Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I take that 20% to mean, they have five and actually sold one.

I personally like the coffee show as it's something different, same for the 3d printer.

Yes! The % is a great smokescreen for what could well be tiny volumes of product.

I also agree that getting some different products makes for more interesting viewing.

My god that woman from GTECH has them well trained. She asked dirty Peter the same question about how long other handheld vacs last on one charge (ones that he had sold, she specifically asked) "errrr, 12 minutes......8 minutes" he spluttered. Same as shouty Paul had said.

I must get on to them about sending my Hoover one back to them in that case, as dirty Peter claimed it ran for 25 minutes when he demo'd it and I decided to buy it. That's 5 minutes longer than the GTECH by the way :)

She must be sitting them down before each show and putting a gun to their head, making sure they don't mention a runtime of better than 10-12 mins for other vacs

The leg master elite.............

Maybe just me, but anytime this hour is on its an instant turn off for me.

I mean Miss Jacks/xx is on at the moment and I have heard the stories before but who on earth wants to sit and listen to some story about someones mother who has "leaking accidents" right left and centre everytime they seem to move or speak!!! I feel like I know something I shouldnt and that doesnt sit well with me as a simple viewer.

Genuinely just seems really sad that a presenter is happy to use scenario's like this to make a sale, Personally I think some things in life should be kept behind closed doors, I just find it all really sad, not angry or upset or even blaming IW but all round its really not needed on a shopping TV channel.

All entitled to do what we want to say and do thats fair enough, just my humble take on it.

The leg master elite.............

Maybe just me, but anytime this hour is on its an instant turn off for me.

I mean Miss Jacks/xx is on at the moment and I have heard the stories before but who on earth wants to sit and listen to some story about someones mother who has "leaking accidents" right left and centre everytime they seem to move or speak!!! I feel like I know something I shouldnt and that doesnt sit well with me as a simple viewer.

Genuinely just seems really sad that a presenter is happy to use scenario's like this to make a sale, Personally I think some things in life should be kept behind closed doors, I just find it all really sad, not angry or upset or even blaming IW but all round its really not needed on a shopping TV channel.

All entitled to do what we want to say and do thats fair enough, just my humble take on it.

Wasn't Ellis legendary for talking about having little "accidents"? I don't recall the Legmaster presentations on QVC including such tales to generate sales, but these days who knows? Some guests on a number of selly telly channels seem to have no sense of shame and will expose themselves and their family and friends (fictional or otherwise) to ridicule with contrived stories which just happen to demonstrate the reason you need product X. Is it desperation to save their own jobs, or desperation to save the channel, or sheer shameless unscrupulousness to say or do whatever will get a sale?

Ahhhhh, 10pm and Nanty is on with the Activeon "action camera"........wait, hang on! How is that possible? Dirty Peter was showing it around 9 in the morning and begging people to order it then, as stock was flying out and 15% of the stock had already gone.

Now Nanty is telling us over 12 hours later, that 40% of the stock has gone. So stock flying out means that 25% was sold throughout the whole day? Hardly flying out, more like casually strolling, with breaks for a cup of tea every five minutes.

Ahhhhh, 10pm and Nanty is on with the Activeon "action camera"........wait, hang on! How is that possible? Dirty Peter was showing it around 9 in the morning and begging people to order it then, as stock was flying out and 15% of the stock had already gone.

Now Nanty is telling us over 12 hours later, that 40% of the stock has gone. So stock flying out means that 25% was sold throughout the whole day? Hardly flying out, more like casually strolling, with breaks for a cup of tea every five minutes.

I'm pretty sure that all of the talk about 'stock ' is a load of bull -does anyone really think that a lorry pulls up with a load of bonded leather chairs and the driver says 'ere's yer stock for the Thursday show guv !' ???
I don't think so !
Or that there's a warehouse where cartons of Raquel Welch wigs are vying for space with a pallet load of leg masters ?
'Move those Kinkades boys-we've got the bike boxes arriving any minute !'
It's all a load of rubbish !

Last edited:
Well if ever there was concrete proof that they lie about stock levels, I think this is as close as it gets......6pm today, blockbuster show, the same Activeon camera. So two days later they are still having shows featuring a camera that you should have snapped up immediately 48+ hours ago because stock was flying out, same with a show over 24 hours ago. They really do think their viewers are fools.

It's a watch show with Mike "Gollum" Mason and Kevski Reynolds that started with Kevski listing the countries "right round the world" where watches would be featured from, including countries such as Russia, Lithuania and...Bermuda. Yes, the fake Bermuda watch company with the very fake contact address was mentioned as a country from where those particular watches came from :mysmilie_59:

Also did my ears deceive me or was Lamborghini actually mentioned as the name of a country? :mysmilie_19:

It's a watch show with Mike "Gollum" Mason and Kevski Reynolds that started with Kevski listing the countries "right round the world" where watches would be featured from, including countries such as Russia, Lithuania and...Bermuda. Yes, the fake Bermuda watch company with the very fake contact address was mentioned as a country from where those particular watches came from :mysmilie_59:

Also did my ears deceive me or was Lamborghini actually mentioned as the name of a country? :mysmilie_19:

Ah, but don't forget "the gift of time is a gift that is very well received" or some other crappola spouted by Gollum. I shouted "shut up Gollum" at the TV, turned off and had an early night.

Regarding the Lamborghini comment, yeah he probably said it!

At least 4 times pervy Pete has said the vibrapower hiit is ""£37.50,saving £150 "".....but it's not £37.50,that's 4 payments of £37.50 on Flexi pay which has not been mentioned,....so how much longer can they get away with it..

I find it fascinating that in a world which is increasingly inclusive and where gender stereotypes are evaporating.... Selly telly (IW) still believe that people (they assume men) will only be available to purchase DIY equipment on a Sunday.

note: the POTD is Wagner with Craig Phillips.

There is a bike shop in Cardiff selling the same E-life Voyage bike which is being sold by baby Jane for £549.99..They call it a starter bike and sell it for £349,but as it is end of range,on sale, yours for £249.. She just said she traveled around Berlin with her partner on a bike....Yesterday it was Barcelona, me thinks she got her ""B's"" mixed up..

There is a bike shop in Cardiff selling the same E-life Voyage bike which is being sold by baby Jane for £549.99..They call it a starter bike and sell it for £349,but as it is end of range,on sale, yours for £249.. She just said she traveled around Berlin with her partner on a bike....Yesterday it was Barcelona, me thinks she got her ""B's"" mixed up..

Tweezle, either she failed her O Level Geography or she is telling "alternate facts" (or "non truths" - I'm trying to be polite and not use the word "lies").

I will leave you to be the judge of that...

Maybe its the mega high levels of Bullsh1t floating around the IW world studio that she just thinks of any city starting with a "B"..............Next week it will be Bangkok.

Just switched on to rent a gob presenting fashion,another word this dreadful presenter can't pronounce is Aubergine,rent a gob pronounced it orbergine,why IW continues to employ this dreadful presenter is beyond me.switched off after a minute as can't stand this presenters voice or manner of presenting.

Nothing but fashion and fitness today no thanks ideal world boring rubbish.

Well along with the vast amount of fitness equipment they already sell,I have just witnessed the new Aquatube.Was £99 .Now £49.99.Looks like IW is going to be THE fitness channel.This tube is a bit steep for a plastic pipe with handles.Shaun of course is a fan and I'm not sure as tuned in late,but did I see his mam?

2017-07-11-18-03-15--222399380.jpeg

That warehouse must be chockablock.

Well along with the vast amount of fitness equipment they already sell,I have just witnessed the new Aquatube.Was £99 .Now £49.99.Looks like IW is going to be THE fitness channel.This tube is a bit steep for a plastic pipe with handles.Shaun of course is a fan and I'm not sure as tuned in late,but did I see his mam?

View attachment 14286

That warehouse must be chockablock.

Naaaah, they have been flying out!:mysmilie_17:

Maybe his mam will come on and demonstrate the water tube, seriously though who in there right might would buy that bullshine fitness carp that someone has thought up and no doubt making a money from i apologise in advance to anyone who has bought it of course.:mysmilie_1:

Latest posts

Back