Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IW presenters must be the easiest people on the planet to buy gifts for. Everything they see is 'amazing'. Imagine dear old Peter's ecstasy if 'Betty' ever bought him a Lolex from the outdoor market. After insuring it, he'd never stop bragging to everyone he met about his fantastic timepiece.

I saw some of the Renault waterless wax presentation on Sunday afternoon. At about half an hour in Mike M was warning viewers that they were about to sell out and the watch show would have to be brought forward to cover. I didn't see the end but I wonder if anyone else did? Did they run out as predicted, or manage to finish the hour?

BTW at one point Mike went full OTT, wearing a ladies coat and running about pretending to be a male model and Dr Who. He was clearly so absorbed by his 'comedy' routing that he forgot what he was there for. I'm guessing he was reminded to get back on topic via his earpiece.

IW presenters must be the easiest people on the planet to buy gifts for. Everything they see is 'amazing'. Imagine dear old Peter's ecstasy if 'Betty' ever bought him a Lolex from the outdoor market. After insuring it, he'd never stop bragging to everyone he met about his fantastic timepiece.

As well as 'amazing', they seem to have bought everything IW are selling, so won't need any gifts.;)

I saw some of the Renault waterless wax presentation on Sunday afternoon. At about half an hour in Mike M was warning viewers that they were about to sell out and the watch show would have to be brought forward to cover. I didn't see the end but I wonder if anyone else did? Did they run out as predicted, or manage to finish the hour?

BTW at one point Mike went full OTT, wearing a ladies coat and running about pretending to be a male model and Dr Who. He was clearly so absorbed by his 'comedy' routing that he forgot what he was there for. I'm guessing he was reminded to get back on topic via his earpiece.

Saw part of the programme, i switched off as soon as the idiot started prancing about in the coat. Just checked their catch up and it finished about 3/4 quarter of the way through, pretty sure it was stock left over from the previous time they were selling it (remember seeing it not too long ago), probably have Williams shows lined up soon so clearing the Renault stock out of the road, hence the really low price, don't think there was a massive stock to begin with.

Mike M was seriously embarrassing to watch on the Renault show. I've seen him pulling similar stunts while flogging e-bikes.

frankly i thought there was something wrong with him apart from the stupid bearded look would look better with his head turned upside down

There was some genuine drama in this evening's TE 'collectable' watch show. Mike M was shocked when he realised the price IW was asking for these fantastic timepieces. He was so shaken that he had to get confirmation that the price wasn't a mistake! Thankfully, IW hadn't made a mistake - even though the RRP of the watch in question was far greater than IW's asking price. Huge sighs of relief all round!

The CBD presentations are very funny- they are not allowed to make ( up ) any claims as to what it actually is supposed to do.
Sally seemed extremely uncomfortable as she struggled to come up with a benefit and resorted to majoring on a review where someone praised it.
Needless to say the presenters all claim to take it , and guess what ……..

'MY MUM TAKES IT AND SHE SWEARS BY IT!'

If someone could salvage Jeremy Kyle's lie detector from the rubbish dump they would have a field day with this lot.

Aye Aqua, and I bet her Mam then swills the CBD plonk down with effin’ ProtoPlonk.

Anyway, I’ll pass on CBD as all that Ex Bid Birk looks like is a Stoner:)

Attachments

• 698D4280-3F7A-4B84-93CC-BCE0DB3B677A.jpeg
    698D4280-3F7A-4B84-93CC-BCE0DB3B677A.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 234
Let's face it, as with retail in general if we're being honest, none of it means anything. RRP's equate to nowt, the prices on manufacturer websites equate to nowt, the 'it'll go back up to ...' prices mean nowt. If you think any of these prices mean something you're emmm not the brightest. The only price that matters is what the item is being sold for at that moment in time, all the other stuff is just retail 'noise' and as I say that goes for almost all retail not just selly telly.

Also, how gullible would you have to be (unfortunately some out there still are) to listen to and be taken in by their waffle around pricing 'THIS IS A THOUSAND POUND WATCH AND YOU'RE GETTING IT FOR A HUNDRED!!!' or around stock 'BUY IT NOW CAUSE WE MIGHT NOT GET THIS BACK IN STOCK ANY TIME SOON!!!' then low and behold the item's on another show 3 days later.

Also, think of it this way. They almost boast about how quickly some things sell out. 'Our stock was supposed to last over the next 3 days, however we're 4 mins into the first show and we're already 75% sold out!!!' I wouldn't be boasting about this as, if it's true, YOUR BUYERS ARE OBVIOUSLY CR*P AT ESTIMATING HOW MUCH STOCK THEY NEED.

In short, I'm not saying IW and other channels don't sell some quality items at reasonable prices. If they're selling a vacuum at £150 and the next cheapest retailer's doing it for £250, great, grab yourself the bargain. However as I touched on earlier, the ONLY important thing is the price at the point you're buying. All the other stuff is exaggerated guff, selly telly padding designed to pressure you into buying. 'Listen, the last thing I want to do is make you feel as though you need to buy now, I'm not here to pressure you. You know you can trust me and I only ever tell you how it is. WE ONLY HAVE 5 LEFT SO CHECK OUT YOUR BASKETS NOW NOW NOW!!! As I say though, take your time, no rush and no pressure.'

Can you tell I don't have much time for selly telly these days? :)

Ahhhhh, ginger fella and Jimmy Saville just letting everybody know who bought an Android phone from IW that they basically think they are crap compared to an iPhone....the mind boggles. Ginge basically slagging android out saying that software isn't tested to see if it works on the device properly ...sigh

Do they forget that they have sung the praises of android phones in the past, and will do again in the future.

Different tech expert, same old bollocks!

Ahhhhh, ginger fella and Jimmy Saville just letting everybody know who bought an Android phone from IW that they basically think they are crap compared to an iPhone....the mind boggles. Ginge basically slagging android out saying that software isn't tested to see if it works on the device properly ...sigh

Do they forget that they have sung the praises of android phones in the past, and will do again in the future.

Different tech expert, same old bollocks!

It's less than a week since he was gushing over both the Wileyfox and Samsung Phones. They'll say and do anything for a sale, never ending stream of lies and exaggeration from them.

Can you tell I don't have much time for selly telly these days? :)

Agree with everything in your post, apart from this part. I have IW on a lot in the background, great for a laugh listening or ranting at the TV when they are spouting their rubbish and lies. Find it especially funny when grossly overweight chef and overweight presenters ramble on about the healthy eating benefits of air fryers etc, just cracks me up. The tech shows, listening to so called Expert guests. The Collectable watch shows, the amount of rubbish and lies spouted during these shows is astounding. Or the fashion shows, where everything is compared with big name fashion brands or high end fashion shops, when Primark would be the honest comparison, oh and how everything flatters the figure etc, they obviously don't look in a mirror before going in front of the cameras. ;):ROFLMAO:

Luxurious Creepy Crawley is shilling another Not Leather Pleather Chair.

They reckon £490 for this load of crap is a bargain, then again they also reckon the usual price is ........ £1260o_O

Luxury says he ordered two of them for his Auntie and I believe him coz there’s no way he’d be buying them for Jimmy Savile, her Not Luxury Plazzy Claws would easily rip the Not Luxury Plazzy :)

Last edited:
As a matter of interest what is the reason for starting and finishing shows at odd times now

As a matter of interest what is the reason for starting and finishing shows at odd times now

To cram more 'shows' in and widen the selling spectrum?

Because - as we are constantly 'warned' - every product is always on the verge of selling out and they can't make the stock last for sixty minutes? (Check out those baskets, folks!)

Because the presenters are struggling to find new cliché's with which to describe the products?

Because, by shortening the window of opportunity they believe more pressure will be placed upon the viewer to 'check out those baskets, folks'?

To cram more 'shows' in and widen the selling spectrum?

Because - as we are constantly 'warned' - every product is always on the verge of selling out and they can't make the stock last for sixty minutes? (Check out those baskets, folks!)

Because the presenters are struggling to find new cliché's with which to describe the products?

Because, by shortening the window of opportunity they believe more pressure will be placed upon the viewer to 'check out those baskets, folks'?

I would say points 1, 3 & 4 are a good bet, 2 i would disagree with as it rare to see products sell out within an hour, despite what they claim. Often you can go to their web site and items that they claim sold out are still available.

Something else i noticed, is they seem to have done away with the catch up on their web site, was handy for checking back what was said in programs. They also did away with (recently), the small video clips they had with product descriptions, that used to be handy for checking prices they had on previous shows, especially as virtually everything is being sold at the lowest ever price.

See we are being treated to the needing dog this weekend, gave up on the show last night after the first ten minutes, so much rubbish and misinformation was unbelievable, what the hell is "military grade surgical stainless steel":ROFLMAO: . The Martin guy has sunk as low as Peter Simon when it comes to deceitful selling tactics.

Martin claimed that IW had the whole stock in the world for the pick of the day, shame nobody told these folk.

And just tuned in and we have Haley saying if you saw this in a Jeweler, you would be putting a 3 in front of £184, so £3184 for an IP plated Diver's watch, which has only 100 mtr rating and has a Ronda quartz movement that can be bought for under £20, just ridiculous the nonsense they get away with.

See there is a new watch brand tomorrow, Reign, by the the same company as Heritor, so expect many reference to the inflated RRP on Reign's web site and the fantastic savings we are getting. More made in China heirlooms to insure and hand down to future generation. ;):ROFLMAO:

I watched a show last week that started and finished with a 'limited stock' item. It still hadn't sold out after an hour. I think everything is done to rush you along to that checkout.

Also Mike Mason is constantly saying 'we're always busier after the hour'

I see there's a new smartphone on today, Hammer. You can literally hammer the smallest of nails into some wood with it lol

I would say points 1, 3 & 4 are a good bet, 2 i would disagree with as it rare to see products sell out within an hour, despite what they claim. Often you can go to their web site and items that they claim sold out are still available.

I was being facetious.

I see there's a new smartphone on today, Hammer. You can literally hammer the smallest of nails into some wood with it lol

Shaun always reminds me of George Formby. It's the gormless look! On the Hammer phone slot he was sitting there with open gob while the 'expert' dropped the phone in a jug of water. All that was missing was for Shaun to exclaim "EEH! MOTHER! TURNED OUT NICE AGAIN, ANT IT?!"

Latest posts

Back