Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For as much as they maybe tell porkies, many of the product ambassadors and experts come across better on camera than the 'professional' presenters. If I managed IW, I'd be looking to drop down to one presenter per show where possible, and that presenter (if they could cut it) would be the ambassador/expert. When you watch the likes of Peter S on a watch show, it frequently verges on being totally embarrassing to watch! Same with the keep fit shows, the ambassadors/experts are fine … why the heck do we need the likes of Peter S jiggling about making stupid remarks?!?

Word of advice to IW, get rid of the main presenters wherever possible and just use the ambassador/expert.

Yeah I would agree to some degree with that, drop to one person doing the show, from the "expert" guests i've seen, most of the would make better presenters, but there is also quite a few i wouldn't want or trust. the likes of Simon iles & Alan Ennes may be better presenting material, but their trustworthiness ranks along side Mason & Simon. The watch guy last night actually would do well on his own, he didn't say anything wrong last night, he knows his watches having having been a retailer, very careful with his descriptions so as to keep himself in the clear without contradicting P Simon but i suppose he is new, so didn't want to upset things. Reynolds would be ok on his own, can exaggerate at times, but at least he gives a lot of tech info regarding watches. Rest of the watch experts/guests, sorry no, none of them would get a job if I was in charge.:)
Agree with the keep fit lass, just gets on does the job, no dramatics or over hyping and has a pleasant demeanor. Oh and the tech Guy Grant, he's into video production, so has a camera presence and knows tech, so he would be ok on his own
I think most of the guests that belong to the companies would probably be ok, and away from the influences of the current presenters, they would probably be more candid about the true quality of their products and of course would have more time for detailed descriptions.
Of course even changing the presenters may not change all the problems as you will still have the backroom clowns feeding advice through their ear pieces.
Oh and one other thing I would do is tell the models their job is to model not to give their biased opinions, so shut up. ;) :LOL:

Next month? Sally jacks started this afternoon, some cheap trainer would make a great xmas gift and the model agreed she'd be happy if she received these as a xmas gift.
Crikey!

I have heard her mention Christmas before actually, briefly, when she said she starts her Christmas shopping in January!

They say anything, to get you to buy anything. I don't believe anything they say, ever. I don't even believe DP has a dog called Josh either :p

As for the models...........just be quiet.

Crikey!

I have heard her mention Christmas before actually, briefly, when she said she starts her Christmas shopping in January!

They say anything, to get you to buy anything. I don't believe anything they say, ever. I don't even believe DP has a dog called Josh either :p

As for the models...........just be quiet.

Meaning the models, not you Hammy :D

Sally on £6.99 sandals “they look a bit squashed on the set and when you get them through the post they might be a bit squashed, but when you get them on the foot they look very, very expensive, they look like they could be a 45 euro sandal down the front, you know in Marbella.” What a load of :poop:.

Didn't realise these fashion shows could be so entertaining. :LOL:

Sally on £6.99 sandals “they look a bit squashed on the set and when you get them through the post they might be a bit squashed, but when you get them on the foot they look very, very expensive, they look like they could be a 45 euro sandal down the front, you know in Marbella.” What a load of :poop:.

I saw a pair on Lyn yesterday that had a small hole at the front where the sole meets the upper lining bit. They didn't look squashed, or expensive, just cheap and damaged ;)

Maybe they do the same as the watch shows?

'These £6.99 sandals could sell for £69.99 all day long!'

Again as with most stuff they sell that's probably made 'exclusively' for IW, you get what you pay for. Cheap and cheerful clothing and footwear. Don't try to make out it's something it's not IW ;)

I'm a bit of a Bah Humbug when it comes to Christmas. Not the actual event itself but the every earlier referring to it and decking out of shops etc. Yes, I fully understand people, especially those on a budget, might need to start their Christmas shopping x months early. However, it should be the LAW that shops etc can't put up their Christmas sales material until November the 1st!

:)

Maybe they do the same as the watch shows?

'These £6.99 sandals could sell for £69.99 all day long!'

Again as with most stuff they sell that's probably made 'exclusively' for IW, you get what you pay for. Cheap and cheerful clothing and footwear. Don't try to make out it's something it's not IW ;)

Yeah, i've heard them sometimes compare stuff to top Boutiques or top designer brands, when in reality a truer comparison would be Primark. :)

That's actually a bit unfair on Primark, cause at least Primark don't pretend their stuff is Gucciesque.

Right, where to start. Those bracelets are a dead giveaway for Chinese manufacture. Pressed steel deployment clasps, and the arrows indicating the direction push pin removal for adjustment. The CCCCCCCCCP watches were the same last night.

Peter was looking rather dishevelled; unshaven with the cheap suit/open shirt combo and forty shades of hair in his combover.

A metaphor perhaps for the products he is peddling?

Latest posts

Back