Qvc web

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
Today when I tried the web and tried turning the pages, I kept getting this message almost all the time:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie
/n
IBM_HTTP_Server/6.1.0.43 Apache/2.0.47 (Unix) Server at beta.qvcuk.com Port 80

Does anyone else get this:thinking:

They said on air this evening that there was a problem with the website so to order by other methods.

I've been getting that message for about 2-3 weeks. If I click one of SCW's links it also comes up. Sometimes I try searching by the item number instead but that doesn't always work either. Mostly I give up! Do you use Firefox?

Try clearing the cache on your device. I had that message on my Nexus 7 and I cleared the cache after finding the instructions on Google. I think I cleared out my favourites as well.

I've had no trouble getting on the site and browsing .......... not that I've actually ordered anything. I use Firefox.

They said on air this evening that there was a problem with the website so to order by other methods.

Thank you, Weathergirl, I did not hear that, just that I like to see the postage and reviews these days. I always add the postage to the last clicks and only order if they are still reasonable.
The postage on the clearance sometimes so much that, it is not worth the clearance price.

I've been getting that message for about 2-3 weeks. If I click one of SCW's links it also comes up. Sometimes I try searching by the item number instead but that doesn't always work either. Mostly I give up! Do you use Firefox?
Thank you, Rebus. Till 3 weeks ago I used Firefox, then it kept buffering because of one of its add ons, so I changed to Chrome.

Try clearing the cache on your device. I had that message on my Nexus 7 and I cleared the cache after finding the instructions on Google. I think I cleared out my favourites as well.

Thank you, iloveshopping, I did a lot of surfing the last 2 days, so that could be the problem. I will clear the history and stuff:happy:

I had this problem when trying to access items on my phone, but not my laptop. You need to clear your cookies and then it should be fine, mine was.

happens to me all the time. I just reboot the lappy and it goes away again for a while. I have the same problem with Wallis too for some reason

Broken links on website

On and off for the last few weeks, links on the QVC website have not been working.

For example, clicking on a show listed in "Recent on-air items" often results in ---------

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie
/n
IBM_HTTP_Server Server at beta.qvcuk.com Port 80

This happens for other links as well, even searches.

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?

Yep I've had it on and off, both on IE and Google Chrome. The quickest remedy is to reboot my laptop. I take it as a sign I've been on the world wide waste of time too long!

I hadn't noticed the previous thread which went back to last year.

Thanks for merging my post into it Sazza.

So almost a year has gone by and the website still has the same problem!!!

Latest posts

Back