QVC Staff discount

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

csi

Registered Shopper
My Cousin works for QVC in liverpool. He said all his colleagues are getting 30% of every item they stock, for the next 8 weeks. They normally get 20% off. He bought me some molton brown £3 per bottle in the shop they have on site. He bought my Sister a brand new coat for £5. Its absolutely gorgeous. They never had my size 😥.
The free be's the presenters must get must be unbelievable. You hear presenters say well i got one to try. No they get given free in my opinion. IMO i think customers must complain the presenters get free be's. The price of clothes are way too expensive. People can just about to eat.
I remember my hubby went to a job
The man said he spilt up from his last partener as she left him 5 thousand pounds in debt due to buying off QVC.

They are hefty discounts for the sales staff. The shop prices sound amazing. I expect the presenters are given products to try at home so that they can talk about them knowledgeably but considering how many products they sell every week the freebies must mount up.
No wonder presenters stay so long at QVC.

Maybe that’s why we pay such high P&P costs - to subsidise the discounts that staff get. 😳

I don’t mind the fact that the actual staff get discounts, but I don’t see why the presenters should benefit as I’m sure they get paid enough to spout on about the item (or their private lives. 🙄)

Katy was on the other week I’d been listening to her boasting what Q stuff she’d got. Thinking of how many young women with young children would actually have all this much personal stuff, perhaps it’s different these days with social media. But years ago mothers used to go without, in order to clothe and provide for their young ones. Anyway along with this and that she’s mentioned loads of pair of shoes, boots, clothing, bags, Hotel Chocolat velvetiser, make up, Dyson hair dryer and the Dyson straighteners. It’s just today whilst on with Dyson haircare and Abbi Horn she let slip the Dyson straighteners she has at home are actually on loan from QVC.

With the 30mbg and brand ambassadors for every product discussing its attributes, why is it necessary for presenters to be given 'stuff' so that they can talk about them ?? we can hear and watch the product being discussed and can judge for ourselves when we get it home.

I really dont want to hear how Craig has several Kelly Hoppen bedding products (like he's going to return them, right ?), Peony flower arrangements or Yankee candles, or the numerous beauty products that Franks cant live without, or see Chuntley practically begging for a Lulu Guinness freebee.

Its like watching the people running a jumble sale squirreling away all the best stuff for themselves in another room before the doors open !!

I remember when they were still at Canary Wharf and the presenters mentioned the staff store. They did sell demo items to the staff shown on air but never used.

I know department stores also have them I know a number of people who work in HoF and Debenhams and used to be able to get perfume etc in the staff store. It was upstairs in the staff area of course one friend bought her husband Cartier male fragrances 3 bottles cost less than one at rrp.

I agree with you brissles. Who thought up the idea that a presenter having some freebie at home would make a difference as to whether I would buy the product. Who cares if a greedy presenter likes a freebie fragrance, face cream, tin of biscuits etc? There must be more gullible people out there than I thought and QVC and greedy presenters exploiting that situation Is distasteful. That’s why I don’t like the majority of presenters.

I just might agree with an appliance being on trial so that they can say about its performance and ease of use but face gloop and food no way,
Even if the thought of people ,who have money to burn judging by their blogs , getting freebies, what is the point. They won’t have the same skin type/colouring of at least 2/3rd of customers and taste of food is very subjective so why would I want to know what someone who hates coffee/loves ginger/hates sticky buns thinks of something I am interested in.

Katy was on the other week I’d been listening to her boasting what Q stuff she’d got. Thinking of how many young women with young children would actually have all this much personal stuff, perhaps it’s different these days with social media. But years ago mothers used to go without, in order to clothe and provide for their young ones. Anyway along with this and that she’s mentioned loads of pair of shoes, boots, clothing, bags, Hotel Chocolat velvetiser, make up, Dyson hair dryer and the Dyson straighteners. It’s just today whilst on with Dyson haircare and Abbi Horn she let slip the Dyson straighteners she has at home are actually on loan from QVC.

To follow on with Katy I heard Alex commenting just after lunch she was on with a borrowed iPad as she’d forgotten hers. Going on to say she’d better look after it and not drop it as she has history of breaking things. As she’s been given some of the Dyson straightners to use at home and has broken them.

I think quite a few of them have received the Liz Earle TSV ‘to try’. I should think by now, with the range having been on QVC for about 25 years, they would have all tried it to death by now!Also why do they still call them TSVs? They are no longer on for just one day, but are on sale at the TSV price for about 3 days before the launch, and are now launched the evening before . There are about 3 or 4 TSVs on the go all the time!

To follow on with Katy I heard Alex commenting just after lunch she was on with a borrowed iPad as she’d forgotten hers. Going on to say she’d better look after it and not drop it as she has history of breaking things. As she’s been given some of the Dyson straightners to use at home and has broken them.
Admitting that proves that Knuckles Kramer has no idea about what selling is all about, loathsome person.

My Cousin works for QVC in liverpool. He said all his colleagues are getting 30% of every item they stock, for the next 8 weeks. They normally get 20% off. He bought me some molton brown £3 per bottle in the shop they have on site. He bought my Sister a brand new coat for £5. Its absolutely gorgeous. They never had my size 😥.
The free be's the presenters must get must be unbelievable. You hear presenters say well i got one to try. No they get given free in my opinion. IMO i think customers must complain the presenters get free be's. The price of clothes are way too expensive. People can just about to eat.
I remember my hubby went to a job
The man said he spilt up from his last partener as she left him 5 thousand pounds in debt due to buying off QVC.
Is he married?

Admitting that proves that Knuckles Kramer has no idea about what selling is all about, loathsome person.

Yes T she is loathsome, I heard her make a comment the other day, while flicking through the channels, about a £55 top being “small change”, Simon Dairylee said it too funny enough about a £40 item and I thought what’s up with these people? That’s the price of a months shopping to someone struggling, these presenters really have no idea.

Not living in the real world. I know my circumstances aren’t the same as a pensioner on basic SP etc but I at least understand that not everyone can spend (within reason) without worrying if it will effect my basic living because I have been in that position at various times.

I wonder if Q presenters and BA’s have ever had to budget or do they assume if you can buy off the telly you must have spare cash and no sense or is sell sell sell all that matters in their world.

Neither Dale or Charlie do the hard sell but are still there so must be doing it ok.

So why now are the presenters making the party line statement regarding these Dyson straightners.
Just heard another Catherine Huntley I have a pair of these on loan to use.
But goes on to say, Oh I did that on the bed at home today using the Simple Human mirror. I suddenly turned round and thought how Qfied my home is.
They weren’t all gifted things or anything like that.
I have bought in fact everything that was on there, apart from my little charger, was actually something I’d bought from QVC and are fantastic.
Straighteners Catherine you soon forgot you‘d said they were actually on loan :unsure:

Last edited:
Pippa has been raving about the Dyson drier and straighteners. I don’t think her hair is looking very good at the moment at all. I see that another brand of straighteners are about to be launched, how are they going to get round that one then, when all the presenters seem to be using their Dysons, and loving them?

Pippa has been raving about the Dyson drier and straighteners. I don’t think her hair is looking very good at the moment at all. I see that another brand of straighteners are about to be launched, how are they going to get round that one then, when all the presenters seem to be using their Dysons, and loving them?
Oh so that maybe now why there is the, I‘ve not chosen to buy the Dyson brand of straightners, as I previously had you all to believe. As I’m only actually borrowing them to try. So I can have any legion to any brand of straighteners, that I maybe asked to try and then go on to sell.

Latest posts

Back