QVC Now Want Verification

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to verify with text more and more items I buy from different online stores now. However, so far, not with QVC. I even had to verify paying my visa card bill. As if someone else wanted to pay that for me! I wish. :ROFLMAO:

It doesn't bother me at all. It's the same when you get a new phone,texts etc making sure it's you. Takes a while to get everything changed onto the new phone but not a problem.

It's a bit like self scanning at Tesco. I go months scanning all my own shopping without any checks, but yesterday I had to have everything in my trolley checked as I'd been picked for a random check.

BTW as my shopping is self scanned, I put everything straight into my own shopping trolley, not a supermarket one, so I only have to load the shopping once.

Online shoppers in the UK can expect more identity checks – and probably more card-declined messages – over the coming weeks, as retailers get ready for new anti-fraud rules that come into force on 14 March

The rules, which have been introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), were supposed to come into force a year ago but were delayed to give retailers more time to adapt

The network coverage isn’t great where I live and sometimes it takes a while for a text to come through. I’ve had this with Next and waited ages for the text to arrive. That said anything that improves security is good.

I have had to do this for quite a long time with Santander and now also with Halifax. It’s the banks doing this, not QVC. I’m very happy to do this as we were hacked last year and had almost £1,000 taken from our Santander account. They were brilliant at sorting this out and put the money straight back into our account as they could see that it wasn’t us!!! Someone in Kent was using our account to pay their council tax and we live in Nottm.

Online shoppers in the UK can expect more identity checks – and probably more card-declined messages – over the coming weeks, as retailers get ready for new anti-fraud rules that come into force on 14 March

The rules, which have been introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), were supposed to come into force a year ago but were delayed to give retailers more time to adapt
Yes and I believe it will be mandatory for card issuers to have these checks in place by July 2022 at the latest.

Well, it has started. On QVC Facebook, a woman outraged she could not buy a pair of Kim & Co trousers she had been searching for the colour for quite a while. Now she is hard of hearing does not have a mobile, but each of her credit cards 3 or 4 would not go through without the request for a code. How dare her bank do this as they should know their customers, and she should be able to spend her money how she likes

Well, it has started. On QVC Facebook, a woman outraged she could not buy a pair of Kim & Co trousers she had been searching for the colour for quite a while. Now she is hard of hearing does not have a mobile, but each of her credit cards 3 or 4 would not go through without the request for a code. How dare her bank do this as they should know their customers, and she should be able to spend her money how she likes
I was "outraged" myself about being FORCED to buy a mobile phone when I didn't want one, plus pay every month for a SIM so it would actually work, just so I could get codes from my bank. Apart from this, I barely use it, and even then, only for phone calls. I haven't used any of its smart features, and haven't even sent a text.

It must be frustrating to be expected to keep a mobile phone purely for verification purposes. It's surprising that banks haven't found a way to deal with this for deaf customers - and equally, very elderly people like my M-I-L who has never got her head around mobile phones!

Seems crazy to complain to Q when it is a bank issue.

There was a post on the moneysaving site on praise rant last week. A man did not want to be tracked and traced on when and where he spent his money. The answers were to get a tinfoil hat and that is not how digital info works, supermarket locality cards will show what customer do buy and sometimes give money off those items.

But banks are not tracking you, they are cracking down on security. Last Monday at 11 pm I got a text from my bank saying they wanted to discuss my recent purchases. Then a link which was my bank name. I thought dodgy but turned on the laptop and googled the link and nothing came up those exact words, checked my bank account nothing different or weird, well the last thing I bought was milk and stuff in the Co.op. Decided to phone the bank next morning to just check and yes it was a scam. The bank said we will never send a text or email with a link to click. If we believe something is wrong, we will ask you to contact us using the normal number.

Latest posts

Back