Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last night I saw a portion of the Ryobi Drill show. It was announced that 95% of the available stock had been sold and that it was going to sell out. I spent a sleepless night worrying about all those poor folks who had missed out on this stunning deal.

Imagine my relief when, turning on IW this morning, I saw that somehow they had enough stock left to do another show (and schedule at least one more afterwards).

Just had an advert on FB for this watch.

I would hate it, as it would be almost impossible to tell the time, which is the whole point of a watch.

You never have seen a watch with such features:
√ Zen inspired aesthetics
√ Karesansui and skin-friendly straps
√ Miyota movement
√ Dual hollow design
√ 120 lines
√ Floating hour hand
√ Equal length X-Design
√ Innovative design
Get this revolutionary mechanical watch now

Watch 106866916_619.jpg

The written blurb at the end of this link spouts at much rubbish as MM and PS combined

Last edited:
It obviously doesn't do their sales figures any damage, maybe it even increases them which speaks volumes about the average IW customer, but to me the combo of Peter S and Kevin R selling watches is off-putting. I watched some of their late night show last night and, mainly Peter S it has to be said, is down right embarrassing.

'AIN'T IT JUST AMAZIN' KEV, AIN'T IT!?!'
'A MEAN, A MEAN ...'
'Call on 09056 (Peter) 48 (Kevin) 48 (Peter) 48 (Kevin)'
'From the Hinge & Bracket of the tv world ...'

How ANY of it is supposed to align to quality is beyond me. If it were my products being sold and presented in this manner I'd be having words with IW. There again as I touched on earlier, if the sales numbers are good, I probably wouldn't ;)

As Rodney once said in Only Fools and Horses 'We know who our market is Casandra!' when she was belittling his appearance, the same is no doubt true for IW. They know their market ...

Just had an advert on FB for this watch.

I would hate it, as it would be almost impossible to tell the time, which is the whole point of a watch.

You never have seen a watch with such features:
√ Zen inspired aesthetics
√ Karesansui and skin-friendly straps
√ Miyota movement
√ Dual hollow design
√ 120 lines
√ Floating hour hand
√ Equal length X-Design
√ Innovative design
Get this revolutionary mechanical watch now

View attachment 19153

The written blurb at the end of this link spouts at much rubbish as MM and PS combined

Design over substance as the saying goes. Mind you I had to chuckle when on IW the other night, the watch expert said 'yes it's a nice clean face, let's face it if you find it difficult to tell the time then the watch isn't doing its job ..' All very true, except a fair few of the watches IW sell break that rule! With so many complications and sub dials and sub-sub dials, telling the actual time is nigh on impossible!

Whatever floats your boat I suppose but when it comes to watches, simpler and cleaner lines do it for me. I don't need to be able to tell what time it is on Pluto etc etc :)

Design over substance as the saying goes. Mind you I had to chuckle when on IW the other night, the watch expert said 'yes it's a nice clean face, let's face it if you find it difficult to tell the time then the watch isn't doing its job ..' All very true, except a fair few of the watches IW sell break that rule! With so many complications and sub dials and sub-sub dials, telling the actual time is nigh on impossible!

Whatever floats your boat I suppose but when it comes to watches, simpler and cleaner lines do it for me. I don't need to be able to tell what time it is on Pluto etc etc :)

Yeah, for me it's not so much the sub dials, but some of those watches where the designers have tried to be clever and came up with some new style of hands and reading the time from different rotating wheels does my head in, first you've to work out the hours, then the minutes and then seconds, a good watch should be able to see all at glance. Plus some of the skeleton watches, altyhough they can look nice, often they don't have enough contrast and can be hard to see the hands against the mechanics of the movement.

Yeah, for me it's not so much the sub dials, but some of those watches where the designers have tried to be clever and came up with some new style of hands and reading the time from different rotating wheels does my head in, first you've to work out the hours, then the minutes and then seconds, a good watch should be able to see all at glance. Plus some of the skeleton watches, altyhough they can look nice, often they don't have enough contrast and can be hard to see the hands against the mechanics of the movement.
Don't like over complicated err, complications. to my mind, a watch should be easily glanced at to tell the time, it is after all, it's primary function

Latest posts

Back