Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched the Archos ‘show’ last night. I actually thought it wasn’t that bad of a deal for a 11.6” Android 7 Tablet although I agree that the cameras and screen resolution are very low end.

I found a review of the tablet and it was only launched in October 2017. I think I’d rather shell out £120 on this device than £390 on one of Jukebox Janice’s Antique iPad’s with Cobwebs.

Better still, I think I’ll give both of them a miss :mysmilie_59:

https://www.pdevice.com/product/archos-116-neon-price-specs

View attachment 14931

Once had an Archos-made smartphone; it was fine apart from the rear camera which was absolute rubbish, though tablet cameras are usually rubbish anyway.

Anyway, during that tablet show they showed a large countdown clock but that was only counting down to the end of the show at 8pm not when the offer expired (an hour after the show finished), which was rather cheeky of them. Also they kept playing the sound of a loudly-ticking clock along with a "whoop-whoop" siren; not quite the ear-splitting klaxon Bid TV used to use but certainly designed to try to hurry up potential purchasers.

Don't forget to check out your baskets! :mysmilie_59:

I find it absolutely cringeworthy when Berque starts screaming at things. You know how certain actors or comedians can be loud and it kinda works (though it's no really my thing) when he does it, it feels so wrong, like he is trying to be loud and outrageous, when really he isn't. It's all a bit forced for my liking.

Just seen Gollum on, practically begging people to buy the "astonishing" STK phone. The phone and website were going bonkers of course!!

Still there on the website today....still in stock, shock horror. And with 14 reviews and an average of 1.5 stars out of 5. What an amazing phone and I'm sure if you bought it as a gift for someone for Christmas, they would love you forever :mysmilie_14:

I was watching Gollum last night on the Watch show. At one stage he was flogging the Justice League Watch collection for a mere £1295, he said they had only 5 left. A little later he said they were flying out. At the end of the show he said, if everyone who had them in their baskets checked them out, there would only be one left. Yep, they were really flying out. How could anybody miss out on such a bargain?

It's official, Irish fella lives in a derelict/haunted house. On the repeat show with his snake oil physics, saying how with your normal radiators you have to wait an hour for them to heat up and listen to the pipes banging etc. I mean what??? I know I have said it before, but does anybody here have banging pipes when they put the central heating on? Even if they do, would it stop you putting the heating on?

It's official, Irish fella lives in a derelict/haunted house. On the repeat show with his snake oil physics, saying how with your normal radiators you have to wait an hour for them to heat up and listen to the pipes banging etc. I mean what??? I know I have said it before, but does anybody here have banging pipes when they put the central heating on? Even if they do, would it stop you putting the heating on?

They'll say anything to peddle those ****** overpriced over rated radiators.

A few nights ago Simon was saying how he woke up freezing cold one night and had to get up and put the central heating on. Well Peter, all you have to do is buy yourself a ceramic radiator from the company you work for, you know, the one you lot keep telling us all how economical they are to run. So use your brains and get one ASAP. I mean, it's a 2000 watt heater for only around £250 on one of IW's special blockbuster deals.

Just seen Gollum on, practically begging people to buy the "astonishing" STK phone. The phone and website were going bonkers of course!!

Still there on the website today....still in stock, shock horror. And with 14 reviews and an average of 1.5 stars out of 5. What an amazing phone and I'm sure if you bought it as a gift for someone for Christmas, they would love you forever :mysmilie_14:

Just been looking at the reviews on that phone. What a Dog, only 512mb of ram. This is the Phone that PS said had a standby time of 300 hours (12 1/2 days) but it appears the battery lasts just a few hours only.

They'll say anything to peddle those ****** overpriced over rated radiators.

A few nights ago Simon was saying how he woke up freezing cold one night and had to get up and put the central heating on. Well Peter, all you have to do is buy yourself a ceramic radiator from the company you work for, you know, the one you lot keep telling us all how economical they are to run. So use your brains and get one ASAP. I mean, it's a 2000 watt heater for only around £250 on one of IW's special blockbuster deals.

I have seen Sally for the past couple of days opening her hours with her coat on, saying how cold she is and that the forecast is going to be -10 over the weekend. Well not in my neck of the woods it's not and nor anytime soon either.

Oh and the coat she wears is not one IW have ever sold, despite her and her fellow fibbers buying all the coats in every show.

The advertising videos are really ruining my experience on this site lately. They keep popping up at random and forcing my screen to scroll up to it (it even did it as I typed this)

Genevieve's intro to the heating hour at 8pm, included her quite literally walking in from the cold.... just to show us all how cold it is. We couldn't ascertain that...due to it being December tomorrow.

Words of wisdom from Genpleaseleave when shilling the ripoff heater :-

‘You can’t overheat a room but you can underheat a room’. Profound.

On another subject I notice that among the ‘4.5/5 Star Reviews’ for the ancient iPad 3 it seems that Ideal World think it appropriate to include multiple reviews for the iPad 4, a vastly superior device. Just look from page 3 onwards.

And I also can’t see any mention that it can only run an old operating system (it’s not even the previous operating system but the one before that!).

Shysters :down:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/apple-ipad-3-64gb-wifi-3g-certified-refurbished-with-bluetooth-keyboard-ibeani-tablet-stand-440166?query=fh_view_size%3d24%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fidealworld%252fen_GB%252f%2524s%253dipad%26fh_sort%3d-_match_rate%252c-onair_iw%252c-hasimage_iw%252c-salescash_iw%252c-stock_iw%252c-average_overall_rating_iw

One of my biggest beefs lately is them saying how amazing something is, and to "just buy it" or Gollum excitedly watching the drone, shouting how he "wants one" but not actually ordering one. But we are all apparently unable to live happy fulfilled lives unless we buy some of the junk they peddle.

The presenters should be forced to either show us them ordering something for themselves, or proving they already own it. You can't bang on at viewers about how you can't live without something, or to buy 2 or 3 of something while it is cheap....insinuating it is almost essential, but not actually want it yourself. It makes you look like a shyster and a twot.

obviously there is something uneasy about most/all of the hours they do... but especially so with the toy shows as they are preying on children and the fears of their parents.

I understand that it can be argued that many of the toys they shill are timeless as such, so it shouldn't matter that they are the same ones as ten years ago.... but they are literally at least ten years old. At least update the products themselves somewhat.

also this skinn hour... Hayley has spent 90% of the time trying to convince me how popular the product is worldwide, rather than what it actually does.

One of my biggest beefs lately is them saying how amazing something is, and to "just buy it" or Gollum excitedly watching the drone, shouting how he "wants one" but not actually ordering one. But we are all apparently unable to live happy fulfilled lives unless we buy some of the junk they peddle.

The presenters should be forced to either show us them ordering something for themselves, or proving they already own it. You can't bang on at viewers about how you can't live without something, or to buy 2 or 3 of something while it is cheap....insinuating it is almost essential, but not actually want it yourself. It makes you look like a shyster and a twot.

A presenter ordering a product via phone during a live broadcast was actually shown on Bid TV I think (Ideal World as well?), though if you think about it they would have to divulge payment card details whilst doing so therefore keeping those details secret would be really tricky unless they showed something else instead during that part of the transaction. I have heard a shopping TV presenter say that they are forbidden from ordering live on-air but no reason was given.

Also Paul 'Shreque' Becque has said that he has bought a particular product and posted pictures on Facebook of him with the product in question, but he appears to be an exception. And has no taste :mysmilie_14:

A presenter ordering a product via phone during a live broadcast was actually shown on Bid TV I think (Ideal World as well?), though if you think about it they would have to divulge payment card details whilst doing so therefore keeping those details secret would be really tricky unless they showed something else instead during that part of the transaction. I have heard a shopping TV presenter say that they are forbidden from ordering live on-air but no reason was given.

Also Paul 'Shreque' Becque has said that he has bought a particular product and posted pictures on Facebook of him with the product in question, but he appears to be an exception. And has no taste :mysmilie_14:

Presenters falsely claiming to have purchased the product they are demonstrating comes as easily to them as breathing.

Honestly, I wouldn't even believe that. It's not hard to imagine the presenters don't get offered (or lent) free samples to use themselves for publicity purposes. The simplest approach to this channel is to assume EVERYTHING is misleading.

ipads are back arrrrggghhh £509.96 for a iPad 3 , hang on its 30% off that makes it £362 , they have been selling them for £369 for months , they would give Del Boy a run for his money

I think he was the one on bid that would buy the products on air too.

Latest posts

Back