QVC US Laying off 900 staff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC US Laying off 900 staff!

This is so sad. bound to happen here too.

wish they would reduce their prices, that might help some keep their jobs.

It must be a big worry for the suppliers too, they are geared to large production lines I imagine, specifically for QVC, and if the orders are cut, they could go down the tubes. it affects everyone.

not much to cheer about this christmas.

I think it will only be a matter of time, as I signed on this week and there is hardly any jobs going the lady who was dealing with my application said there was only one retail job and that was for Primark for 4 hours on a Saturday at min wage, she said other than that they have had no retail jobs since September and have had loads of travel agents and estate agents signing on.

It is looking very bleak at the moment can't see it getting any better in the new year either.

Oh Jo34 - you have all my sympathies. Things are really awful aren't they? I live in the West Country and decent jobs are non-existant at the best of times. Just about the only jobs going anyway are in the tourist industry, which is famously low-paid.
As things get worse, the tourist industry is obviously falling apart and even those jobs are vanishing now. Best of luck to everyone suffering in this credit crunch. We're gonna need it! XX

Yes it's a hard job deciding between those 2 . :33: I can't say I'd miss either of 'em .

Get rid of both. That should save enough wages to secure quite a few of the background people. Chances are a lot of them are agency staff and I bet a lot of those have gone.

QVC sells 'luxury' goods. Most people can get clothes, beauty stuff, clothes and food far cheaper elsewhere - and bling must be the first off the list if money is tight.

I know that I do not spend as much as I used to - on QVC and anywhere else for that matter.

I've just caught the last 5 minutes of 'Quackertastic'. I'd vote for Jill and that duck noise lady.

mind you you can tell that glen campbell really hates the clothes. he looks as if he does not want to even touch there ghastlyness.
i think theres something about him actually touching the girls......they could easliy say things were amiss........apart from a lonely brain cell im sure theres something about that......hope it makes some sence.......

You don't seriously think that if there are to be people laid off at QVC that they'd start with the presenters do you? It will be the poor people at the bottom of the ladder who would be first to go. The last people to join the company who wouldn't have to be paid off so much redundancy money. Having worked in two firms who are now laying staff off, it unfortunately is always the people on the floor who work the hardest who are the first to go. The management usually sit pretty at the top for longest as they cost more to get rid of.
Miriam in trade union leader mode!

one might suggest that if there were no "management" giving direction and leading the company, then there would be no jobs for the "people at the bottom of the ladder" to start with!

businesses dont run themselves y'know.

one might suggest that if there were no "management" giving direction and leading the company, then there would be no jobs for the "people at the bottom of the ladder" to start with!

businesses dont run themselves y'know.

Really? They don't? Oh how stupid of me......
I wasn't suggesting that all management should go, it just seems to be the case where I work that there are many tiers of management sitting around doing practically nothing but count their pay cheques. If there is pruning to be done, that's where I personally would start.

But thanks for pointing that out.

Really? They don't? Oh how stupid of me......
I wasn't suggesting that all management should go, it just seems to be the case where I work that there are many tiers of management sitting around doing practically nothing but count their pay cheques. If there is pruning to be done, that's where I personally would start.

But thanks for pointing that out.

my pleasure, and perhaps i should look for a management position in your company. it sounds rather fun.

..my pleasure, and perhaps i should look for a management position in your company. it sounds rather fun

As one who works for a company rather like Miriam's, I feel duty-bound to point out that these managers have all the worthwhile jobs sewn up between them.. so you would have no chance..

Latest posts

Back