Qvc presenters inappropriate dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scooby-Doo

Registered Shopper
After watching Debbie flint wearing unflattering leggings and a short top put me off buying what she was wearing. It's ok to wear fashion that's skin tight if you are over the hill but in good shape but honestly! Do they seriously think viewers want to look like that! Julia Roberts is another one wearing unflattering clothes. Makes them look over the hill and desperate arghhhh!

After watching Debbie flint wearing unflattering leggings and a short top put me off buying what she was wearing. It's ok to wear fashion that's skin tight if you are over the hill but in good shape but honestly! Do they seriously think viewers want to look like that! Julia Roberts is another one wearing unflattering clothes. Makes them look over the hill and desperate arghhhh!
In my opinion the only one who always looks right is Ali Keenan.

yes it's a pity they make the presenters wear the clothes they're flogging.Even the so called female stylists look a sight most of the time.( Wrong body shape for the clothes - and some of them pushing 50 dressing like a born again teenager gives the mixed impression of desperate or just senile. Qvc needs a revamp!

The problem is I suppose (and certainly DF will be the main 'advocate' of this), is that 'anything goes', the problem with that is that yes, in theory that may be the case, but I am 'very very curvy' and there are things I wouldn't wear, leggings being a primary example. I am not 'body confident' in any way shape or form, however, I do feel that there is a 'fine line' between body confidence and just 'plain daft' (for want of better words), no there is enough fashion on Q for all body shapes to be dressed in appropriate attire, which of course will have a 'knock-on' of people who see that, more like to buy. I mean I am sure I can't be the only 'body appropriate' dresser in the country?!

The problem is I suppose (and certainly DF will be the main 'advocate' of this), is that 'anything goes', the problem with that is that yes, in theory that may be the case, but I am 'very very curvy' and there are things I wouldn't wear, leggings being a primary example. I am not 'body confident' in any way shape or form, however, I do feel that there is a 'fine line' between body confidence and just 'plain daft' (for want of better words), no there is enough fashion on Q for all body shapes to be dressed in appropriate attire, which of course will have a 'knock-on' of people who see that, more like to buy. I mean I am sure I can't be the only 'body appropriate' dresser in the country?!

I have definitely missed my vocation i could make DF look younger and slimmer with the right clothes. Most of the time DF and a few others dress like an advert for what not to wear. Anything goes if most of your body is slim or you just don't care what you look like but most of us do - ! If they dressed for their shape and looked good - it'd fly out sales wise. Ie I have good slim legs and an enormous top half + so knowing i can't wear clingy tops or belts leggings + shaped long tops give the illusion of allover slimness which in turn = body confidence.

When the Q started there were fewer presenters & looking back they were all smartly dressed, Queen Julia even wore suits. Over the years practically everything has eroded & the current cohort of tat peddlers (female) generally look awful. The majority are 50+ but most are clinging onto their youth & not in a good way & as for those hideous post mortem chic boots so beloved by Ms Everton & Kabler the gabbler...

So true! Just watching qvc style ( i rest my case looking at the 2 aged presenters !) The stuff they sell is tat with prices through the roof - you can find better quality in charity shops!

I agree Scooby, QVC think they are covering all shapes and sizes by sending a variety of models along the runway - like they are 'real' women modelling their disastrous fashion. There is a definite trick in dressing for your body shape, and those backstage stoilists can only dress a size 8 5'10 figure.

When it comes to Sophie the very large model with very large legs, you do not put them on display in any garment that comes above the knee. Or any tops that 'sit' on her bum. A body skimming maxi dress would be perfect for her. The little plus size model (forgot her name) should never be in trousers - they make her backside and legs look even bigger as she walks off.

I'm not small. Depending on cut and cheap 'make', I can wear a size 18 and anything inbetween up to a size 24 - the tops of my arms dictate the size of tops with sleeves, so armholes are a huge consideration. Only recently have I ventured into sleeveless dresses, but always worn with a slinky kimono or crocheted shawl. I have slender legs, but have a belly, bum and broad shoulders. I have also discovered that any top that covers the bum ( over skirts of trousers) can make you look even bigger. The ideal sweet spot for length is just below the belly button and sitting on the hips - the difference is staggering on how you look. Just try it.

I agree Scooby, QVC think they are covering all shapes and sizes by sending a variety of models along the runway - like they are 'real' women modelling their disastrous fashion. There is a definite trick in dressing for your body shape, and those backstage stoilists can only dress a size 8 5'10 figure.

When it comes to Sophie the very large model with very large legs, you do not put them on display in any garment that comes above the knee. Or any tops that 'sit' on her bum. A body skimming maxi dress would be perfect for her. The little plus size model (forgot her name) should never be in trousers - they make her backside and legs look even bigger as she walks off.

I'm not small. Depending on cut and cheap 'make', I can wear a size 18 and anything inbetween up to a size 24 - the tops of my arms dictate the size of tops with sleeves, so armholes are a huge consideration. Only recently have I ventured into sleeveless dresses, but always worn with a slinky kimono or crocheted shawl. I have slender legs, but have a belly, bum and broad shoulders. I have also discovered that any top that covers the bum ( over skirts of trousers) can make you look even bigger. The ideal sweet spot for length is just below the belly button and sitting on the hips - the difference is staggering on how you look. Just try it.

when I went to the last beauty bash Debbie Flint was wearing an Ingenue dress she never ever wears Ingenue on the TV..she deliberately dresses frumpy on TV but she's not in real life

when I went to the last beauty bash Debbie Flint was wearing an Ingenue dress she never ever wears Ingenue on the TV..she deliberately dresses frumpy on TV but she's not in real life
She used to dress really nicely to be on air when I first started watching. Almost always in a dress, often in blue or green. Back then she looked smart and professional. I am saddened that she led the way for others who have also stopped making an effort.

She used to dress really nicely to be on air when I first started watching. Almost always in a dress, often in blue or green. Back then she looked smart and professional. I am saddened that she led the way for others who have also stopped making an effort.
Towards the end of last year she wrote that one of her relatives had said that she needed to lose weight; I thought she was really honest to write that but she doesn't appear to have done anything about it. She has got progressively bigger over the past few years, she says that she wears shapewear & always looks as solid as a chesterfield sofa.

Towards the end of last year she wrote that one of her relatives had said that she needed to lose weight; I thought she was really honest to write that but she doesn't appear to have done anything about it. She has got progressively bigger over the past few years, she says that she wears shapewear & always looks as solid as a chesterfield sofa.
True but having to wear the clothes they sell she seems to be always in leggings that emphasise her size.( As do a few others) they all look like they've just come in from cleaning the car to me.most been in the job too long and got complacent. I wouldn't dress like any of em!

When I read the title I presumed you were talking about Claire modelling a hideous "1970's housecoat pink" ensemble from Michele Hope....It was probably the nastiest garment I've ever seen until she offered up a "1970's housecoat blue" shapeless acrylic skirt with an elasticated waist to show how they went together....Like poop & scoop that's how! How can that geriatric Barbie doll sit there and tell us that customers are gonna look stylish and chic, when the models look like they're dressed for a dare! One of her items was a "mock crochet"?! printed shirt thing with a acrylic camisole (vest top) is a "steal" at £50 and that the camisole alone is worth £26 - Sorry love I wouldn't give you 26 pence for it! Everything else she wheeled out came in putrid colours, horrible fabrics, and bizarre designs...and Michele sits there on her high stool so cock sure of herself. QVC do everyone a favour and send her packing!

Clothes definitely getting worse i hate the way they assume everyone has got their lifestyle ie " you could wear this to the theater or out to dinner with friends or on a cruise!" When most dayviewer s are skint young mum's skint oaps or shiftworkers!

I heard something new yesterday from Frankie Park, former model on the Q who now appears on the Style channel. She was on with Ann Dawson & looking at a coatigan, so just to ring the changes they said it would be ideal when travelling. Frankie then came up with the expression 'airport looks' & quickly added that when you're in the fashion world what you wear going to & from the airport is "just as important", she didn't finish her sentence & I couldn't stop laughing.

Latest posts

Back