Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here is a review from IW's web site about the above mentioned watch.

Nice watch
24 September 2019
Purchased this timepiece recently more as an investment rather than to wear it.Its not really "my thing" but it feels of a pretty nice quality,the movement hand winds nicely and the blue leather strap is beautifully supple.Cant believe that collectors haven't snapped these up due to the very rare Swiss movement.Item is nicely packaged in a classy presentation box with all the relevant certification.For what I paid for it,a genuine steal.

Well, I guess some people are easily pleased!

And as for an investment, yes I'm sure in the future there will be plenty of people who'll want to snap up this piece, just like they would a very rare Rolex. :mysmilie_17:

Did anyone notice the one watch ( I think it was called a Ferrari ) that said Made In Germany on the dial, but had a Miyota movement? German, really!

Well Simon said that last night's show was, "Probably the best watch show in the world"!!! :mysmilie_19:

Here is a review from IW's web site about the above mentioned watch.

Nice watch
24 September 2019
Purchased this timepiece recently more as an investment rather than to wear it.Its not really "my thing" but it feels of a pretty nice quality,the movement hand winds nicely and the blue leather strap is beautifully supple.Cant believe that collectors haven't snapped these up due to the very rare Swiss movement.Item is nicely packaged in a classy presentation box with all the relevant certification.For what I paid for it,a genuine steal.

Well, I guess some people are easily pleased!

And as for an investment, yes I'm sure in the future there will be plenty of people who'll want to snap up this piece, just like they would a very rare Rolex. :mysmilie_17:

Did anyone notice the one watch ( I think it was called a Ferrari ) that said Made In Germany on the dial, but had a Miyota movement? German, really!

Well Simon said that last night's show was, "Probably the best watch show in the world"!!! :mysmilie_19:

My God! What is the matter with people? Investment? Full price is only £500 - that's a lot of money don't get me wrong, and maybe buying it for just over half price is a good saving but imvho it's still a lot of money to pay for a watch with such questionable credentials, especially if they don't even intend to wear it! The big players in the luxury watch market charge thousands! As for "not my thing" that's just nuts -I wouldn't spend a tenner on something I didn't like let alone a couple of hundred, unless of course I was buying it for someone else whom I know would like it! Obviously people are actually being taken in by all the bs that the presenters come out with...takes all sorts I guess!

My God! What is the matter with people? Investment? Full price is only £500 - that's a lot of money don't get me wrong, and maybe buying it for just over half price is a good saving but imvho it's still a lot of money to pay for a watch with such questionable credentials, especially if they don't even intend to wear it! The big players in the luxury watch market charge thousands! As for "not my thing" that's just nuts -I wouldn't spend a tenner on something I didn't like let alone a couple of hundred, unless of course I was buying it for someone else whom I know would like it! Obviously people are actually being taken in by all the bs that the presenters come out with...takes all sorts I guess!

You know, on one of Simon's watch shows a couple of weeks ago, with the one watch he showed, he said "Even if you don't want it, buy it"!! He must know that he really has a lot of mugs watching.

The amount of airtime given to them tells us there must be a market for all these emerging 'luxury' brand wristwatches? Lord knows who buys them, but somebody must?

Great show tonight.

The Energia, exclusive and new to ideal World, only stock in the world 30 in total, launch brought forward from Easter next year (the official launch date) by Igor specially for tonight's show. What a load of rubbish.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/vos...elet-interchangeable-strap-and-dry-box-495849

Suppose nobody told Amazon they shouldn't be selling this watch, technically not amazon but market place from Germany, but still shows what utter tripe is being spewed out by Ideal world. And if you're a prime member it's quicker and slightly cheaper from amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VDJST26/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Great show tonight.

The Energia, exclusive and new to ideal World, only stock in the world 30 in total, launch brought forward from Easter next year (the official launch date) by Igor specially for tonight's show. What a load of rubbish.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/vos...elet-interchangeable-strap-and-dry-box-495849

Suppose nobody told Amazon they shouldn't be selling this watch, technically not amazon but market place from Germany, but still shows what utter tripe is being spewed out by Ideal world. And if you're a prime member it's quicker and slightly cheaper from amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07VDJST26/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Over £700 for a watch with an entry level Seiko NH35 movement. You've gotta be shitting me!!

Anyway, the Energia has been out for ages.

Over £700 for a watch with an entry level Seiko NH35 movement. You've gotta be shitting me!!

Anyway, the Energia has been out for ages.

To be fair the NH35 is a workhorse and the ones in my collection all keep excellent time but, as you say, they are budget movements and can be had for less than £25 on Aliexpress. The Invicta Pro-Diver which has been mentioned before on this thread has one and they can be had for comfortably less than £100.

Also mineral glass in this monstrosity and I doubt very much the bezel is ceramic.

Honestly the level of deception and half-truths/outright falsehoods involved in these watch shows is staggering.

To be fair the NH35 is a workhorse and the ones in my collection all keep excellent time but, as you say, they are budget movements and can be had for less than £25 on Aliexpress. The Invicta Pro-Diver which has been mentioned before on this thread has one and they can be had for comfortably less than £100.

Also mineral glass in this monstrosity and I doubt very much the bezel is ceramic.

Honestly the level of deception and half-truths/outright falsehoods involved in these watch shows is staggering.

I agree, the NH35 is a solid movement, but a watch at that price should have a higher grade one.

I was watching Jody (Just one more watch on youtube) and he said a particular watch he was reviewing at $499 dollars, should have had a better movement than the NH35 which it had.

This delightful message is to be found at the top of Simon Iles' Twitter page: "Shine so bright that it burns their f**kin eyes"

I imagine this quote relates to his supposed 'talent' in demonstrating products on a tacky shopping channel, rather than some hidden (and worthwhile) ability that the viewers know nothing about. The hubris and delusion reflected in this quote is really quite staggering. Whether it's his Blue Magic carpet spill performance, or his virtuoso cordless vacuum recital, there is zero possibility of anyone being bowled over by this oh-so bland cleaning 'expert'.

This delightful message is to be found at the top of Simon Iles' Twitter page: "Shine so bright that it burns their f**kin eyes"

I imagine this quote relates to his supposed 'talent' in demonstrating products on a tacky shopping channel, rather than some hidden (and worthwhile) ability that the viewers know nothing about. The hubris and delusion reflected in this quote is really quite staggering. Whether it's his Blue Magic carpet spill performance, or his virtuoso cordless vacuum recital, there is zero possibility of anyone being bowled over by this oh-so bland cleaning 'expert'.

He needs to grow up.......

Well it's the turn of the Female viewers to be duped and lied too, more high quality watches from Karen Millen, they can't believe the price, brand with long heritage, luxury watches. :mysmilie_17:

I can easily believe the price, made in China, with the cheapest Seiko quartz movements on the market. Both the PC10 & PC21 can be bought for well under a fiver in bulk.

Watched a wee bit of Martin C, last night, the usual, looks as good as watches in the 2/3 thousand range, I need some of what he's drinking.:mysmilie_3:

As well as drinking I think Martic C must be on drugs, commenting on a Swiss Military Nautila, which is a sub £200 watches, quartz, IP plated gold finish, and only 100 mtr water resistant, he says "when I look at that Mike, hand on heart, I would think someone is wearing a very famous watch brand that would normally cost in excess of 10 to 15 grand at least, because the design and the aesthetics are not that dissimilar." The boy is in cloud cuckoo land.:mysmilie_17:

Now Nowt wrong with Swiss Military watches, good solid watches, but lets have a bit of reality here, it has a Ronda 512, which can be bought for £8, they are a basic Swiss watch brand, Like Wenger et al, they wouldn't even be classed with the likes of Tissot, Hamilton, Mido, Victorinox, R.Weil, Roamer and a whole host of others in the Entry Level Swiss Luxury Brands class, let alone be classed with the luxury Brands as Martin.C has done.

I was dipping in and out of the show so may be mistaken on the actual model, but I think it was the gold SM Did anyone else notice that the sweep hand wasn't working? Was this some feature I don't know about or was it bust?

As well as drinking I think Martic C must be on drugs, commenting on a Swiss Military Nautila, which is a sub £200 watches, quartz, IP plated gold finish, and only 100 mtr water resistant, he says "when I look at that Mike, hand on heart, I would think someone is wearing a very famous watch brand that would normally cost in excess of 10 to 15 grand at least, because the design and the aesthetics are not that dissimilar." The boy is in cloud cuckoo land.:mysmilie_17:

Now Nowt wrong with Swiss Military watches, good solid watches, but lets have a bit of reality here, it has a Ronda 512, which can be bought for £8, they are a basic Swiss watch brand, Like Wenger et al, they wouldn't even be classed with the likes of Tissot, Hamilton, Mido, Victorinox, R.Weil, Roamer and a whole host of others in the Entry Level Swiss Luxury Brands class, let alone be classed with the luxury Brands as Martin.C has done.

And I thought Martin was one of the better presenters as well. Though actually he still is, even if he's inevitably now infected with the overexaggeration virus that has slowly destroyed the reputations (if indeed they had a 'reputation' in the first place) of all Ideal World presenters :mysmilie_59:

And I thought Martin was one of the better presenters as well. Though actually he still is, even if he's inevitably now infected with the overexaggeration virus that has slowly destroyed the reputations (if indeed they had a 'reputation' in the first place) of all Ideal World presenters :mysmilie_59:

I think when he was mainly doing actual watchmaking brands, Swiss Military, Roamer he wasn't so bad, the only real complaint I had against him was his constant plugging of Swiss Military's Swiss Confederation Certificate (which most Swiss brand don't bother with, they're own reputation is enough, and you are not just awarded it, you have to pay to get it) but since he's added a whole host of fashion brands to his portfolio, he's gone down hill, I suppose you have to over exaggerate to make your everyday, bog standard, high street watches sound special to get the ill informed watch collectors, that Ideal world seems to attract, to add them to their collections.
Although IW actual presenters, Simon, Mason etc have always been over the top, like yourself, I've felt a few of their guest presenters were not too bad, but have to say over the past year they have all deteriorated, they are all guilty of over exaggeration, misinformation and at times in total collusion with the utter lies regarding some of watches & brands that the IW presenters spout. For me only Reynolds holds any small piece of credibility, for the simple fact that he does give more technical details about the watches than the others, but this is spoilt by the stupid double act he has with P Simon. None of the rest have any credibility left, whatever little they had to start with has truly gone now.

I was dipping in and out of the show so may be mistaken on the actual model, but I think it was the gold SM Did anyone else notice that the sweep hand wasn't working? Was this some feature I don't know about or was it bust?

The Gold SM i saw was working, only complaint i would have is the seconds hand wasn't hitting the markers. I did notice when they were showing the SM chronos, that some of them had the chrono function running and some weren't, so maybe that's what you were seeing.

The Gold SM i saw was working, only complaint i would have is the seconds hand wasn't hitting the markers. I did notice when they were showing the SM chronos, that some of them had the chrono function running and some weren't, so maybe that's what you were seeing.

You're probably right re the chrono, I was watching another channel and dipping in and out during the ad breaks.

I had to smile at Mikey boy when he saw that humungus Police watch. He asked the viewers not to buy one because he didn't want it to sell out before he had the chance to snag one for himself.

The lies never stop!

I had to smile at Mikey boy when he saw that humungus Police watch. He asked the viewers not to buy one because he didn't want it to sell out before he had the chance to snag one for himself.

The lies never stop!

I know, he came across as a complete loser. You would think IW were the only folk that sell Police watches, go online and you'll find the Leader watch in seconds, plus some folk have it cheaper.
better still, he could go to Ali and get big 52mm ones, that look similar with three time zones, for £11.

I know, he came across as a complete loser. You would think IW were the only folk that sell Police watches, go online and you'll find the Leader watch in seconds, plus some folk have it cheaper.
better still, he could go to Ali and get big 52mm ones, that look similar with three time zones, for £11.

Perhaps they get staff discount...but still probably a load of old BS....They'll say anything to try and shift their wares. Sally's another one who does this quite a lot...in the fashion hours, she'll be wearing some god awful acrylic outfit which you know she wouldn't be seen dead in outside of the studio, and try and have us believe that as soon as she's off air, she'll be on the phone...Yes she probably will be..but not to the IW order line!

Latest posts

Back