QVC Rip-off Mince Pies for £18(£24 with p&p)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
It's ridiculous, really. There isn't anything special to justify the ludicrous price tag. They're not organic or artisinal.

If a high-street store tried sélling this product at £18/24 people would laugh at them...

For example: Harrod's mince pies are £9.95, Fortnum & Mason £10.95. These are world renowned luxury brands.

QVC selling stuff to people with more money than common sense.

It's ridiculous, really. There isn't anything special to justify the ludicrous price tag. They're not organic or artisinal.

If a high-street store tried sélling this product at £18/24 people would laugh at them...

For example: Harrod's mince pies are £9.95, Fortnum & Mason £10.95. These are world renowned luxury brands.

QVC selling stuff to people with more money than common sense.

Ah! yes but, this is QVC who are renowned for ripping the customer off. Many avid customers will buy these because its QVC and the would never shop anywhere else. I make my own mincemeat and make my own mince pies and they work out at about 55p each and I bet that they taste just as good if not better that the Qs

Ah! yes but, this is QVC who are renowned for ripping the customer off. Many avid customers will buy these because its QVC and the would never shop anywhere else. I make my own mincemeat and make my own mince pies and they work out at about 55p each and I bet that they taste just as good if not better that the Qs

Sounds as though you should put yourself forward as a supplier to QVC Talisker--Just think of the cash in the bank!
This is adding to the 'Christmas '16 More money than sense' Awards, along with those ridiculous Wine Tubes.Why anyone would buy ANY food/drink from somewhere like QVC is way beyond me.

People tend to buy Harrods/FM food as gifts even though they are overpriced because of the novelty value of the brand name and it is the only thing they will ever be able to afford. Bags and tins with the name on it are kept and displayed with tea bags etc in them. I somwhow don't see anyone gasping in appreciation or keeping an unknown brand from an unknown selly telly (to the biggest majority of the GB public)

I see tomorrow's shows (Monday) are all devoted to food. Oh I wish I was at home so I could have the best laugh at their ludicrously priced offerings. The other day Simple Simon's pies were on with their awful looking beef Wellington. The pastry didn't look cooked through and Theresa's loads of blood running out turning the pastry link. It looked like. The reviews for the best Wellington's are shocking.

Personally I like mince pies with icing on! They are regarded as a bit common these days so are never in the expensive ranges. Mind you they can also be very hard to find, I have to scour all local branches of Sainsbury's and M&S before panic buying when I do eventually track them down. Those and a box of Ecclefeccan (sp??) cakes do me nicely.

Personally I like mince pies with icing on! They are regarded as a bit common these days so are never in the expensive ranges. Mind you they can also be very hard to find, I have to scour all local branches of Sainsbury's and M&S before panic buying when I do eventually track them down. Those and a box of Ecclefeccan (sp??) cakes do me nicely.
Yes, I like them like that, my wife like them with marzipan on top so what I normally do is put the marzipan in the freezer first so that it grates easily and then pop some on to of the mincemeat before cooking. Really nice.

I see tomorrow's shows (Monday) are all devoted to food. Oh I wish I was at home so I could have the best laugh at their ludicrously priced offerings. The other day Simple Simon's pies were on with their awful looking beef Wellington. The pastry didn't look cooked through and Theresa's loads of blood running out turning the pastry link. It looked like. The reviews for the best Wellington's are shocking.

Whitesnake, I had to take a look at the reviews and dear lord, how can they continue to sell such overpriced rubbish, surely they must have some kind of recall for items that prove so unpopular or at least massively reduce them in price??? Rhetorical question considering all the ancient, full-price cr*p still on the website, but shocking nonetheless - surely nobody would be willing to buy those with such dreadful reviews??!??!??!

Just had to pop over to Q and check out the beef wellingtons. So four are £29 plus £6 postage, £35. By chance I saw the price of two in Waitrose when I was shopping and they were £12.99. So four in Waitrose, not the cheapest shop in the world but usually good quality, would be £26. I have never bought them so have no informed idea of how nice they are!

I've just had a look too at the reviews. Wow - how bad are they? QVC should be ashamed to have them on sale, but obviously they're not.

They're not bothered about the reviews being as bad as the food, because if you ignore the bad reviews, buy the food and don't like it, then you return the rest at your own expense (or bin them) so they've already made a tidy bit of profit out of each sale, and as they're probably sale or return, they're probably not arsed what you do, so added together they still make money, not too shabby.

I don't like mince pies but my husband loves them - I think he eats his own weight in them every Christmas.

I don't think I've ever come across any bought mince pies to equal my mum's. Home make mincemeat (very boozy) and home make ultra-short pastry (always made with lard, never sweetened).... as I never managed to get the recipe from her, sadly, before she passed away, I just tend to steer clear completely these days.

What I've always loved shop-bought are the packs of marzipan. I don't waste it on putting on cakes... I just keep a block for myself and cut it into cubes and then indulge... always done that from childhood. Waitrose do a particularly fine one with brandy, and it's on my festive shopping list.

i love them and aldi and lidl do some very nice award winning ones every year for pennies. qvc and the pie company do take liberties poor quality and very expensive to boot means they still make money

I don't think I've ever come across any bought mince pies to equal my mum's. Home make mincemeat (very boozy) and home make ultra-short pastry (always made with lard, never sweetened).... as I never managed to get the recipe from her, sadly, before she passed away, I just tend to steer clear completely these days.

What I've always loved shop-bought are the packs of marzipan. I don't waste it on putting on cakes... I just keep a block for myself and cut it into cubes and then indulge... always done that from childhood. Waitrose do a particularly fine one with brandy, and it's on my festive shopping list.

I thought it was just me! I adore marzipan cubes!

Don't buy the mince pies at that price, everyone. Give it till January and they'll be offering them at As Is (Aziz) prices - maybe as much as 10% off so, including postage, just "£2 and change" each (as they love to say for anything up to £2.99). You don't mind the bite marks in the pastry, do you?

Asda have started doing one with brandy, as the nearest Waitrose is 40 miles away I will have to give it a try.

Latest posts

Back