QVC Website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
Someone on FB asked what jumper Anne was wearing. I like a challenge so thought I’d try to help.

So I typed in “yellow jumper” to see what came up. Answer: 0 results.

So I thought I’d try other websites. M&S, Debenhams, DP and Matalan all came up with lists of yellow jumpers and, of course, I could add lots of other filters such as size, price etc.

I really can’t understand how their website can be so dire. Just for good measure, I went onto the qvc.com website and typed in “yellow sweater” and it brought up a list. They weren’t all yellow, but at least it recognised the word “sweater”. (Out of interest, I typed in “jumper”, and it brought up jumpsuits - again better than the UK site.)

Needless to say, another poster told her the brand before CS got back to her and I managed to find it. The colour was “pear” by the way.:mysmilie_17:

Surely they must lose business this way? We all shop in different ways according to our particular needs. Sometimes I just like to browse all tops to see if anything catches my eye. Other times I might be looking for black sandals (for example) and want to see what’s available. (Not just on the QVC website).

I would write to QVC and air my views but it’ll fall on deaf ears.

Ah, QVC and their colour descriptions of clothes. A blind man on a galloping horse could do better and get back faster with an answer.

I have noticed it is 99% of the time other posters who come back with an answer to a query on the QVC Facebook. I swear the standard answer given by one of the social media team:)mysmilie_17: )sorry laughing at the idea of them that they will ask X, Y or Z and get back they never ever do.

Every time I carefully position the cursor to click on something, just as I click, the screen jumps and I click on something else.

So I have now learned to wait for the screen to jump before I click, then have to move the cursor again before I click (it only seems to jump once).

Pear? We are calling that Apple green then.They cannot get colours right on air never mind on the website.

Someone on FB asked what jumper Anne was wearing. I like a challenge so thought I’d try to help.

So I typed in “yellow jumper” to see what came up. Answer: 0 results.

So I thought I’d try other websites. M&S, Debenhams, DP and Matalan all came up with lists of yellow jumpers and, of course, I could add lots of other filters such as size, price etc.

I really can’t understand how their website can be so dire. Just for good measure, I went onto the qvc.com website and typed in “yellow sweater” and it brought up a list. They weren’t all yellow, but at least it recognised the word “sweater”. (Out of interest, I typed in “jumper”, and it brought up jumpsuits - again better than the UK site.)

Needless to say, another poster told her the brand before CS got back to her and I managed to find it. The colour was “pear” by the way.:mysmilie_17:

Surely they must lose business this way? We all shop in different ways according to our particular needs. Sometimes I just like to browse all tops to see if anything catches my eye. Other times I might be looking for black sandals (for example) and want to see what’s available. (Not just on the QVC website).

I would write to QVC and air my views but it’ll fall on deaf ears.

One of the simpler things they could do is are tags (#red, #jumper,#yellow,#jumper....)to items on the website. But as they have barely reached 1990 developmentally on that inadequate website that is probably beyond them!

The website should, and could, he their biggest asset. The go-to place for accurate, and detailed product info. They had a review for a Denim & co top which the customer was nervous about, as the website described it as 95% polyester and she was relieved to find as she had hoped, (given the majority of the range is cotton or viscose) that it was 95% cotton. How many purchasers would have moved on based on their 95% inaccurate website description?

There was no mention in the description of the TSV Lenovo laptop whether it had Bluetooth in and out.

So I posted the question, which didn't go on-line until the next day, when the TSV was over!

And, of course, nobody has answered it.

It was lucky I wasn't considering buying it, I was just interested, as I don't know if it comes as stansard these days.

This yet again demonstrates the lack of sufficient details in Q's descriptions.

Pear? We are calling that Apple green then.They cannot get colours right on air never mind on the website.

The confusion/surprise on the guests' faces when the presenter looks at the card and calls the plain grey top/bag/ jeans "Sunrise Lilac" is priceless!

Oh, and if there's an actual lilac in the same item Q are sure to call it "plummy sunset" or similar.

"What are we calling this one?" :mysmilie_19:

They’ve got a ring on their home page saying “interest free payments” haven’t they always supposed to have been? The ring is £4000 which in itself is a huge joke considering what you can get on the dreaded high street for that amount of money, an even bigger joke is the fact there’s no picture, £4000 and no picture.

Latest posts

Back