Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For all of you that might be suffering withdrawals from the lack of watch shows, don't despair, more coming this week. ;):ROFLMAO:
Vostok Europe with a World Exclusive blockbuster, probably the new Gaz 14s. You can order them elsewhere at the moment, with a two week delivery, so IW exclusivity probably means they can deliver it a week before anyone else. Usually when folks use the word exclusive, it means they are the only place you can buy it, not that they are getting their stock a week or two before everybody else.:rolleyes:
And then we have a couple of days with shows, from Solar Time, Hong Kong, who bring us World famous luxury brands, brands from the banks of the Moskva to the banks of the Thames, brands with a long rich history and heritage, brands hand made by highly skilled workers in state of the art sweat shops and thanks to the tremendous efforts of James, Maria and hundreds of others, they've manage to divert the planes from Hong Kong Int, which were originally destined for Basel, to Britain. Well done Maria & co. (y)

So Today IW are selling a Weighted Blanket, how dare they when we could get another heatwave, when we are meant to be using the Air Con Units, Simon Lies said the other day we were gonna need the air cons until possibly November, now they are selling us Blankets.

Loads of Tech Tonight Wileyfox phone, and a Coda laptop

Hardly ever watch IW nowadays....When it was the "Karcher channel", at least there was a little more variation..every time I turn over they're selling hideous watches for men - don't think I've ever seen a ladies watch on there!

They have the odd ladies watch, they've got one this week. They do have a few brands that are exclusively women's watches, but they don't feature on shows very often if at all, once in a blue moon. But in reality it's really not good enough, they should feature more, although from their current crop of brands, not sure if there would be much worth buying if they did feature.

Think part of the trouble is although IW kinda follow the stereotypes, you know like men collect watches and Ladies buy fashion etc, it's also to do with the watch brands IW sell. Most of the watch brands they sell don't really cater for women, they are mostly aimed at the male watch collector on-line or on TV, they just don't make women's watches or if they do it's very few. Out of the main watch brands on IW, only Mathey-Tissot actually produce a good selection of women's watches, although they don't feature on IW much.

Oh and 100% agree, some hideous men's watches on their shows.:ROFLMAO:

Are we keeping up to date with the antics on Trust Pilot. The Ideal World reviews pages have been besieged buy 'Invited' reviews with insightful feedback like 'Always a great service with quality products. No risk shopping with money back guarantee all from the comfort of my armchair! Happy shopping!'
Now when all goes well I can partially agree, though 'quality products' have to be selectively picked out from among the dross and tat in my opinion. But when things go wrong IW have mechanisms to really frustrate, annoy and exploit their customers which isn't going to end well unless you stick at it!

Switched it on today to the surprise of Christopher Biggins hosting and demonstrating! Turns out he's just visiting. He's much too good for IW in its present state and could give dirty Peter a few lessons in smutty humour that's actually funny. He's a ****** legend. I wish they'd keep him as he's just constantly taking the piss. He's on the massager show now.

For all of you that might be suffering withdrawals from the lack of watch shows, don't despair, more coming this week. ;):ROFLMAO:
Vostok Europe with a World Exclusive blockbuster, probably the new Gaz 14s. You can order them elsewhere at the moment, with a two week delivery, so IW exclusivity probably means they can deliver it a week before anyone else. Usually when folks use the word exclusive, it means they are the only place you can buy it, not that they are getting their stock a week or two before everybody else.:rolleyes:
And then we have a couple of days with shows, from Solar Time, Hong Kong, who bring us World famous luxury brands, brands from the banks of the Moskva to the banks of the Thames, brands with a long rich history and heritage, brands hand made by highly skilled workers in state of the art sweat shops and thanks to the tremendous efforts of James, Maria and hundreds of others, they've manage to divert the planes from Hong Kong Int, which were originally destined for Basel, to Britain. Well done Maria & co. (y)

I'm kind of going off you Hammy. It's easy to mock isn't it?! I'll have you know I've spent around £25k on my watch collection buying watches from IW over the past 18 months. I spent £5k alone on the RRP £10k gold watch. I have every confidence my collection has already increased in value and will allow me to retire early by gradually selling pieces off over the coming years for 4-5 times the price I paid for them if not more.

:)

Switched it on today to the surprise of Christopher Biggins hosting and demonstrating! Turns out he's just visiting. He's much too good for IW in its present state and could give dirty Peter a few lessons in smutty humour that's actually funny. He's a ****** legend. I wish they'd keep him as he's just constantly taking the piss. He's on the massager show now.

Yeah caught some of him. The presenter was VERY keen to say 'So I hear you buy from IW?' however on listening carefully to his reply 'I found shopping tv during lockdown and bought a couple of things ...' me thinks Mr Biggins isn't quite the regular viewer and purchaser IW would have us believe :)

I think the Mulberry Silk guy is now being sponsored by the Government, to help folks that are having trouble sleeping due to worrying over the covid epidemic. Seemingly they have done some research and results have shown that while watching him in an evening people are falling into deep REM sleep within minutes. All the IW staff & their families & friends swear by it.

In fact looking at him, think he's even putting himself to sleep. :eek:

I'm probably alone in this but 'if' anyone on here watched the tv series 'What We Do in the Shadows', the Mulberry Silk guy is like the character Colin Robinson. He's an 'energy vampire' and instead of sucking blood, he gets his strength through sucking the energy out of people through boring them! See any similarities?

Yeah caught some of him. The presenter was VERY keen to say 'So I hear you buy from IW?' however on listening carefully to his reply 'I found shopping tv during lockdown and bought a couple of things ...' me thinks Mr Biggins isn't quite the regular viewer and purchaser IW would have us believe :)
Yes it was obvious that he didn't have a clue about Ideal World and was just there to have fun and cause chaos. He was just the tonic but I could imagine if it was anyone other than Shona presenting with him, they would have had their noses pushed out of joint for stealing their limelight. Loved his comment to Shona "So wonderful to see you after all these years and how well you've come on, because you were awful when you first started out" 😂😂😂

You know with IW presenters, who never fail to reminds us they buy and use all the IW products, like fitness equipment, fitness gear that reduces cellulite and aids circulation, health aiding supplements like protocol & CBD, anti-aging skin & beauty care like Elizabeth Grant, Fabulift & Crystal clear, healthy eating like Jane plan, you would think they would be the fittest, healthiest and best looking presenters on the go, so what the hell went wrong? :confused:😁

You know with IW presenters, who never fail to reminds us they buy and use all the IW products, like fitness equipment, fitness gear that reduces cellulite and aids circulation, health aiding supplements like protocol & CBD, anti-aging skin & beauty care like Elizabeth Grant, Fabulift & Crystal clear, healthy eating like Jane plan, you would think they would be the fittest, healthiest and best looking presenters on the go, so what the hell went wrong? :confused:😁
And yet, they've always bought stuff from the High Street as well, spending a lot more than IW and without the quality, why?

I'm kind of going off you Hammy. It's easy to mock isn't it?! I'll have you know I've spent around £25k on my watch collection buying watches from IW over the past 18 months. I spent £5k alone on the RRP £10k gold watch. I have every confidence my collection has already increased in value and will allow me to retire early by gradually selling pieces off over the coming years for 4-5 times the price I paid for them if not more.

:)

Hope you followed Peter's advice and insured your collection. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Some marvellous new reviews of Ideal World on Trustpilot. “Your service is excellent and nothing.” A great title for a review from 1950s Carry On supporting player, Norma Frew (Up). Norma (probably Colin from Littlehampton) goes from strength to strength review wise from her Ideal triumph of the pen. Her five stars review of the Patient Claim Line entitled “Negligence” is crystal clear in meaning and fascinating to read - all 15 words of it.

Shona – “The Emma mattress and all the sleep science and technology that has gone into the original Emma mattress, means it is the perfect mattress for absolutely everyone.”

Nope, no way can you make that claim.

Dennice – “the beauty of shopping Emma original mattress from Idea World, well you get 200 nights, so 200 night sleep trial to actually make up your mind.”

That’s wrong too, as someone on Trustpilot found out when contacting IW with a complaint re Emma mattress and told to go to Emma, you’re not shopping from Ideal World, you’re shopping from EMMA. And you would get 200 nights whether you heard of Emma through IW or not.

IW don’t sell Emma mattresses, they just rent out their studio & presenters to produce a program advertising Emma products.

Latest posts

Back