QVC rejected my review....why??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tia

milk in our tea
On a hill, at the end of the road, where the wind
I have posted a few reviews on the QVC site, which were all posted. I do not put prices, no comparisons with other sites and I stay polite.

I posted a review about a NN flannel duvet set, where I gave it a low rating. I posted that the flannel is not as soft than the sets I have purchased before and that I noticed from the label that the flannel is not longer produced in Portugal, but in China. For this reason, the review will not be shown. I think it is a disgrace they are not showing the review as there is nothing wrong with it. I commented that I like the design, but not the fabric
They used to produce flannel in portugal and the presenters rave about it constantly as Portugal has the best flannel. If I would have known it was produced in China, I would not have purchased it in the first place.
QVC thinks that most of its customers are stupid and will accept whatever. :envy:

Well that was my last post ever!

I've had a few of mine rejected recently too. Seems to be if you give something a low rating and then point out all the flaws they don't show it.

I have stopped posting reviews long ago, Tia, as their criteria are too arbitrary. Please do not get upset.

Absolutely agree with you Tia but I more or less expect such low behaviour from them. It would have been a very useful review.

When they first introduced the reviews feature on the website I, and everybody else I'm sure, had been led to believe that as it was goverened by a separate body and completely impartial, they had to publish all reviews be they good or bad.

But my eyes were opened last week, courtesy of Alison Young - she was talking about the reviews for a certain product, and then went on to say that, contrary to my belief, they have to pick a cross section of reviews to publish, to give a general consensus, but not ALL reviews.

Obviously they pick more good ones than bad ones. I certainly won't be wasting my time reviewing anything again - I've only done it a few times and they only accepted those which were more generous in their praise. It's unfair, misleading, and a little bit sneaky in my opinion.

This attitude backfires on them. If customers could make an informed opinion by reading all reviews, good and bad, they would make less use of the 30 MBG. The customer may have to pay the return p&p charges, but QVC end up with a lot more second hand merchandise, which they have to shift.

Tia, did they tell you they were rejecting the review, and give you a reason? Recently, I've been getting emails telling me that my review's been posted, so I wonder if they send an email if they decided not to publish the review?

I've had one-star reviews posted OK, and some five-stars that have never made it on, so it all seems a bit arbitrary.

Tia, did they tell you they were rejecting the review, and give you a reason? Recently, I've been getting emails telling me that my review's been posted, so I wonder if they send an email if they decided not to publish the review?

I've had one-star reviews posted OK, and some five-stars that have never made it on, so it all seems a bit arbitrary.

They emailed me that my review does not follow their guidelines and I quote:
Thanks for taking the time to write a customer review. By following these simple guidelines, you can ensure your voice is heard:

* Focus on the product and your individual experience using it
* Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product

We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

* Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
* Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
* Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
* Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors

I did focus on the product, wrote that the design is nice but that the flannel feels very hard and not soft, even after a wash and theat I prefer my older sets which were made in Portugal, not China. That is all, which is imo a constructive comment....

I have also had a review not posted recently. I can only think it was because I stated that I found the QVC customer service department unhelpful when I stated that a piece of the order was broken. I have also had a review posted recently where I gave a product 2 stars and was completely fair about what I liked and didn't like, so I think it is a bit of a lottery!

well have to say my eyes have been opened too - by reading this thread.............and again its thanks to you lot and not qvc.

Firstly I love NN.However,I,too have always had the notion that the flannel was produced in portugal - and I certainly would not buy it,if i knew it was being produced in china - so your review would have definitely of been of value to me.

secondly I thought too that reviews were completely governed by an impartial body.

They emailed me that my review does not follow their guidelines and I quote:
Thanks for taking the time to write a customer review. By following these simple guidelines, you can ensure your voice is heard:

* Focus on the product and your individual experience using it
* Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product

We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

* Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
* Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
* Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
* Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors

I did focus on the product, wrote that the design is nice but that the flannel feels very hard and not soft, even after a wash and theat I prefer my older sets which were made in Portugal, not China. That is all, which is imo a constructive comment....

Tia, you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be because youve mentioned the two countries and expressed a preference for one over the other. ridiculous i know, but i bet thats it.

my NN TSV arrived today and as soon as i opened it i guessed it would have been made in china. when i looked at the tag i was right.

the quality just isnt as good as the sets made elsewhere.

well, I won't be buying anymore NN sets, if indeed the high TC set are made in China too!

I haven't returned yet the flannel set, as I washed it hoping it would turn softer. It feels more like cotton then "puppy dog ears" lol
It looks nice in the guestroom wich is mainly white colours, the blue contrasts very well.

The total score is 4.7, with 68 reviews, there are only 3 bad reviews, which cannot be an exact figure, I am sure there are more negative reviews!
Oh yes, the item was a previous TSV, http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.830159

well have to say my eyes have been opened too - by reading this thread.............and again its thanks to you lot and not qvc.

Firstly I love NN.However,I,too have always had the notion that the flannel was produced in portugal - and I certainly would not buy it,if i knew it was being produced in china - so your review would have definitely of been of value to me.

secondly I thought too that reviews were completely governed by an impartial body.

I may not have worded my response very well - the reviews ARE goverened by an impartial body - it is this body I was referring to, not QVC themselves, when I said they only have to pick a cross section and not all reviews. I still think this fact should have been pointed out to us from the very beginning though - the presenters all made it appear as though, as it was an impartial body, that ALL reviews had to be accepted - good or bad.

I have posted reviews which they have not shown. I am sure that I have heard some presenters state that the reviews are checked by a "third party" before they are posted on the website. I don't bother reviewing on QVC. I would rather review a product on here.

Would it be a good idea if we had a section where we could post our reviews for products we all buy. I don't know if there is a section in the Drop. I would find it helpful if I wanted to buy something and I would rather get reviews from my fellow Forumites than QVC if they are not being truthful!!

Any thought?? What do you think Graham??

I have posted reviews which they have not shown. I am sure that I have heard some presenters state that the reviews are checked by a "third party" before they are posted on the website. I don't bother reviewing on QVC. I would rather review a product on here.

Would it be a good idea if we had a section where we could post our reviews for products we all buy. I don't know if there is a section in the Drop. I would find it helpful if I wanted to buy something and I would rather get reviews from my fellow Forumites than QVC if they are not being truthful!!

Any thought?? What do you think Graham??

I think it is a great idea, I will add sub sections to all Live Channels, would think that each header should be Item Number and Product, will try and get this done tonight.

Tia, you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be because youve mentioned the two countries and expressed a preference for one over the other. ridiculous i know, but i bet thats it.

I was thinking the same thing-that old "prejudice card" will have been called into play here!Ridiculous, as that is not what Tia was doing at all-there is a reason why she was expressing a preference, and it was justified.

I agree that is probably because you mentioned that the flannel made in China is not as good as that made in Portugal the PC police will have been out. I think that just lately it is frowned on in this country and not just QVC to criticise any other country or anything made there the Worlds gone mad :taphead: Wonder if it was resubmitted just saying the quality was not as good as other sets it would be published ??

Latest posts

Back