Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just heard PS say "Kevin and I have been working on tv together showing watches for nigh on 32 years"
what a load of :poop:
“Nigh on 32 years” ? That’s not an exaggeration , a stretching of the truth , or a wee fib. That’s a downright absolute lie. I’ve posted about this use of lies before. The problem with telling lies often is that you begin to really believe them and become deluded , and lose sight of the truth. It’s about time Kevin Reynolds grew a backbone and corrected his much deluded friend on air. I’m afraid if Kevin Reynolds doesn’t do this soon , what’s left of his credibility will be at a similar level as his friend.

He’s thick and uninterested which is why no helpful details of anything he sells is shared. It’s all wonderful and amazing and first leathers and this and that….all meaningless twaddle no matter what he’s selling.

He just wants as many sales as he can get and get off.
7.00pm: Oh look at this, ain't it magnificent! Just buy it, right, just buy it ...
7.07pm: Oh look at this, ain't it magnificent! Just buy it, right, just buy it ...
7.12pm: Oh look at this, ain't it magnificent! Just buy it, right, just buy it ...
7.18pm: Oh look at this, ain't it magnificent! Just buy it, right, just buy it ...

I don't know what you're talking about Mommabear, his presenting range is simply superb :)

7.00pm: Oh look at this, ain't it magnificent! Just buy it, right, just buy it ...
7.07pm: Oh look at this, ain't it magnificent! Just buy it, right, just buy it ...
7.12pm: Oh look at this, ain't it magnificent! Just buy it, right, just buy it ...
7.18pm: Oh look at this, ain't it magnificent! Just buy it, right, just buy it ...

I don't know what you're talking about Mommabear, his presenting range is simply superb :)
Do you think that, secretly, Peter Simon knows full well that he's completely **** at his job, and doesn't actually care. Or is he genuinely deluded and think that people find him funny and endearing? I've always wondered.

Do you think that, secretly, Peter Simon knows full well that he's completely **** at his job, and doesn't actually care. Or is he genuinely deluded and think that people find him funny and endearing? I've always wondered.
He thinks he’s great, he’s Peter Simon!
BBC Leg end

I rest my case 😁

Especially seeing this watch reappear again. Can't recall the full details in relation to when it was first presented but almost certainly they would have said something along the lines of being a limited edition, once it had sold out there's NO WAY IT WOULD EVER APPEAR AGAIN ON IDEAL WORLD.

But now...BACK IN STOCK.

View attachment 21471

Based on this and other evidence, I wouldn't even buy a pillowcase from them let alone a £600+ watch.

You forgot to say..
Even if you don't want it, just buy it!
Don't forget to insure it on your house insurance. :ROFLMAO:

“Nigh on 32 years” ? That’s not an exaggeration , a stretching of the truth , or a wee fib. That’s a downright absolute lie. I’ve posted about this use of lies before. The problem with telling lies often is that you begin to really believe them and become deluded , and lose sight of the truth. It’s about time Kevin Reynolds grew a backbone and corrected his much deluded friend on air. I’m afraid if Kevin Reynolds doesn’t do this soon , what’s left of his credibility will be at a similar level as his friend.

His credibility has been sinking fast in the last year, while he's the best at giving technical info, he's also guilty of gross exaggeration of quality & watch RRPs/Book price, and guilty of storytelling as well, all these tales of being in the trade for decades are just that, fairy tales, his company watchbase has only been going for about 10 years, before that he had a property company, and until he lucked out with getting Ideal world to buy his watches his company was a non entity, revenue was £20,000 a year then approx 2015 Ideal World appeared on the scene for him and he's been slowly getting bigger.
But you just need to see him in the Vostok Europe video the American distributor made of their visit to the factory and the way he was talking/lack of knowledge and listening to him on Ideal World to see he's actually a relative newbie to the watch scene, more like last 10 years rather than 45 years Mason sometimes says he has.

When I need to relax I enjoy watching Judge Judy on TV. She often says to young delinquents that if she had her way they would be in prison digging graves for elephants with a spoon! I'd love to see this lot in front of her, I'm sure we could find some evidence of blatant lying...
I’m a big fan of JJ

To me Kevin Reynolds just buys and sells watches and just reads the spec sheet for the components it has.

Same with Noddy and the others. This ‘been in the watch business’ for xx years means what exactly? Can any of them build a watch?
Reynolds knows naff all about watches or their movements:rolleyes: Remember when he introduced one of the Vostoks with a Mecaquartz movement? He said in was unheard of in the watch world, brand new, called it a "hybrid" movement:D Seiko's had it about 10 years ago, I've got one. The man's a charlatan. Just a salesman. Half the lies he tells aren't the truth:ROFLMAO:

To me Kevin Reynolds just buys and sells watches and just reads the spec sheet for the components it has.

Same with Noddy and the others. This ‘been in the watch business’ for xx years means what exactly? Can any of them build a watch?

Or looks up the Internet before a show, lots of what he says, sounds like he's just learned it, like the mecaquartz that Ronzy75 mentioned, it was evident from the way Reynolds was speaking he'd never heard of it before and assumed that it must have been a new movement to the market.

No , you need four generations of the Field family for that.

Reynolds knows naff all about watches or their movements:rolleyes: Remember when he introduced one of the Vostoks with a Mecaquartz movement? He said in was unheard of in the watch world, brand new, called it a "hybrid" movement:D Seiko's had it about 10 years ago, I've got one. The man's a charlatan. Just a salesman. Half the lies he tells aren't the truth:ROFLMAO:

I've the white dial Parnis Daytona homage with the VK63.

Alan Ennis was on last night flogging the Woods Air conditioning unit (last 10mins mentioned the ugly hose), but only several hours before when selling the boneco saying he prefers the air shower fan as it is quieter and cheaper to run as aircon units are too noisy, they both have around 50db of noise and the aircon is A+ rated.
Make your mind up man!!!

Had to laugh at Paul B selling the treadmill last night.

We're not selling you this!
WE'RE NOT SELLING YOU THIS!!

Then went on to say about getting it home to 'try it' blah blah blah.

No matter how you look at it, selly telly presenters are doing exactly that, selling stuff. No? They're presenting. They're giving product and price info. They're encouraging viewers to buy the products. In my book, just cause it's on telly, it's still selling.

Latest posts

Back