QVC Quality control?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Never mind that, it's also against the law in the UK for retailers to resell cosmetics. They should ALL be binned if they are returned, regardless of usage, you cannot take the risk. I used to work for MAC and anything that was returned went straight in a bin, seemed like such a waste, but that's just the way it is.

It does seem a waste. Can't they use them as testers? Or would that be a stupid question these days as somewhere down the line, some maniac is bound to have tampered with something.

Never mind that, it's also against the law in the UK for retailers to resell cosmetics. They should ALL be binned if they are returned, regardless of usage, you cannot take the risk. I used to work for MAC and anything that was returned went straight in a bin, seemed like such a waste, but that's just the way it is.

I didn't know cosmetic counters would accept returns unless you'd had an obvious allergic reaction to them.

They will probably come out with the same old twaddle that they don't send returns out and in this instance, it slipped through the net...

Absolutely I am sure you are right. I am more persuaded now to buy only TSVs or new items! It is just such a cheek though! I am really shocked by their nasty little ways.

It does seem a waste. Can't they use them as testers? Or would that be a stupid question these days as somewhere down the line, some maniac is bound to have tampered with something.

Obviously it's not quite the same thing, but I used to work in a food shop and we always had to bin refunded food, even if there was nothing wrong with it and they'd just bought the wrong thing or something, "in case it had been injected with something." Sounds far fetched but there are some right nutters out there. It's awful that so much food gets wasted in that way but I guess you can't take the risk of some weirdo making someone else ill.

Obviously it's not quite the same thing, but I used to work in a food shop and we always had to bin refunded food, even if there was nothing wrong with it and they'd just bought the wrong thing or something, "in case it had been injected with something." Sounds far fetched but there are some right nutters out there. It's awful that so much food gets wasted in that way but I guess you can't take the risk of some weirdo making someone else ill.

So true. And yet people buy cosmetics off ebay all the time. People say they are new -but are they? A Laura Geller B & B or blush could have been tried with an old grubby make up brush and no one would be able to tell. The product last ages and one application would be undetectable. A bit of dust on the lid? Happened whilst in the post. It is powder after all! How do we know some sicko hasn't contaminated it with goodness knows what?

I have purchased on ebay but not cosmetics apart from a handcream, where the seller was selling about 10 of them and I was as sure as I could be that it was new and unused. I have sold on ebay loads of times (as an honest seller) but I can see how easy it would be to lie and get away with it.

Latest posts

Back