Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps they get staff discount...but still probably a load of old BS....They'll say anything to try and shift their wares. Sally's another one who does this quite a lot...in the fashion hours, she'll be wearing some god awful acrylic outfit which you know she wouldn't be seen dead in outside of the studio, and try and have us believe that as soon as she's off air, she'll be on the phone...Yes she probably will be..but not to the IW order line!

And Mr Mason is at as well again tonight, his favourite watch, hoping one left, like the Police watch, at end so he can get it, they've been having Vostok shows for the past week or so and that watch has been in stock all that time, there has been plenty of time and opportunity for him to get it if he really wanted it. Oh and if he was telling the truth he can nip over to Amazon and get it there cheaper. :mysmilie_17:

Anyway back to tonight, one is lowest prices in the world, well they are not some of the watches I can get delivery cheaper and quicker from Amazon, and the second is when they will be available again, Mr Mason has said a few times, June 2020, the past few shows they were saying Easter 2020, they will use any tactic to get a sale.

Ah well Mr Mason must have finally got his watch, at 9.50pm, some 50 minutes after the show ended, his favourite watch that he has always missed out on is still in stock to buy. Hopefully we'll see that beauty on your wrist on screen, somehow I doubt it.

Ah well Mr Mason must have finally got his watch, at 9.50pm, some 50 minutes after the show ended, his favourite watch that he has always missed out on is still in stock to buy. Hopefully we'll see that beauty on your wrist on screen, somehow I doubt it.

He said he already has 2 Vostoks, so what makes you think that he won't buy another?

Probably because he's just another lying shopping TV presenter I suppose?

I don't doubt that if they really wanted to buy one, they would be given the option when they go through show notes and see what items are coming up for them to lie about.

He said he already has 2 Vostoks, so what makes you think that he won't buy another?

Probably because he's just another lying shopping TV presenter I suppose?

Ignoring the ridiculously inflated retail price of a lot these watches (Vostock especially), the actual cost price is probably minimal. It wouldn't surprise me if the suppliers allow presenters to buy at cost or, probably even more likely, give them free samples so they can say they own one. Whether they actually wear them away from the screen is the question though.

I don't doubt that if they really wanted to buy one, they would be given the option when they go through show notes and see what items are coming up for them to lie about.

First rules of shopping telly;
1. Say you have bought / are buying it.
2. Say you bought something similar but paid a lot more.
3. Say you bought one for your mum.
4. Say you bought one for your nan ( never say grandmother , grandma or granny - absolutely has to be nan).

It might be fun to try and spot these 'luxury' timepieces on the wrists of IW presenters who claim to own them. If course they could be saving them for best.............

Mikey just said that the watch he missed out on last night has just bounced back in stock before the show.

What a lie!!!!

Mikey just said that the watch he missed out on last night has just bounced back in stock before the show.

What a lie!!!!

One lie after another with this guy, just repeating his lies from last night.

That watch was available all day to buy, he also lied when he said, that previously he missed out as the watches weren't released till the show airs, which is another lie, how many times have they said that folks, especially their loyal band of collectors, have already been on the web buying before shows have started.

Well his watch is still available this morning, so no excuse for not getting one.

It's the turn of CCCP watches tonight, wonder what stories well get with them, probably all Alexander Shorokhoff, Slava watch factory, rich Russian heritage blah blah blah, oh and how IW is so much cheaper than the real price, what a bargain you are getting.
Of course there will be no mention that the watches are no longer made by poljot International, but were sold off to a Hong Kong company a few years back and now made in China, with a mixture of Japanese and Old refurbished Slava movements.

Well his watch is still available this morning, so no excuse for not getting one.

It's the turn of CCCP watches tonight, wonder what stories well get with them, probably all Alexander Shorokhoff, Slava watch factory, rich Russian heritage blah blah blah, oh and how IW is so much cheaper than the real price, what a bargain you are getting.
Of course there will be no mention that the watches are no longer made by poljot International, but were sold off to a Hong Kong company a few years back and now made in China, with a mixture of Japanese and Old refurbished Slava movements.

Ssshhh, you should keep it under your hat, it will be a great scam. If you can't sell of a cheap Chinese knock off of a Russian watch, there's something gone wrong with this country!

I notice some are called Kashalot. Perhaps it shoud be Kashinalot?

Well Ideal have done it again. Step aside Vostock Europe, we have a range of even uglier watches! Every case is worse than the one before.

LMAO, P simon on the Aleksandrov watch gushing about the watch and the Slava auto movement and at the same times shows the movement, which is an NH35, what an idiot. :mysmilie_17:

Just a quick update, now onto the Aurora watch, again P Simon saying built on a Slava movement, it's another NH35.

Oh and now the Bracelets are great because they are Russian engineering, yeah Russian engineering via a factory in China. :mysmilie_19:

Still hasn't mentioned that CCCP are not Russian but a Chinese watch company.

Last edited:
Well Ideal have done it again. Step aside Vostock Europe, we have a range of even uglier watches! Every case is worse than the one before.

Yeah, but their loyal band of watch collectors will all be adding these to their collections, and then telling everyone they've added a great Russian watch to their collections. :mysmilie_17:

It's interesting to see that the Kashalot Submarine that the on screen presentation says it's available with blue or black dials, on their own web site, they are blue or green!

So organised.

It's interesting to see that the Kashalot Submarine that the on screen presentation says it's available with blue or black dials, on their own web site, they are blue or green!

So organised.

The two watches both looked black to me on the TV, but could be wrong, didn't look anything like the blue or green dials on their web site. I notice on CCCP's web site they do have a black dial one, and that looked more like the one on screen last night.

But as you say, so organised. :mysmilie_17:

Wow! I've just watched Pete's opening speech on the VE watch show................

I didn't see that but I am watching him selling the 'Energia' and repeatedly using its weight of 350g as a sign of quality and 'definitive watchmaking'.

The heaviest watch in my collection is an Oris diver rated for 1,000m (the Energia is only rated for 300m) and it's built like a beautiful tank. I love it but it's honestly too heavy to wear regularly. I checked it tonight and it only weighs 232g! I can't even really imagine how uncomfortable that Energia must be to wear. What the hell have they done to it to get the weight up by another 120g. Definitive watchmaking indeed.

The Energia has a 26mm Bracelet, and weights 195g (according to P.Maier site). I would imagine it's only really suited to folks with big wrists, unless you have it really tight it would be slipping down your wrist all the time.

Latest posts

Back