Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I miss bid 'cause it was so random and entertaining, shocking sometimes especially with the blatant misselling and dodgy tactics, seriously only two aspects ever made me switch channels and they were Mike Mason and Peter Simon. I discovered bid because Ideal World was my "go to" channel but it became incredibly boring and unwatchable...every time I tuned in it was either a pressure washer or a halogen oven so I stopped watching. At least now their product range seems to be expanding slightly, might even be worth watching..but no...they've decided to add the worst aspect of bid, probably in the vain hope that bid's old viewers will be thrilled and start buying in their droves! Switching off in their droves more like.

IW powers that be if you do come across this forum PLEASE for the love of God....GET PETER SIMON OFF OUR SCREENS A.S.A.P...HE IS VILE! He is unfunny, and downright inappropriate and I'm sorry to say this, he actually looks pretty unsavoury too!

The only viable conclusion that I can think and the reason behind why IW have took on board a few of the ex Bid presenters, Is either IW world cannot entice folk with the conditions of work ie nobody that wants a serious long term career path on shopping TV wants to be on IW, or the said ex Bid presenters are working for peanuts and just clinging onto any old life raft to keep there mugs on shopping TV, I mean with IW its just the same old lines from different presenters "These are going fast folks" "Only X % Left" "check out those baskets" "We may never see these EVER again *(until this evening)" "14 Day money back guarantee if you don't like these and we will return the cost........but good luck with the return postage cost on a set of pans or lawnmower etc:smirk:" "Amazing, wow, excellent, outstanding, wonderful, etc etc etc add any superlative about anything we sell" then the dennnnice classic "I want one.............I want one...........that's mine".

Most presenters must own a warehouse crammed full of clothes, pans, bicycles, Hoses, Car polish, ipads, Nutribullets , Vibrapowers, Hair removers, Hoovers, diet grub, with the amount they buy from IW then they must sit back in there homes happily thinking oooooh I cannot wait for my next cruise holiday to come along :thinking:

Summed up so well :)

I do love the way Dennice has now put a load of weight back on and is suddenly not mentioning the diet food :) and how she now says "Ideal worlds fashion didn't used to be great, but now it is" hmmm, were you telling us that back then? No you shyster, you were saying it was amazing in quality and value and style and doing your phoney buying on screen (which I'm fairly sure is against tv regulations).
The channel is a car crash of a station and I watch now for purely comedic reasons and to see just how far they are going to push the envolope. The poppy stuff is a great example, still no clarification of what percentage is going to charity. Still allowing that blatant shyster woman with the bedding and chairs who deliberately knocked over a glass of water on the bed demos and not a word was said about it.

But I have found this afternoon, something more annoying than Peter Simon on with the Tower pans; geneveieve and Paul brodel on with the Tower pans. Brodel is acting like he's on speed, probably because he's going to get to shovel more food down his face with a 'reason' for doing so, and Gen is just cackling and screaming like a harpy. It's like a horror film, in fact far more scary, as some people are making purchases while these 2 are on and not smashing their faces into a wall to make the noise stop.

I like how they over emphasise the health benefits that you don't have to use any butter or oil in the ceramic pans when cooking, then proceed to melt half a block of butter, a mountain of sugar and loads of cream and then stick bits of banana in it!

....all advised by Paul Brodel who looks like he's swallowed his restaurant and all the staff in it :p

Aaah, Linda Lusardi POTD later :)
Remember Linda the following points:

1) keep going on and on and on about La Prairie, creme de la mer and the other one
2) keep telling us how they are made in the same factory and you have just as good a quality ingredients as them
3) keep banging on about this and make sure you infer enough times how they are the same as yours, just with more expenses
4) remind us on and on that your old range was shite, but this one really works!
5) make sure Dennice presents if possible, so she can claim this is the reason she looks so amazing*
* please note, she doesn't look amazing, and also claims every other skincare range is responsible for her looking so amazing
6) remind us often that you've not had any work done, but might do in the future; this inspires trust in your creams
7) mention a few times how 'Nicolas the creator of my range and all those other expensive ones uses MY cream at home'*
* I'm CERTAIN he doesn't say this to every brand ambassador
8) show us that demo where you put some cream on one hand and then compare the other un-treated one, I'm fairly sure this is against tv regulations
9) make sure you have a group of old has-beens z-listers to say how amazing your range is, after all, I know Lesley Joseph and Rula Lenska are icons to the youth of today.....
10) bang on about the 3 expensive ranges again and again a few times, the customer is as thick as **** anyway and association is all their tiny brains need.
11) say 'edelweiss and glacial water' as many times as you can, trying to make them sound impressive....

I can barely wait :p

I wonder if Peter Simon will be hosting the POTD with Linda Lusardi? Imagine it.........pure classic Carry on style Sid James repertoire from Peter with Linda sitting with her big Cheshire cat smile for the full hour :giggle:

Not only do we have linda not only do we have Lusardi not only do we charge you for the item not only do we charge you for postage..............POTD I hope Peter doesn't mix his words up and end up saying Prix of the day!!! :mysmilie_866:

I wonder if Peter Simon will be hosting the POTD with Linda Lusardi? Imagine it.........pure classic Carry on style Sid James repertoire from Peter with Linda sitting with her big Cheshire cat smile for the full hour :giggle:

Not only do we have linda not only do we have Lusardi not only do we charge you for the item not only do we charge you for postage..............POTD I hope Peter doesn't mix his words up and end up saying Prix of the day!!! :mysmilie_866:

Sadly not, the schedule says it's Shauny. Time to get his lilac tie out again :emo:

My biggest gripe with Ideal World at the moment is the pathetic pressure selling they seem to be trying - Peter Simon is the worse. "These are going FAST" "We are going to sell-out!" "We have a LIMITED stock" "Get these before they're gone!".... Ideal World has about 5 products which are constantly on rotation. No matter what they show, it will be on again 3 hours later again. Stop insulting viewers and buyers - the products will not sell out.

Also saying "10% of the stock has sold out and gone" does not sound impressive - it just means that 90% is still remaining...

I have a strange relationship with Mr Peter Simon, via my tv.

When he is not on the tv/hasn't been hired for a while, I find myself missing his presence... but the very second he is hired, I feel the pain of a thousand oap wallets being emptied.

Actually, I just flicked through the channels, now actually Dennnnice's lovely friend Sean was actually on, no doubt this has actually been said before but actually how many times an hour or actually in a sale actually does Sean actually say actually? Its actually incredible actually, and he fits it into sentence when you would think its actually impossible to get the word in actually.

Does no producer or the sales assistant ever asses the past shows they have done to see if they can actually improve and learn from what they actually have done in the past?

When I worked in a contact centre (someone has to) we use to have team meetings about how to avoid saying certain 'buzzwords', also if you did over use then in extreme circumstances you could get a severe rap on the wrists. Obviously this being IW they don't have the same standards, or just don't bother to the 'massive' viewership that they have (around 50).

Two of those have moved to QVC, but I can't see it being that long before the third shows up In the DIY hours. Vitamix and Bamix, though I personally can't see how either can justify their price range, but then maybe my money is not burning a whole in the pocket :)

Summed up so well :)

I do love the way Dennice has now put a load of weight back on and is suddenly not mentioning the diet food :) and how she now says "Ideal worlds fashion didn't used to be great, but now it is" hmmm, were you telling us that back then? No you shyster, you were saying it was amazing in quality and value and style and doing your phoney buying on screen (which I'm fairly sure is against tv regulations).
The channel is a car crash of a station and I watch now for purely comedic reasons and to see just how far they are going to push the envolope. The poppy stuff is a great example, still no clarification of what percentage is going to charity. Still allowing that blatant shyster woman with the bedding and chairs who deliberately knocked over a glass of water on the bed demos and not a word was said about it.

But I have found this afternoon, something more annoying than Peter Simon on with the Tower pans; geneveieve and Paul brodel on with the Tower pans. Brodel is acting like he's on speed, probably because he's going to get to shovel more food down his face with a 'reason' for doing so, and Gen is just cackling and screaming like a harpy. It's like a horror film, in fact far more scary, as some people are making purchases while these 2 are on and not smashing their faces into a wall to make the noise stop.

When the various poppy floaters pop on screen the details about them and the percentages appear in the crawler along the bottom of the screen. Also, the website has this to say: "Remember - 20% from each sale goes to Royal British Legion Trading Limited which gives its taxable profits to The Royal British Legion (registered charity no. 219279)."
So they're not trying to hide anything with regards to the poppy sales.

Personally, I wouldn't buy them as they are far too showy and not to my taste at all. Plus, I don't like the idea of something used in remembrance of such tragedy being glammed up and bedecked in jewels.

Mike Mason is on flogging Thomas Kinkade. Within the first five minutes he was asking the question about art - is it objective or subjective? Us ex Bid viewers have never heard him say that before. I quite like art; I should listen as I might learn something from the famous art critic!

Mike Mason is on flogging Thomas Kinkade. Within the first five minutes he was asking the question about art - is it objective or subjective? Us ex Bid viewers have never heard him say that before. I quite like art; I should listen as I might learn something from the famous art critic!

Let us not forget the knowledge he must have learned from his Bid other half L.B (ahem). More than an art critic - he is - nay a full blown expert. Wonder how she's doing - anyone heard? I'd quite like her to show up somewhere.:mysmilie_17:

Let us not forget the knowledge he must have learned from his Bid other half L.B (ahem). More than an art critic - he is - nay a full blown expert. Wonder how she's doing - anyone heard? I'd quite like her to show up somewhere.:mysmilie_17:

I had forgotten about Lisa Brash and her knowledge of art. I would love to have had a conversation about Canaletto (one of my favourite artists) but I suspect she would have thought he was Sunderland's goalkeeper! I did google Lisa a few months ago after Bid went but could find absolutely nothing, even her own website had closed down, haven't checked recently.

Mike Mason: the biggest piece of art I have ever seen is the smile on my sons face.... but the only other thing that puts a smile on my face like that is this kinkade painting

my word...

Latest posts

Back