Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a bit upset they still insist on using peter ''most uninteresting man in the world'' vol-au-vent to shill their radiators and not Belgian ''it's not magic, it's technology'' Peter from previous years.

I don't fully understand the pseudo-science behind them, but I have a feeling that the IW radiator demo is not on the up & up. Why not put the heat gun next to the actual radiator instead of a cut out section of it.

Yeah I saw him and couldn't quite believe it. But then I did catch a glimpse of him on Shopping Nation where he was helping to flog aids tests :mysmilie_11:

He does look uncomfortable presenting on IW, but then this guy has been quite famous and acted in some popular shows. He must be wondering where it all went wrong? He is a good looking chap so surely there are better opportunities than this out there?

edit; ugh, just read on the QVC section that Julian Ballantyne is presenting on IW this weekend. The grim reaper of shopping channels, and then the invisible man when it comes to responding to customers worried about whether orders will be fulfilled. And his fake accent...he is supposed to be from Salford isn't he?

They sold aids tests on tv?

There’s such an elegant ‘show’ on right now.

These beautiful rings look so classy on Sally Jacks’ fake tan stained claws :mysmilie_59:

C2877184-A086-41D1-8507-07D61DDD062F.jpg052656F5-5292-48C6-9E21-07631B57A2DA.jpg511AE25B-9A81-46A5-A7D2-64897D3EF3F8.jpg

were they not 1,777th before? I wonder who has been worse lately haha

They seem to bounce between 1,776th and 1,777th out of 1,778.

It doesn’t inspire confidence does it?

What a positively appalling customer satisfaction record :mysmilie_13:

They seem to bounce between 1,776th and 1,777th out of 1,778.

It doesn’t inspire confidence does it?

What a positively appalling customer satisfaction record :mysmilie_13:

i'm amazed they are still allowing themselves to be on there (I don't know how it works, I must admit)

Wirral, I'm sorry I missed that classy show (or I could be lying...)

You didn’t miss much Mutts, predictably it was excruciating.

Tom Fake (who is possibly the only person capable of making Kevin Reynolds appear credible) liberally used such terminology as ‘De Beers’ and ‘Tiffany’. He seemed far less reluctant to use terminology such as ‘artificial’ and ‘man made’.

Whatever happened to Charles & Colvard being the only worldwide supplier of Moissanite? This was ‘no name’ Mozzy.

They used to always boast about that :mysmilie_59:

I've come to the conclusion that there is no point whatsoever in this channel...I suppose this could extend to shopping channels in general, however I'm picking on this one because they sell a lot of "low end" tat and charge the earth for it eg, shonky watches made in the far east, toy bundles that consist of items you can buy in any budget retailer and actually pick and choose what you want, and then of course there's all the awful clothes! Then they've got the regular mid range stuff...I mean why wouldn't you go to Argos? Out of date tech that you can buy on Amazon and Ebay for £££'s cheaper..then ridiculous rip off stuff like those radiators. The presenters are unpleasant, and what's more they're not even entertaining to watch. Suprised they're still in business!

Tom Fake (who is possibly the only person capable of making Kevin Reynolds appear credible) liberally used such terminology as ‘De Beers’ and ‘Tiffany’. He seemed far less reluctant to use terminology such as ‘artificial’ and ‘man made’.

Whatever happened to Charles & Colvard being the only worldwide supplier of Moissanite? This was ‘no name’ Mozzy.

I watched for a while out of curiosity to see if they would mention C&C and they eventually did, but they weren't pushing it.

Did you know that the gems "inhale light"?

Here’s a classic slice of Peter Simon gibberish from last night’s DeLorean show (speaking about one of the endless limited edition watches): "You’ll be one of, well, in these cases, 300 men in the world to own one. You won’t see another man with one, unless you were lucky to bump into them on the street." :smirk:

Tom Fake didn’t comment on this unlikely scenario, but I imagine he would have said something like, "This would certainly be a providential moment for both gentlemen, and a breathtaking fusion of two identical classic timepieces."

Talking of gibberish , there was an old geezer co-presenting mattresses with Peter the other night ( it wasn't Creepy ) who said that since he had switched to the memory foam he had lost weight because he was no longer tired during the day and was therefore consuming less sugar.
Peter appeared galvanised at hearing this and you could see the wheels turning as he wished that he had thought of that !

I watched for a while out of curiosity to see if they would mention C&C and they eventually did, but they weren't pushing it.

Did you know that the gems "inhale light"?

Ah yes I heard the ‘inhale light’ line, jeez.

Tom Fake Flake Frake comes across as super shonky so he’s perfect for purpose.

I do personally feel if anyone could be bothered to complain (I can’t) they could easily be censured by the ASA over these sales. They more than imply these man made stones come from the heavens.

This really is an appalling channel at it’s appalling worst :mysmilie_59:

Talking of gibberish , there was an old geezer co-presenting mattresses with Peter the other night ( it wasn't Creepy ) who said that since he had switched to the memory foam he had lost weight because he was no longer tired during the day and was therefore consuming less sugar.
Peter appeared galvanised at hearing this and you could see the wheels turning as he wished that he had thought of that !

The old geezer in question is the dreadful Gary ‘Pee Pee’ Schaffer and much like his friend Creepy Crawley he ‘just luuuuuvs’ luxury. He’s like Howard Griffiths in 3-5 years time.

He appears to be an occasional Garden Architect, an occasional Art Afficiando but mostly yet another aging, effeminate shill.

Even by their low standards they’ve scraped the barrel here :mysmilie_59:

34B19618-610F-4991-84CF-8A15FB5A36F0.jpg

I had that hour on in the background, it was embarrassing.

He was using big words for the sake of using big words. No real substance behind them, just manipulating the notion that he must know what he is talking about because he is saying them.

Interestingly his title card at the start of the hour (and he himself went on to explain at length) had 'ajp gia' next to his name, which I believe is the qualification that gems tv/gemporia presenters tend to have.

In defense of Sally Jaxx, she did say at the end of the hour that she was dying to bring up the state of her spray tanned hands.

But that Tom Frake is simply a walking bullshit machine, which on this channel... takes some doing.

I had that hour on in the background, it was embarrassing.

He was using big words for the sake of using big words. No real substance behind them, just manipulating the notion that he must know what he is talking about because he is saying them.

Interestingly his title card at the start of the hour (and he himself went on to explain at length) had 'ajp gia' next to his name, which I believe is the qualification that gems tv/gemporia presenters tend to have.

In defense of Sally Jaxx, she did say at the end of the hour that she was dying to bring up the state of her spray tanned hands.

But that Tom Frake is simply a walking bullshit machine, which on this channel... takes some doing.

Of course Tom Frake, like it seems most people connected to Ideal World, used to work for Bid TV.

So I guess it’s in his wiring to be a schlock :mysmilie_59:

Of course Tom Frake, like it seems most people connected to Ideal World, used to work for Bid TV.

So I guess it’s in his wiring to be a schlock :mysmilie_59:

is Moissanite a real or fake diamond? because he was certainly talking about it like it was as real as anything that ever existed. Of course I'll apologise if it is real and he is well within his rights to do so. I was just under the impression it was their equivalent of diamonique or diamontaire.

On a personal level I admire that Andy Hodgeson is willing to give his mates and mates of mates, paydays on the channel.... but is that really wise when 99% of the connections are from failed enterprises where the **** sticks.

Peter ''most uninteresting man in the world'' vol-au-vent must have been jumping for joy when Janice left, as he is always getting his face on camera.

Latest posts

Back