QVC rejected my review....why??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it is a great idea, I will add sub sections to all Live Channels, would think that each header should be Item Number and Product, will try and get this done tonight.
and categories, so I don't have to read 1000's of reviews eulogising about QVC's incomparable fashion from the adoring posters here when I want to know about drain unblocker:drunk: :tongue:

I agree that is probably because you mentioned that the flannel made in China is not as good as that made in Portugal the PC police will have been out. I think that just lately it is frowned on in this country and not just QVC to criticise any other country or anything made there the Worlds gone mad :taphead: Wonder if it was resubmitted just saying the quality was not as good as other sets it would be published ??

Yep, the stoopid PC brigade will have played in it. I only gave factual information, that the portugal produced linnen feels softer than the chinese one. I will post again and leave the country names out, let's see what happens.(I will mention that QVC have changed suppliers, and that the new producers' linnen feels not as good)
So, if they want to play it correctly, QVC should mention from now on that they have changed suppliers from Portugal to China and that China is now the best flannel producer, I'd bet that the sales would drop substantially and .
They partly lost their sales pitch now, as they can't use the Portugal advantage anylonger.

Just another trivial NN observation, they always droned on about the fitted sheets being elasticated all the way around, well I have loads of sets that have top and bottom elastic but the long sides are without. I think they may have recently stopped bleating about this but it used get several mentions per show.

The question is, is this an one-off, of have they relocated their manufacturing to China?

Yep, the stoopid PC brigade will have played in it. I only gave factual information, that the portugal produced linnen feels softer than the chinese one. I will post again and leave the country names out, let's see what happens.(I will mention that QVC have changed suppliers, and that the new producers' linnen feels not as good)
So, if they want to play it correctly, QVC should mention from now on that they have changed suppliers from Portugal to China and that China is now the best flannel producer, I'd bet that the sales would drop substantially and .
They partly lost their sales pitch now, as they can't use the Portugal advantage anylonger.

Lets face it, we are not allowed to upset a Far Eastern Country who shall remain nameless!!

I've been skulking around this site for a while and have decided to start taking part - particularly since youre talking about reviews. I love reading what you've all got to say!

I have only once had a review not show and it was a good 5* review!!

What amazes me though is that they can get away with saying 'there are x number of 5* reviews on this item' and not mention the low rated reviews - I know they wouldnt say people hated it - but its giving the wrong impression.

Also I think they should be ashamed to rave on about how great an item is when its got very low ratings overall - like a floor mop on earlier today.

julia roberts is the only presenter i have ever heard openly admit that the reviews for a product were terrible. it was that magnetic window washer that does the rounds every few years. you can tell theyre crap just by looking at them. JR did a presentation and actually said that the reviews were terrible and that most people found it impossible to use. the guest went on to say there was a "knack" to using it. the kiss of death on QVC where everythng is sooooooo easy! its never been seen since to my knowledge.

fair do's to ju-ju for being honest about it - she probably thought it was a pile of sh*te too and decided to get rid the best way she knew how :O)

The question is, is this an one-off, of have they relocated their manufacturing to China?

i dont think they have entirely. the egyptian cotton sets i have were both made in egypt and the price reflected that. there was a new egyptian cotton set on the TSV day and it was much more expensive than the TSV even though it was a much lower threadcount.

the TSV's are often (maybe always?) made in china.

I've also had reviews rejected. I recently pointed out some flaws in an Anna Griffin vellum quotes book, and the review was not posted. I've had others rejected in the past, as well. Some of them were actually five star ones, but I must have said something to upset them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back