, address, mobile, bra size, inside leg measurement, number of ex husbands. I said, er, NO!! Apparently easier for me to shop next time. Eh?

CC

A friend chatting on the phone last night said she decided to buy the Elemis TSV. So easy pay, she said she had to verify the payment with her bank. Now her bank is the same as mine, Santander, so text message with a code to input before the order went through. She bought the L'Occitane TSV at Xmas 5 easy pay, and it happened then, but she thought it was a one time only thing as she had got a new debit card?

I had no idea as the last TSV I bought Beekman was not on easy pay and I can't remember the last time I used easy pay? But I don't remember having to verify it?

So question, are all banks doing this now with QVC and easy pay, or is it just Santander?

I’ve not had to do it with either of my banks, but I often get a verification code sent via text when using PayPal. To be honest, I think it’s quite a good idea that they do a check like that. However, I never buy anything from QVC, or any other site, on EZPay or credit so maybe that’s why my banks haven’t done that.

Latest posts

Back