Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder how long this report would last on the I/W or FB page? Still a good review though, and well done to the reviewer for the comprehensive and honest feedback.

And they have the nerve to call it a professional drone.

The so called HD video on these drones is the worst I've ever seen, doesn't even look as good as SD video.

200 quid for a cordless mower.
£180 worth of batteries apparently :mysmilie_19:
#nothanks

Last edited:
The STK phone is back at lowest ever price again at £79.99.

Haven't we seen it before at £69.99?

Very strange!!

Peter Volauvent and Peter Simon were bumbling through the Alcatel phone presentation the other day-the Pope was carrying on as though no one had heard of a smartphone before ' ....'ow technology 'as moved on ...yer photos yer Facebook yer recipes all in the palm of yer 'and !!'
It's why I love Ideal World .

Just heard this little gem from Dirty Pete flogging the Wagner paint sprayer.

He said "ladies, you don't need a man around, you can do this yourself"

Nice to know blatant sexism exists on Ideal World!

Where's the ex floor manager turned tech expert lately? Peter Volauvant is about as expert as me, in fact, I think I would be better. Him and Peter Pieman were excrutiatingly bad last night with the Tablet. I was so embarassed for them but Pieman said that the Tablet was such a success in the first hour, that they were doing an extra hour! (It was already penned in on the planner that it was a two hour show though) Two hours when you know nothing to very little about the product, must seem like a day!

My toes are still curled up with the cringeness of it all :mysmilie_17:

Switched on at 5 & Loud Mouth Jacks was presenting fashion,wish someone would pull this dreadful presenter up on her pronunciation of certain words,the word ridiculous was pronounced by Foghorn Jacks as rid un culouse,I can’t understand IW mentality continuing to employ this terrible presenter,then She said she’d been talking to the model about having a baby and what it’s done to her waist line,her child is nearly school age.

Where's the ex floor manager turned tech expert lately? Peter Volauvant is about as expert as me, in fact, I think I would be better. Him and Peter Pieman were excrutiatingly bad last night with the Tablet. I was so embarassed for them but Pieman said that the Tablet was such a success in the first hour, that they were doing an extra hour! (It was already penned in on the planner that it was a two hour show though) Two hours when you know nothing to very little about the product, must seem like a day!

My toes are still curled up with the cringeness of it all :mysmilie_17:

I bet they went to an endless stream of video packages of other people talking about the product, to compensate for their lack of expertise and abundance of nonsense.

Switched on at 5 & Loud Mouth Jacks was presenting fashion,wish someone would pull this dreadful presenter up on her pronunciation of certain words,the word ridiculous was pronounced by Foghorn Jacks as rid un culouse,I can’t understand IW mentality continuing to employ this terrible presenter,then She said she’d been talking to the model about having a baby and what it’s done to her waist line,her child is nearly school age.

She must have said "ridonculous" ... to try and seem hip, to the hip replacement audience they target.

Caught the tail end of the RCA tablet hour (repeat from the day before) with their "expert" and Dirty Peter. DP was getting all excited about how this tablet could do so many amazing things, and that it was selling so quickly that you needed to checkout your baskets as it wouldn't be there the next day.

See live show the next day with crab hands getting equally excited about how this tablet could do some things that her one that cost hundreds of pounds couldn't do....uh huh, and that they had now sold 45% of the stock. 45% 24 hours later from when DP claimed it was almost sold out. Hmmmmmm

So funny though with the vacuum cleaner expert - sorry tech expert :mysmilie_19: talking about what this tablet could do. Just like with mobile phones, the audience apparently has no idea how this technology works that has been around for how many years now?

And they kept referring to it having an HD screen, but it's HD ready, not full HD. And for a 10 inch tablet that really isn't up to scratch at all. Plus like the iPads they sell, it is running an ancient version of the firmware. No one points out that you can't update it to the latest firmware of course. It will just be a nice surprise when you go to the Google Store and it tells you your device isn't compatible. Charlatans!!!!

I bet they went to an endless stream of video packages of other people talking about the product, to compensate for their lack of expertise and abundance of nonsense.

Oh of course, plus a few 'gags' were thrown in to pad out time, they even sat on a couple of chairs in a mock waiting room of sorts to show how you could take your tablet along to kill time! I was just waiting on some useful info on it, maybe just what the battery life was but no!

Oh of course, plus a few 'gags' were thrown in to pad out time, they even sat on a couple of chairs in a mock waiting room of sorts to show how you could take your tablet along to kill time! I was just waiting on some useful info on it, maybe just what the battery life was but no!

We both know that Peter Vol au vent is no more a tech expert than anyone else who was given a product to play around with for 10 minutes and then told to go out and sell it on supposed charm, banter and anything except actual knowledge.

We both know that Peter Vol au vent is no more a tech expert than anyone else who was given a product to play around with for 10 minutes and then told to go out and sell it on supposed charm, banter and anything except actual knowledge.

Jeeez, I thought Janice was bad, but the Vol au vent bloke is far worse! Still use the same old line, - where's Janice, oops where's Peter? I know where I would like him to be!

Jeeez, I thought Janice was bad, but the Vol au vent bloke is far worse! Still use the same old line, - where's Janice, oops where's Peter? I know where I would like him to be!

I worried this would happen, people would get nostalgic for Janice lol

I worried this would happen, people would get nostalgic for Janice lol

To be fair, I'm glad she has gone / left / pushed / sacked? But any credibility she may have had disappeared as far as I am concerned when she was happy to tell us what she had done blah blah blah, but didn't mention the tat being flogged was 5 year old out of date ipads, and the crappy smartphones, which I cant even remember the name of as they were so forgettable!
Her replacement Peter Vollockbreff is far worse. It's car crash telly at its best. It reminds me how bad bid was before they went belly up, perhaps I/W are going the same way, hopefully!

To be fair, I'm glad she has gone / left / pushed / sacked? But any credibility she may have had disappeared as far as I am concerned when she was happy to tell us what she had done blah blah blah, but didn't mention the tat being flogged was 5 year old out of date ipads, and the crappy smartphones, which I cant even remember the name of as they were so forgettable!
Her replacement Peter Vollockbreff is far worse. It's car crash telly at its best. It reminds me how bad bid was before they went belly up, perhaps I/W are going the same way, hopefully!

In my opinion Janice was no more a tech expert than anyone else, but at least they were clever enough to minimise the times they would have her show anything but tech.. so it at least gave the appearance she was their legit tech expert.

They make no effort to conceal the notion that Vol au vent will shill anything to get his face on the telly, but in fairness to him, surely it must save money by them just using someone they already have.

It really winds me up no end how they pass off old tech as being new. Technology advances quickly enough as it is, without them flogging stuff that is already well out of date.

Latest posts

Back