Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are those memory foam mattresses they were showing last night a bit of a con along the lines of the bonded leather chairs?

I notice they don't actually describe them as being memory foam, just memory. And creepy guy who demos that stuff as well as the bonded chairs, said that the top part that is about 3 inches thick is memory foam, but the main thicker part is something else.

Is that how all memory foam mattresses are, or is this another instance where they are trying to pass something off as something it isn't?

There are lots of different types of mattress and the only real way is to try them out as best as you can. From what I've found out, having different types of foam can be a good thing because memory foam on its own can get too warm and often doesn't give good support for some people, hence salespeople talking about "air channels" and "different foam densities". Latex foam can apparently be even better but it's more expensive; do a search online for more information.

However the best combination seems to be a top layer of memory/latex foam (as long as it isn't too thin) with springs underneath; the springs giving solid base support with the top foam layer doing its job. Some mattresses like the widely-advertised Simba are even more complex in their construction. Traditional beds can still be fantastic so don't rule them out either.

Also you can't use an electric blanket with a memory foam mattress because the heat from the blanket is widespread whilst memory foam moulds according to the shape of the body and its heat.

mine is a silentnight pocket spring with top layer of latex , really comfy , the latex is about 5" thick

Sally and the models are doing the usual raptures about the trousers and tops they are wearing.
They look like they have just been rescued from a shipwreck and given some charity clothing to get home in.

so who is the May and Corbyn of the IW universe?

Mason is obviously Paul Nuttall...

There's at least 2 candidates for May, namely someone who's smartly-dressed, bossy, willing to lie, believing their own hype to the point of delusion...Genpleaseleave perhaps?

As for Corbyn, well if the "IW universe" includes Create and Craft it could be someone there who fits the bill but I'm not that familiar with Create and Craft's presenters apart from one or two of them.

Unbelievable. Irish guy who does some of the vacuum demo's is as big a bullhitter as the rest. He is showing a new Hoover which has a 2 hour run time supposedly.

This is the beginning of his pitch...."this is what we have been waiting for. Cordless vacuums are great, but they have a limited running time. They are great for when you want a quick run around with the vacuum"

This is the same guy who has been extolling the virtues of cordless vacs for months now and telling us how they are more than good enough as a replacement for a corded vac. Unreal.

Poo Poo Howard selling a sewing machine just now: "We were all moved by the events of this morning...this is a community resource..."

Yes, using a current tragedy just to sell something.

Poo Poo Howard selling a sewing machine just now: "We were all moved by the events of this morning...this is a community resource..."

Yes, using a current tragedy just to sell something.

that's really bad, what a sick little man he is

Interesting to see during this 60 minute Copper Glaze pan set hour that no price comparisons are being made. Maybe because on Amazon the same pan set is £27.99 (compared with IW price of £39.99. Though they do include 3 insulated dishes) and even better, the grey colour version is just £19.99 on Amazon. Sold by someone called the Deal Channel...any relation to ideal world?

IW are claiming a usual price of £74.98 :mysmilie_17:

Interesting to see during this 60 minute Copper Glaze pan set hour that no price comparisons are being made. Maybe because on Amazon the same pan set is £27.99 (compared with IW price of £39.99. Though they do include 3 insulated dishes) and even better, the grey colour version is just £19.99 on Amazon. Sold by someone called the Deal Channel...any relation to ideal world?

IW are claiming a usual price of £74.98 :mysmilie_17:

yep the deal channel does sell iw stuff, and funnily enough, I just bought the set at £19.99 from them which is a great price the p&p's a quid cheaper and you still get the Asda returns option which is good. Ok,no insulated dishes but to be fair I've no real need for them anyway!

yes its ideal world ,

The Deal Channel
Detailed Seller Information

Business Name:Ideal Shopping Direct Limited
Business Type:Limited
Trade Register Number:1534758
VAT Number:GB738164028
Business Address:
Ideal Home House
Newark Road
Peterborough
Cambridgeshire
PE1 5WG
GB

That hyper active serial killer-like toy demonstrator is so annoying. Shouting away that his cheap looking drone is as good as one costing over a grand. He was on with beak nose saying how she could have saved money by filming segments of her wedding with this drone instead of hiring one. This drone with the most unstable camera I have seen in a long time. What a chancer he is.

That hyper active serial killer-like toy demonstrator is so annoying. Shouting away that his cheap looking drone is as good as one costing over a grand. He was on with beak nose saying how she could have saved money by filming segments of her wedding with this drone instead of hiring one. This drone with the most unstable camera I have seen in a long time. What a chancer he is.

They had three pro drones on the show; the toy and the presenters :mysmilie_59:

Seriously, from what I did see of the show there was no warnings as to any legal flying restrictions and I'm sure that Richard was selling the drone's abilities to fly around objects, etc., as well. I'm not saying that they should issue disclaimers every five minutes but there should have been something like a passing mention of a "legal location for flying" under certain circumstances, especially as the drone sales pitch seemed to be aimed squarely at the novice.

No doubt that if anyone were to complain then Ideal World would just say that it was an "oversight" and that it "won't happen again" until the next time.

Man....I can't stomach watching that mattress demo bloke anymore. I swear he is so creepy, that he must be related to the child catcher and has kids locked up in his cellar.

Latest posts

Back