Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to say i have worked with hundreds probably thousands of people in my life but for talking complete and utter bulls excrement the bald one takes the biscuit but i cant help listening to his b*****ks i do enjoy a laugh

Have to say I'm a bit like that with all of them, they're a right weird bunch and not just the presenters but the so called guest experts as well, find their shows addictive as I get such a good laugh listening to their crap, they are also so stupid they don't realise the amount of times they are contradicting what they've said in a previous show. Also find it good as a stress relief, get a good rant at the TV when they spout their lying rubbish. I find it hilarious the amount of stock update they give out, and the amount of times things are about too sell out, but are still on sale the next day, the amount of times the say lowest ever prices when they've sold it at that price before or the amount of times they say things like, "I truly believe", "I'm being honest" etc, oh and their little monologues to the camera as though they're your best buddy, WTF that about, who cares about their families or what they buy.

Some of the biggest laughs i get is at their health and fashion shows, it's when they claim how the latest miracle cream or tablet has transformed their skin and looks and i'm in stitches thinking, well they obviously haven't looked in a mirror lately, or when they do the fashion, which they always compare with top fashion brands (the name dropping they do is unbelievable) when Primark would be a truer comparison, and how they all look so good and transforms their figures etc, again either they haven't looked in a mirror or they all need to go to specsavers.

Food/cooking and exercise machine shows are a laugh, healthy eating/ healthy living and exercise is always mentioned and so good for you and has been a great benefit to them as they've bought it, yet, not only are the chefs overweight but so are most of the presenters and they have the cheek to recommend products as they encourage healthy eating/living etc, ****** unhealthy hypocrites. :mysmilie_19:

But best of all is the watch, phone, home appliance & furniture shows, the rubbish, lies and bullshit spouted during these shows is staggering, how Peter V is a guest technology expert is beyond me, and the guy with the drones, just feel like throwing something at the tv when he's on, must be the most arrogant, annoying person on their shows, you know what he's going to say before he even speaks, "pro level features of a pro level drone that cost 800, 900, £1000", "Big toy shop in London" etc etc, same crap every time.

Although there is one presenter I never laugh at, that's the Joanne Vander......, never heard anyone in my life utter so much inane drivel without breathing as her, I just last a few minute and turn the volume off, get a headache listening and I just pity her poor husband, he must suffer migraines if she's like that at home.

Last edited:
Have to say I'm a bit like that with all of them, they're a right weird bunch and not just the presenters but the so called guest experts as well, find their shows addictive as I get such a good laugh listening to their crap, they are also so stupid they don't realise the amount of times they are contradicting what they've said in a previous show. Also find it good as a stress relief, get a good rant at the TV when they spout their lying rubbish. I find it hilarious the amount of stock update they give out, and the amount of times things are about too sell out, but are still on sale the next day, the amount of times the say lowest ever prices when they've sold it at that price before or the amount of times they say things like, "I truly believe", "I'm being honest" etc, oh and their little monologues to the camera as though they're your best buddy, WTF that about, who cares about their families or what they buy.

This!!! Makes me laugh every time, especially when they say...."If it's not right for any reason just say D'ya know what Mike, it's not for me"...."So if that's the case just send it right back to me, what you got to lose" FFS you're not selling anything to anyone...You're a presenter!

This!!! Makes me laugh every time, especially when they say...."If it's not right for any reason just say D'ya know what Mike, it's not for me"...."So if that's the case just send it right back to me, what you got to lose" FFS you're not selling anything to anyone...You're a presenter!

And I don't know why, but I find it really annoying when he says, take it back to your local ASDAS, it's ASDA not ASDAS.

Just remembered one of the other idiotic things he says, like when he introducing some cheap entry level phone, with each feature he bumps up the price a couple of hundred and low and behold within about 30 secs he is trying to have us believe that sub £100 phone has £1000 of features. :mysmilie_17:

Now we have Peter V (along with the bald idiot that thinks he's a comedian) the vacuum expert, now the Polti is the greatest vacuum ever, in the last few days, we have had Bosch (best cause no other cordless has 75 min runtime), Beldray (best cause it has nearly 30v of power, more than the rest, and the stupid bowling ball demo) and now Polti (best cause the queen of clean has one, right that's convinced me to buy one) all being the best and only vacuum you need.

Morning all. For those who Bank with Lloyds, they are showing a 10% cash back discount off your next purchase from Ideal World, valid until the 23rd December. The offer is found in your every day offers. Spend and enjoy, happy days! Have a great Sunday.:mysmilie_12:

The bloke on the Mulberry Silk show - he's like one of those people you get cornered by at a party! Monotone rambling at its worst. Haley is looking uncomfortable as she is largely unable to cut him off while he's in mid flow.

The bloke on the Mulberry Silk show - he's like one of those people you get cornered by at a party! Monotone rambling at its worst. Haley is looking uncomfortable as she is largely unable to cut him off while he's in mid flow.

On the schedule this hour is, who will be the biggest bore?

The guy could normally bore anyone silly, but he's on with Joanne just now, so that should be a real challenge to see if he can keep her quiet, she does suffer from verbal diarrhea, so he'll have his work cut out for him. :mysmilie_17:

I notice that the Mulberry silk bore is taking a leaf out of Creepy Crawley's book , insofar as whilst the IW presenter is talking Mulberry man is continually fondling and stroking down the duvet.
It makes me feel quite sick !
Similarly while they were flogging junk jewellery the other day , Peter Simon was wearing ridiculous white gloves to handle the wretched stuff.
He looked like he was on his way to audition for the Black and White Minstrels .

I notice that the Mulberry silk bore is taking a leaf out of Creepy Crawley's book , insofar as whilst the IW presenter is talking Mulberry man is continually fondling and stroking down the duvet.
It makes me feel quite sick !
Similarly while they were flogging junk jewellery the other day , Peter Simon was wearing ridiculous white gloves to handle the wretched stuff.
He looked like he was on his way to audition for the Black and White Minstrels .

:mysmilie_17: Saw that..........just gets more ridiculous by the day! What a prat!

I noticed today that this grubby lot are now ‘price checking’ the abracadabra RRP’s on Thomas Earnshaw website.

I’m looking forward to the inevitable glut of appalling reviews on TrustPilot after Christmas :biggrin:

I noticed today that this grubby lot are now ‘price checking’ the abracadabra RRP’s on Thomas Earnshaw website.

I’m looking forward to the inevitable glut of appalling reviews on TrustPilot after Christmas :biggrin:

Yes - and the elderly spiv Thomas said yesterday 'What I like about Earnshaw is that it's a real brand with proper heritage'.

Also during the first five minutes of yesterday's watch show Peter Simon kept calling the RRP the RIP (!!!) until Thomas openly corrected him by asking him what he meant, to which he replied 'the RRP' at which point the penny dropped. Peter Simon doesn't think when he opens his mouth, and as we all know too well that makes him a massive liability.

Review from TrustPilot:

"Please stop Peter Simon telling us that a watch is only £50 when it is actually £50 X 4 payments on flexi-pay. He omits to add the flexi- pay details in an attempt to make the item seem much cheaper than it really is. He does it every show and it's not only very misleading but could even be considered as a 'sharp' practice which could bring Ideal World into disrepute."

Ideal World 'into disrepute'? From what we've seen it has already been there for a long time :RpS_thumbup:

Yes - and the elderly spiv Thomas said yesterday 'What I like about Earnshaw is that it's a real brand with proper heritage'.

I used to like him, didn't used to say much, but the last few months he's become quite vocal in shows. I have noticed also that he knows most of the these brand owners personally (he's mention Earnshaw, CCCP, Ballast, Swiss Eagle and Swiss Legend and knowing the brand owners) so he'll be fully aware of the lack of heritage and location these brands have their watches made, which makes him fully complicit with all the misinformation and lies that are being spewed during IW's watch shows.

I see Mason up to his usual deceitful tactics selling Elizabeth Grant.

Mason is using his usual my Goddess only uses Elizabeth Grant on her skin. At 6.50 in this video.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/elizabeth-grant-blockbuster-2784489?channel=iw

He then adds don't believe him or his partner try it for yourself.

Well Mr Mason you're right folks shouldn't believe you, as in the following video on this page, it has you contradicting what you claim re your partner and Elizabeth Grant.
In the video on this page, (click on the arrow on the product) at 6.30 he tells of how the Goddess is desperate for more Nourish London.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/nou...d&fh_sort=-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw

Also during the first five minutes of yesterday's watch show Peter Simon kept calling the RRP the RIP (!!!) until Thomas openly corrected him by asking him what he meant, to which he replied 'the RRP' at which point the penny dropped. Peter Simon doesn't think when he opens his mouth, and as we all know too well that makes him a massive liability.

Review from TrustPilot:

"Please stop Peter Simon telling us that a watch is only £50 when it is actually £50 X 4 payments on flexi-pay. He omits to add the flexi- pay details in an attempt to make the item seem much cheaper than it really is. He does it every show and it's not only very misleading but could even be considered as a 'sharp' practice which could bring Ideal World into disrepute."

Ideal World 'into disrepute'? From what we've seen it has already been there for a long time :RpS_thumbup:

Thomas also told Dirty Peter off by telling him to display the awful ladies watch on the arm of his suit rather than on his ‘hairy hands’. Dirty Peter didn’t appear amused.

Talking of those awful Christin Lars type ladies watches, Dirty Peter claimed that one was probably worth £200. I honestly doubt it was even worth the P&P charge.

At one point Dirty Peter appeared to become emotional, so good were these deals.

It was excruciating :eek:

Thomas also told Dirty Peter off by telling him to display the awful ladies watch on the arm of his suit rather than on his ‘hairy hands’. Dirty Peter didn’t appear amused.

Talking of those awful Christin Lars type ladies watches, Dirty Peter claimed that one was probably worth £200. I honestly doubt it was even worth the P&P charge.

At one point Dirty Peter appeared to become emotional, so good were these deals.

It was excruciating :eek:

Not wrong there, didn't even realise they did ladies watches, so checked them out. 2 pages worth as opposed to 18 for the men. All with the exception of 1 I'd actually wear, in fact I quite liked. Funnily enough it was "Karen Millen" so actually emblazoned with a recognisable brand name.. That's not why I liked it, it was coincidence. The rest were horrendous, full of birds, butterflies, garish colours and bling...In fact a lot of these designs currently available in Argos for £15.99 each or 2 for £20! The only thing going for the IW offerings were the geniune leather straps and the use of stainless steel..but even so totally not worth paying an extra £50-£60 for! If you're looking for a watch that looks cheap...buy a cheap one!

Latest posts

Back