Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Timmy on the rattan rockers says "just been told that incredibly we've less than 70 left." They're so busy and they're flying out the door, so he's pleading with folks to buy them now as they probably won't make it to the weekend.

Well considering Shaun was hailing they had less than 80 left on Tuesday, at the current rate i think we can confidently say they will be around for the weekend.

Timmy flogging Ultra Spin Mop, now saying he's never seen such a SEXY bucket. Sexy bucket, why would you describe a bucket as sexy, maybe practical, well designed, ingenious but SEXY? What the hell goes through the minds of these presenters. :unsure:

I would rub one out over that particular bucket. If I could see it. And no, I won't go to the website, as it is probably in meltdaahn.

Peter, along with the shyster, in full blown lying mode tonight.

Christophe Duchamp have existed over 20 years born in Mendrisio, he fell in love with them nearly 20 years ago when his dear late friend Andy Nolan acquired a Duchamp watch, they opened a UK office 5 years ago.:rolleyes:

Pretty good going for a company that was born in Woking in October 2020.

I don't know if Andy Nolan existed but if he did then it's pretty sick for Simon to be using his name in one of his lies.

Peter Simon off and running with his bullshit again.

Oh he has to wear gloves to handle the watches. :ROFLMAO:

They're not luxury watches Peter just Swiss Made quartz fashion watches, oh and although Aigner have Swiss made watches, Aigner are not Swiss they're German, they'll just have a Swiss watchmaker making their watches for them.

As usual with a new watch brand, they spent 3 years trying to get them on board😂🤣
As for being the most luxury brand they have ever sold🤔 I would put the Eterna watches as the best brand seen on IW🤫

As usual with a new watch brand, they spent 3 years trying to get them on board😂🤣
As for being the most luxury brand they have ever sold🤔 I would put the Eterna watches as the best brand seen on IW🤫

Although not featured in shows they had a Tag Heuer Monaco briefly on the web site for sale. It was about 4/5 years ago just after Jamie Martin took the reigns.

Well Wednesday's watch show should be interesting.

"TV collectables expert, Eric Knowles, joins Ideal World to bring you a selection of the finest collectable timepieces" :ROFLMAO:

By "finest collectable timepieces" IW actually mean a selection of affordable Chinese made watches featuring regurgitated brand names from Solar Time in Hong Kong.

Wonder what misleading bullshit he'll be feeding us.

Tell you one thing if Antiques Roadshow still exists in 50 years time and they feature watches you can bet your house on the fact that non of the "finest collectable timepieces" from Wednesday will ever feature in such a show.

I used to find him credible enough until he started to appear on Bargain Hunt. The farce of a show where they do it the wrong way round to not make a profit. The idea should be to film them buying at auction and then selling at antiques fairs etc…But no…purely for entertainment value they have the teams pay over the odds by buying from the trade on the high street and about nine times out of a ten, then make a loss at auction. With the exception of a few handfuls of real finds over the years, it would be more like ten times out of ten if they remembered as sellers at auction, the contestants should have to pay 20%/25% sellers fee for each lot to come off any small profits they do make.

Upside down head suited and booted in slightly posher mode (sic) to try punt Hatton coins - this time not a coronation coin but the anniversary of a coronation (Queen Elizabeth II) hot on the coattails of Charles coronation year. cant see them flying out the door but we all know there a lot of gullible folk out there.

What's next, a 'Haz wins' coin

Hattons of London were on today, but rather than selling via the Ideal World website, you had to go the Hattons of London Website. Guess it’s a bit like the Emma Matresses, Hattons pay IW for showing there goods

Then they perhaps should make it clearer than they do that they have absolutely nothing to do with the sale of the goods in terms of consumer rights. Still, nothing is ever clear with Ideal World on so many issues…Why would this be any different?

Upside down head suited and booted in slightly posher mode (sic) to try punt Hatton coins - this time not a coronation coin but the anniversary of a coronation (Queen Elizabeth II) hot on the coattails of Charles coronation year. cant see them flying out the door but we all know there a lot of gullible folk out there.

What's next, a 'Haz wins' coin
I did buy the coronation coin, but that’s it for me

OH GOD THERE'S A VIRTUAL SLOW-MOTION CAR CRASH HAPPENING ON IDEAL WORLD. RIGHT. NOW.

Someone has let Eric Knowles into the studio and he's now a main presenter with Jonathan as the 'watch expert'. THIS WILL ONLY END BADLY.

After messing up reading the 'ideal dot' website (OK we'll let him off doing that), Eric Knowles asks incredulously "Is NASA involved with this?" as Jonathan wheels out NASA-branded Nubeo tat; the answer of course is 'Yes' (oh dear). Eric still looks amazed as he's shown the watch: "Watches have moved on a long way in the past few years"...

Meanwhile Eric Knowles is getting confused over the watches they're going to show on camera...

Eric appears to be getting slowly better before making another minor mistake...oh this is becoming unwatchable...

One thing's for certain, unlike Simon Peters I feel sorry for Eric since he's obviously taken this gig thinking it would be a simple presentation job and being confronted with Jonathan and his selection of not-so-cheap tat has basically undone him to the point of telling anecdotes and reading out what the person in the production gallery's trying to tell him over his earpiece.

Latest posts

Back