Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mason - "you see that on a wrist, you want to know what that fella's job is"

Nae really Mike, if I saw that on a wrist, i would be thinking, oh that poor mug fell for the IW sales crap. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thought Mike loved and knows all about watches, just said he's never seen anything like the bullhead watch. :eek:
Yet again just demonstrates the kind of person IW tries to appeal to.

The Army & Navy and Arding & Hobbs timepieces shows await. Marshall & Snellgrove would be a good one. My dad managed their Drum Room restaurant. Subtle as a flying scud missile that one in the delicate subtleness of its interpretation - large military drums hanging from the ceiling. The Drum Room Divers model awaits £99.99 (RRP £1999)...

The Army & Navy and Arding & Hobbs timepieces shows await. Marshall & Snellgrove would be a good one. My dad managed their Drum Room restaurant. Subtle as a flying scud missile that one in the delicate subtleness of its interpretation - large military drums hanging from the ceiling. The Drum Room Divers model awaits £99.99 (RRP £1999)...
Have we had Bourne and Hollingsworth and DH Evans? They could even branch out to shoe shops - the Freeman, Hardy and Willis watch sounds classy!

I have, and honestly, just buy it, a, check out yer baskets, a C&A horology timepiece. It's called the knickers.

Yes, I am going to insure it, as it is worth billions.

I got stopped in the street the other day, and this stranger said to me, and I'm being honest with you, I have to, as being the billionaire I am, I have a compliance officer tailing me in his Ferrari, which I bought for him, honest, this stranger only spent 20 minutes asking about this masterful of horology, the knickers watch.

Just watched the Hair Gain woman.
All these products have the the same fake backstory.

1) I suffered from hair loss , was overweight , couldn't sleep, was scarred from a bomb ( Elizabeth Grant ) , couldn't find a comfortable pillow- I was in despair.

2) I tried everything , spent a fortune, went on every diet , bought every pillow ,went to Harrods.

3) Because of my background in ( whatever) I started to do my own research -it became an obsession.

4) Then I had a chance meeting with a scientist , spiritual healer, I had a dream ( My Pillow), I heard about a molecule or similar rubbish.

5) We painstakingly worked on the formula for years, just so I could use it myself.

6) After a couple of weeks my hair grew back , I lost weight , I had no pain , I had the best sleep ever , I no longer had bomb blast damage.

7) I started to make a few more , just for friends - and they had the same result.

8) My friends said that this wonderful product should be available to everyone.

9) Now I want to make it available to you .

10) Show graphs of a clinical study ( which is not a clinical study btw , just a few perceptions cobbled together).

Next thing you know you're on Ideal World - Hayley is rolling her eyes back into her head , and Meltdown Mike is announcing that his missus reckons it's a game changer.

Reg Varney tells you he takes it every day ( along with everything else they have ever sold ) and Peter Simon will try , unsuccessfully , to say your name , and the name of the product.

Happy days are here again !

Have we had Bourne and Hollingsworth and DH Evans? They could even branch out to shoe shops - the Freeman, Hardy and Willis watch sounds classy!
Or other establishments - how about the Whitemoor watch? Or maybe the Frankland - that's quite a beauty, that one. Antonio's managed to get hold of just a few of those, and the book price is £4,750. Finally, we have the jewel in the crown - the Long Lartin. Just feast your eyes on that, lads.

1) I suffered from hair loss , was overweight , couldn't sleep, was scarred from a bomb ( Elizabeth Grant ) , couldn't find a comfortable pillow- I was in despair.

2) I tried everything , spent a fortune, went on every diet , bought every pillow ,went to Harrods.

3) Because of my background in ( whatever) I started to do my own research -it became an obsession.

4) Then I had a chance meeting with a scientist , spiritual healer, I had a dream ( My Pillow), I heard about a molecule or similar rubbish.

5) We painstakingly worked on the formula for years, just so I could use it myself.

6) After a couple of weeks my hair grew back , I lost weight , I had no pain , I had the best sleep ever , I no longer had bomb blast damage.

7) I started to make a few more , just for friends - and they had the same result.

10) Show graphs of a clinical study ( which is not a clinical study btw , just a few perceptions cobbled together).

Next thing you know you're on Ideal World - Hayley is rolling her eyes back into her head , and Meltdown Mike is announcing that his missus reckons it's a game changer.

Reg Varney tells you he takes it every day ( along with everything else they have ever sold ) and Peter Simon will try , unsuccessfully , to say your name , and the name of the product.

And Sally talks about everything on her videos

That post deserved more than just the one emotion we are limited too.

:ROFLMAO:(y)👏

See we had Ray "of sunshine" Kennedy this morning, explaining why they only sell their Silk duvets etc to Ideal World, it went along the lines of, we don't sell to shops as they would charge more to try and make more profit, by the sound of it he thinks their profiteering, so only sell to Ideal world as they keep the prices low for the benefit of their customers.

That got me thinking, given that Ray's company sell direct to the public through his web site and the many shows he tells us he attends, and given that his company charge twice the price of Ideal World, does that mean that Ray's own company are guilty of profiteering. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Sally impressed today, during weedkiller show, with Alan Ennis and his tips, particularly on his tip on how to pour liquid from your standard 5 litre jerry can style plastic container/bottle without it gurgling, pouring from the side, she never seen that tip before Alan showed her. Biggest laugh was i truly believe she thinks he thought up the idea. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Guest - "with all the Seksy watches you have a Japanese high precision movement."

My name is Shaun BTW - "Yeah, really accurate."

Guest - "yeah, so don't be fooled by the price, you've got a really good quality watch, 2 year guarantee and you've got the Swarovski rocks on there."

MNISBTW - "so they're built to last, 2 year guarantee standard included in the price, incredible movements very accurate."

I very much doubt that at the price, but even if they were, whats the point, none of the watches have minute indices/markers, some have only the indices/minute every 15 minutes and half of them don't have a seconds hand, so you want know if they're accurate or not. :ROFLMAO:

"We exhibit at Baselworld"

Do you heck as like, you may meet folk in corridors or hotel rooms, but you don't officially exhibit at the actual Baselworld event.

Baselworld used to list all the exhibitors every year, which hall and stand they were on, so that visitors can find them, never seen Solar Times name there. :rolleyes:

Also think they should stop saying "compare with watches on the high street at these prices and these will blow them away"

Why limit it to the High Street, why not compare with what's available online at that price point then see if they still blow everything away. ;)

Jim thinks the Demolition, with a £20 Seiko movement, should be £2500, and thinks even the RRP of £1200 is an amazing price, yet their selling at £299.

The only selling point these watches have is the sheer amount of steel used in them, being big chunky heavy watches doesn't make them great watches, there is really nothing special about them, you can find loads of similar watches on the Internet or Ali, similar quality and finish at similar or lower prices.

According to a certain brand ambassador on a recent show, there's no 'right or wrong way' to pronounce Bamix.

MMmm, strange that. If you search 'how to pronounce Bamix' on Google and run the audio, it pronounces it Bamix not Baymix. If you do a Bamix search on YouTube you'll find the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver pronouncing it Bamix not Baymix. The icing on the cake is the company themselves pronounce it Bamix not Baymix.

Anyway, must dash, I'm away to look at the new Fjord Focus, looks like a nice car.

According to the latest one star reviews on trustpilot Ideal are now shirking all responsibility for most of the the items they sell and are now telling customers to contact the supplier and not ideal.

one reviewer put it all up.

The Ideal Marketplace
Ideal Shopping Direct Limited operates “Ideal Marketplace” which will be available through our Ideal World website. The Marketplace allows Ideal to partner with a number of different and bespoke Retailers that advertise and sell their products through the Ideal World website. When you place an order for a product being sold by a Marketplace partner:

the legal contract is made between you and the relevant Marketplace Retailer;
you should also refer to any specific terms and product descriptions noted on the Marketplace Retailers product and/or page. Please note the remainder of the Ideal World T & C’s do not apply, you are contracting on the basis on the Marketplace retailers T & C’s;
Ideal act as the payment provider and you authorise Ideal to process payment on behalf of the Marketplace Retailer;
Although the Ideal customer services team will aim to assist you with any issues you may have, to the fullest extent permitted by law Ideal has no responsibility to you in respect of contracts made with Marketplace Retailers; and
Ideal hereby disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law any express or implied warranties in respect of the products sold by any Marketplace Retailer and cannot give any undertaking that goods you purchase from the Marketplace Retailer will be of satisfactory quality. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the Marketplace Retailer.

Read it all, but look at the final paragraph, It states; Ideal World can't not even give any undertaking that the goods supplied will not be of satisfactory quality. WHAT. That means that they can sell you any old rubbish, and it is not their fault. Incredible, the biggest rip-off ever. All they do is take your money, and you have no comeback against them. They will also not accept any liability under their terms and conditions, and state that you have to rely on the actual seller`s terms and conditions. Scandalous
Please buy of someone else and consign this company to the rubbish bin. Please note, the company never replies to my emails on any subject.

Regards
Bob West 09/06/2021

Latest posts

Back