Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shaun blurted out the other day that he 'is having a new house built'.
Shopping Telly will have fared better during the lockdown than the high street , that's for sure

'George Formby' Shaun or 'Mi Mam' Shaun?

If the latter, it will surely feature an annex for mammy?

How DARE you! Are you suggesting they'd happily be an 'expert' for whoever is paying them and/or whoever IW is stocking? I cannot believe anyone would think this. You need to take a LONG hard look at yourself!

;)

YES ;):ROFLMAO:

I just need to say Peter Vollebregt, as well as an actor, he now calls himself a "Resident Home and Lifestyle Expert Guest Presenter at Ideal World". What a load of :censored: :censored:, actors and celebrities they're are full of it. :ROFLMAO:

I cannot watch Dee Knees any more, as soon as she starts on her 'now's I turn over. I wonder if she'll retire soon? I hope so.

I suppose Alan Ennis is available all the time now he's not got any Elvis gigs šŸ˜
Every time she comes on she reminds me of Bette Davis in 'Whatever Happened To Baby Jane'. The ****** eye make-up is just awful!

Actually, she could also pass for Zelda from Terrahawks.

I cannot watch Dee Knees any more, as soon as she starts on her 'now's I turn over. I wonder if she'll retire soon? I hope so.

I suppose Alan Ennis is available all the time now he's not got any Elvis gigs šŸ˜

No chance of that, she was doing a pension show the other night and said thanks to the advice she got from them, she had reduced hours, but had no intentions of retiring yet, looooves Ideal world too much.

Peter, last night on the mattress show. I only dipped in and out but he was mid 'comedy' routine. Sometimes I don't even think he's wearing an earpiece, but is just hearing voices inside his head.

No chance of that, she was doing a pension show the other night and said thanks to the advice she got from them, she had reduced hours, but had no intentions of retiring yet, looooves Ideal world too much.

I think you'll find it's the Ā£Ā£Ā£ per live show she loves ;)

Like others on here have said, she's one of the few I can't watch, not even as a form of self punishment. It's the VOICE!!!

Ideal is a really strange outfit, it's their Sale on their TV channel, selling Beldray 3 in 1 circulator at a sale price Ā£99.99 + Ā£5.99 p&p,
Yet they are also selling it on Amazon, for Ā£99.99 + Ā£4.99 p&p, how come you can save a Ā£1 buying it from them through Amazon marketplace than you would buying it through their sale on their TV channel? And why is the p&p more on their TV channel, it's coming from the same place, will be same packaging and same courier. :confused::ROFLMAO:

Ideal is a really strange outfit, it's their Sale on their TV channel, selling Beldray 3 in 1 circulator at a sale price Ā£99.99 + Ā£5.99 p&p,
Yet they are also selling it on Amazon, for Ā£99.99 + Ā£4.99 p&p, how come you can save a Ā£1 buying it from them through Amazon marketplace than you would buying it through their sale on their TV channel? And why is the p&p more on their TV channel, it's coming from the same place, will be same packaging and same courier. :confused::ROFLMAO:

Basically whoever looks after their online side of the business not ensuring p&p's aligned across their platforms. I would have thought you could script that sort of stuff, change one change all. Mind you, knowing IW, they probably just ask the presenters and 'experts' to take turns managing the online stuff, helped by a 'online marketing for dummies' book :)

I just need to say Peter Vollebregt, as well as an actor, he now calls himself a "Resident Home and Lifestyle Expert Guest Presenter at Ideal World". What a load of :censored: :censored:, actors and celebrities they're are full of it. :ROFLMAO:

That's the SECOND time today you've REALLY annoyed me with your comments! I'll have you know I find Peter's suitcase routine when selling smart phones VERY useful and informative!!!

'And you know, something else you can do with your smart phone is buy a 747, otherwise known as a Jumbo Jet. Not only does this save you packing one in your suitcase (Peter then removes a full size 747 from the prop suitcase) it means you can fly yourself there and back without having to book a commercial flight. So it's a win win! You can also buy oil tankers ...'

:)

They used to introduce Creepy Crawley as ...' our luxury and interiors expert' , but it wasn't long before they had him huffing and puffing on the vibrapower in his shorts.

Basically whoever looks after their online side of the business not ensuring p&p's aligned across their platforms. I would have thought you could script that sort of stuff, change one change all. Mind you, knowing IW, they probably just ask the presenters and 'experts' to take turns managing the online stuff, helped by a 'online marketing for dummies' book :)

I said the other day they are amateurs pretending to be professional, I would add incompetent as well.
Not only do they not align say p&p, but sometimes, while they have the on screen price on TV ie recently had coffee machine at around Ā£800, on Amazon, Ideal Direct were still selling the item at their normal (not on screen) dearer Ideal World web price Ā£1200, but then they had the cheek to do a price check with Amazon and quoted the Ā£1200 price and said Amazon are charging Ā£400 more than us, when it's IW themselves that is selling the item at that price on Amazon. :ROFLMAO:

Peter introduced tonight's luxury masterpieces of horology as 'Consteen Weiss'.

I've said before, taste is subjective, I get that. But surely I can't be alone in thinking many of these watches are nothing short of hideous? If this is what modern watches are all about you can keep them! This 'complications' thing seems like nothing more than a bragging exercise for manufacturers and/or owners for whom that sort of thing is important.

'Yes this one has the traditional second hand, a tenth of a second mini dial, a micro second mini dial and a nano second mini dial.'

Some of them are so hideously designed you would struggle to tell the actual time (accurately at least) due to 'design features' such as having no 12, 3, 6, 9 indicators and stuffing the face with so much other guff your eyes don't know where to go.

And I'm not sure if it's just due to the extreme close-ups (I do appreciate selly telly zooms in much closer than we'd normally see the products e.g. in store) however some of the materials used e.g. the plastic dials etc look on the cheap side. Could it be because they are? :)

When you analyse it (and I know I'm kind of stating the obvious here i.e. they are channels that SELL stuff for people to BUY, I get it) IW although not the only one is really bad for encouraging needless buying. Peter S is one of the worst culprits with his 'just buy it' line. Caught a few mins of him selling a vac last night and it was a case of (faux sincere voice engaged):

' Look, it's only Ā£39.99, first of 4 flexis (yes believe it or not he DID mention the remaining payments to be made!) ... a mean, just buy it, right, just buy it.'

He does the same regardless of the product. If you were defending this sales tactic, yes you can argue the salesperson is highlighting you're getting SUCH a good deal, you'd be an idiot not to snap one up. However always remember the golden rule:

It's only a bargain if you need it.

Live your life by that measure when it comes to buying stuff and you won't go far wrong :) This crowd would be quite happy if Mr Bloggs from Mugsville bought himself a new vac every week!

'But Mr Simon told me to just buy it, so I did :('

Latest posts

Back