QVC you are disgraceful at times.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MaryA

Registered Shopper
I've just seen the promo for the Cooks Essential compact oven, rotisserie, breadmaker. How can Q in all good faith sell a product which has such terrible reviews it only scores 1.9! Q should remember what the Q actually stands for. I am truly disgusted by their total lack of respect for their shoppers.

I've just seen the promo for the Cooks Essential compact oven, rotisserie, breadmaker. How can Q in all good faith sell a product which has such terrible reviews it only scores 1.9! Q should remember what the Q actually stands for. I am truly disgusted by their total lack of respect for their shoppers.

Funny u said that i saw it on air last nite and read the reviews and theres 30 odd 1 star reviews, and alot of the complaints are about design faults for instance only being able to use the rotisserie at 160 degrees, that would take for ever to cook a chicken.

The Q is in the business of making a profit, ergo it will attempt to sell a product at full price. before resorting to put it in clearance. If the quality isn't there, buyers will return it. If there are too many returns, it will send a message to the powers that be, that action needs to be taken. Customer reviews are based on various criteria; what one person may feel is a negative, may not bother another buyer. Reviews are subjective and, although it is worth taking time to read them, we all have to make our own mind up. The 30 day MBG allows us to order in the confidence that, should it not meet expectations, it can be sent back.

I agree with your view, not all QVC's customers have computers and able to read the reviews, so will buy the product in good faith and have to pay good money out to send it back...

Totally agree with you MaryA.
It's very easy to get 'sucked in' (which I do frequently) but you watch a presentation flogging garbage like this and you realise what they are really all about...........

I've just had a look at the reviews as a result of this post.

Common themes:- Rubbish, useless, extremely noisy, bread doesn't cook, toast doesn't brown (just get hard bread), instructions useless, shoddy construction, loose buttons, loose door, bits falling off, bits missing, doesn't get hot enough, can't switch it off (have to unplug from wall).

There, I've avoided others having to read 13 pages of reviews.

Always beware of "multi-function" all singing and dancing equipment of any kind, especially those that are 'cheap'. They can NEVER perform to perfection as there are too many things to go wrong.

When the opportunity arose years ago, I steered well clear of an "all-in-one" printer/fax /scanner, and settled for separate printer and scanner - both still working perfectly after 10 years !!!!!

I think its such a shame that when there is that much overwhelmingly negativity on a product,I think it should be taken off completely,and yet QVC continue to sell it.

I bought some of *janey's* lift and shape (?) pants ages ago and the reviews,including mine,were absolutely negative all round.I even put on my review that after reading all the reviews published,I was shocked QVC was still selling them.But Janey continues on QVC albeit with the same product but *improved* under another item number.....

like i say what do you expect them to do with the stock ?

no good business would throw stok away,if they sell it on it sill still end up with a consumer

what do they do with all there stock then , give it away ?

No... they should return all remaining stock to the supplier or, if it's their own brand, take a hit and remove the line from sale.

Continuing to sell something in the face of such negative product feedback is just underhanded... and bordering on false advertising when they are claiming one thing yet customer experience suggests otherwise.

With an established company, it should be all about building a longstanding relationship with your customers and not just about the latest sale!

Very, very poor!

I thought they had a cheek putting it on as a Hot Pick considering the dreadful reviews. Surely folk would read the reviews and steer well clear of the piece of carp it obviously is?

They obviously rely on those that don't use the internet! For example my nana is 92? 91? lol.Wouldn't have a clue about the internet...but she does watch QVC and mostly for the company.Luckily my nana thinks QVC is too expensive for her...but how many other unassuming OAP's (or anyone else) will purchase this item in good faith.....

Heck, we've all done it, haven't we?

Watched a presentation, got sucked in and picked up the phone... never really thinking to check the reviews online...well, I have anyway.

Whats the better in a few months they bring a "new and improved" version of this out, of course when that does happen they will happily list on air all of the faults of this model but until then nothing will be said.

I felt sorry for one reviewer who threw away the packaging before they realised how bad it was, so they have to keep it.

I think I would have returned it anyway. I concur with another poster; when any item is described as being 'multi functional', a bit like the washer/dryer, something has got to give. Generically, one is usually better advised to purchase the items individually. I'm trying to get this right here, but I don't think I have any multi purpose gadgets/machines. When all is considered, if each individual function was as effective as that offered by a one purpose machine, surely you would be charged a lot more? I suppose it's common sense, really. But it can be easy to be sucked in.

QVC may well be a business, but they bang on about the Q being quality and the V is value - on this alone they could be had up on the Trades Desc Act ! because lately their Quality and Value is falling far short of their global trademark !!!!

I wonder if their "quality controllers" are the same age as their buyers and the kids in the Gallery !!!!!

Latest posts

Back