QVC show home....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

so its nice of Debbie Flint to give us an insight with a photoshoot (which will no doubt be endless now), with the Alison Cork stools and Dyson heater all in shot. Cant wait to see the Peony flaaaars, Yankee candles, Cozyhome, various kitchen gadgets etc in further episodes; and has anyone read the sycophantic messages at the end of her blog ? what ARE these people like ??????

Dont anyone try to tell me that they don't get to keep the 'samples'.
I think she had a garage sale/car boot sale when she moved out of Dorking last time. She basically invited all and sundry (aka advertised) to come along... probably had a bit of a QVC clearly. Think she raised money for either the Medical Dogs charity, or Linda Magistris's bereavement charity. It's a bit hazy now as I try to avoid reading her blog or most of her Q hours...but that was a good thing she did raising money for a good cause.

I believe it was sheep wash or sheep dip something like that. I think we've all seen the lovely Angela rippon shopping in Tavistock at some time or other, what a lovely lady☺
Sheep dip. :D I think it was La Rippon I saw, but a lot of Tavistock women seem to dress like her. Sadly I'm in Tavistock too often these days with my elderly cats. Westmoor are expensive but they're managing to keep my old ladies going, for which I'm grateful. 🐈😾🐱

I think she had a garage sale/car boot sale when she moved out of Dorking last time. She basically invited all and sundry (aka advertised) to come along... probably had a bit of a QVC clearly. Think she raised money for either the Medical Dogs charity, or Linda Magistris's bereavement charity. It's a bit hazy now as I try to avoid reading her blog or most of her Q hours...but that was a good thing she did raising money for a good cause.

I don't go much on those who publicise themselves as what they do for charity.

With her endless self promotion, I do wonder whether she has any proper friends, as she seems to gain oxygen from all the online praise from cyber friends; because I know if I had an acquaintance like her, she certainly isn't what I look for in a true friend. I would soon tell her to get real, get lost and get a life.

I agree with all that you have said brissles. She could raise awareness about her chosen charity without drawing attention to her donation. I would not seek out someone like her as a friend, too full of herself and she seems to flit from one friend or one new obsession to another. In the very early days she kept going on about building a house, then she wanted a film writing career in Hollywood and became friendly with her chum Antthony, then she drove us mad about having been chosen by QVC to train people at QVC China ( that was quickly dropped on her return and I suspect it didn’t go so well for her ). Then came her “ steamy “ novels, her retreat and all things Devon, the singing, now the balcony+flat............
It never stops. Why does it bother me? Because she spoils my enjoyment of QVC. I watch to shop, not to watch her indulge her self obsession. Too much information constantly and she freely gives away details like where she lives etc. This indicates very poor judgement. No doubt her brother who was until recently a police officer has advised her against this.

Had a watch, but after 5 minutes realised she was filming herself for 45 minutes :eek:, so gave that up ! Her room might look huuuge now, but get a dining table and chairs in, and a decent size sofa and it wont look so big then !, and she admitted that with the sun it gets really hot - (who wants to live in a conservatory ???), so she's having to buy blinds. Defeats the object a bit of having that view then !
And the thought of washing those windows .

I doubt that with her QVC salary the mortgage etc will be too much of a worry. In addition with all the QVC samples she has to trial, household products, “ fashion “ etc she doesn’t have the same expenditure as most people. She will no doubt have a window cleaning company to deal with the windows and she may treat us with a vlog while they are hard at work. Riveting!

I doubt that with her QVC salary the mortgage etc will be too much of a worry. In addition with all the QVC samples she has to trial, household products, “ fashion “ etc she doesn’t have the same expenditure as most people. She will no doubt have a window cleaning company to deal with the windows and she may treat us with a vlog while they are hard at work. Riveting!
That made me laugh out loud :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I don't know how some of these people don't see the line between shopping tv presenter and friend. At the end of the day, these blogs aren't there to "let us into their lives" - They're showing off, and showcasing QVC products at the same time- with the added promise of same "Luxe" lifestyle Q want you believe you'll be buying into. They are sales assistants - not your best mate! I'm not saying they don't deserve compliments, but they certainly don't deserve them from such a blatant set up as a "presenter's blog" - Some of the comments are really quite nauseating -Some of the eejits have even posted questions? As if, she (DF in this case) is actually gonna answer them! Possibly at some stage, she'll give a blanket thanks to everybody who's commented on her blog.
I have a really nice neighbour, intelligent, rational & grounded until it comes to the Q & Claire Sutton. She misses CS desperately, her word, not mine & is delighted that she's so happy in her post-QVC life especially now she's bought a second home in Aldeburgh. It's borderline stalking!

And of course now with covid nothing used will be returned - not that we ever thought they returned the items given “to try”.

The ones who leave must have a hell of a shock when they have to buy their beauty stuff from local store rather than just bag it from work - guess it’s back to own brands instead of £100 pots of snail snot type of stuff.

I’ve often wondered what happens to all the products that are used in studio demonstrations. It can’t be sold, maybe it goes to the outlet shops, but I bet the staff and presenters get first dibs!

I’ve often wondered what happens to all the products that are used in studio demonstrations. It can’t be sold, maybe it goes to the outlet shops, but I bet the staff and presenters get first dibs!
Probably put to one side to be used again when the product is aired again - and accidentally on purpose finds it way into dressing rooms 🤭

The same as earrings (pierced) which are demo'd by presenters and models, they cant be sent out, so I might as well keep them then !!!!
I don’t watch Q very often but I’ve been very aware of how the presenters I’ve seen lately (eg Jill F) swarm all over the make up to try it on their hands (or faces) even though they don’t need to because the guest or model has already shown us. It’s so sneaky. I imagine them circling their arms round all the products at the end of the show to scoop them into a handy box or bag they brought with them for the purpose ... and off to the dressing room or home they go!

Not being on Arsebook, has anyone on the QVC page wrote in and asked them about the freebies/samples/try-outs or have there been no replies ?

It has been asked before but of course ignored by Liamx and cronies who only reply when it suits but ALWAYS when it’s a positive post.

I have a really nice neighbour, intelligent, rational & grounded until it comes to the Q & Claire Sutton. She misses CS desperately, her word, not mine & is delighted that she's so happy in her post-QVC life especially now she's bought a second home in Aldeburgh. It's borderline stalking!

I know..it's crazy. Back in the day at work, I used to talk a lot about my shopping channel purchases and I was known as the Qvc queen, though I mostly bought my stuff from Shop! (The value channel)...Not once did I ever mention, let alone talk about any of the presenters despite knowing all their names. I'm not interested in their lives outside Qvc or whatever channel they work for, they're presenters...some I like better than others but other that - What they do outside of work is none of my business, and quite frankly I'm not interested anyway. My guilty pleasure is being on here, where we're on first name terms with all of them, we can slag 'em of, poke fun, wish them well and I think that's totally ok, but when you let it seep into your actual life, then that's actually a bit worrying! I hope I never get like that. Already spending far too much with the old Q, just ordered myself Chuntley's poppy brooch in the silver, I actually do like to have a brooch on my jackets (bar the leather one) and I realised that my denim one needs one and it's a good cause...but I'll tell you something, if anyone comments that they like the brooch when it arrives, I'll tell them it was from Q but I shan't be mentioning the Chuntster!

Latest posts

Back