Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's the when they go, this sells or sells easily everyday at the higher price, that I laugh at. If it sells so easily at that price then why sell at a vastly reduced price, makes absolutely no business or economics sense.
Nail on head. 'If' something could easily sell for £499 but you're selling it for £99.99, you're a business mug. Sell it for £299 and you're still giving folk a bargain whilst making a decent profit.

Or ...

could ...

it ...

be ...

they're ...

talking ...

SH1TE?!?

:)

I caught a bit of the first S&E show last night, and towards the end, PS said that if there was any stock left they would do the second show at 1/2 10. Well guess what, all of the watches were still available:rolleyes:
And what's the betting tonights S&E show will also contain the same watches:ROFLMAO: Utter pap😴

I caught a bit of the first S&E show last night, and towards the end, PS said that if there was any stock left they would do the second show at 1/2 10. Well guess what, all of the watches were still available:rolleyes:
And what's the betting tonights S&E show will also contain the same watches:ROFLMAO: Utter pap😴
I do of course mean Thomas Earnshaw, and not Swan and Edgar 😉 both pretty much the same 😁

Clawley on the £99.99 Longitude watch - "£99 is less than cost price for that watch."

So Jim, watches which we are told sell easily everyday at the high RRPs, are now being flogged at below cost price, so instead of both you (Dartmouth brands) and IW making a very nice profit selling at RRP both of you have decided to flog them at below cost price and make a loss.

Yeah Jim, I believe you, oh look there's a flying pig. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Jim Clawley and Shaun Byetheway have got a real bromance going on - not only do they look the same with their horrible mousy hair and close cropped beards , but they dress the same too, and mirror each others movements.
I'm not being funny but ( geddit ?) , it's a bit creepy.
The latest Shaun 'I'm not being funny but ' that I heard was ' I'm not being funny but our warehouse isn't that big'.
Steady Shaun !

'Sir, this 100% silk shirt has been hand crafted using only the finest silk from the finest silkworms. The silk from 1,000,000 silkworms goes into each and every shirt and they take 30 days to craft. We supply A list celebrities, royalty and the business elite. Based on all this, would sir be interested in procuring a shirt or two?'

'Emmm sorry, no.'

'But why sir?'

'They've got no real WEIGHT to them mate!!! By the way, do you know a Scottish guy called Ray ...'

:)

(The year is 2121 and Antiques Roadshow is still running on the BBC)

'My great grandad bought the watch around 100 years ago and it's been passed down through the generations. We've always kept it insured and in a safe. As a family we did some research into Swan & Edgar and apparently they were a very well known store decades ago. That's all I know.'

(camera pans to the valuation expert who is literally rolling around on the floor laughing their head off)

Turned IW yesterday.

Foghorn Jacks AGAIN?!

It's like playing Russian roulette with single barrelled shotgun!

I did catch a glimpse of PS (Foghorn must have been on a 'comfort break' for a few minutes) the other day. He was flogging some fitness kit - can't remember what as I turned over after a few seconds - but he must have owned the shorts and T shirt he was wearing since he was seventeen. They weren't even fit to use as cloths to wipe the car down let alone wear on TV (even selly telly). I can only presume that somewhere in the recesses of his 'comedic genius' of a mind he thought it was good for a laugh?!

Jim Clawley and Shaun Byetheway have got a real bromance going on - not only do they look the same with their horrible mousy hair and close cropped beards , but they dress the same too, and mirror each others movements.
I'm not being funny but ( geddit ?) , it's a bit creepy.
The latest Shaun 'I'm not being funny but ' that I heard was ' I'm not being funny but our warehouse isn't that big'.
Steady Shaun !

Clawley is the same with Mason, one big bromance, sure it's all an act to save having to actually say anything technical/in depth about the watches, apart from the irrelevant stories behind each watch and general vague overview of the watch, he says next to nothing about the movements apart from they have custom rotors, wow, and judging by the samples shown they couldn't even do that right, on the Bauer Skeleton watch you just make out the Miyota Rotor on the 8n24 movement under the Earnshaw Rotor which had slipped ever so slightly. ;)
He is also getting worse with telling porkies, says even though it's £60 on IW it's a £100 pen, yet even Thomas Earnshaw only have a RRP of £60. And his "you can't get an automatic watch with a genuine leather strap for under £300/£400" is a load of rubbish as well.

Something else strange with the male presenters on IW, is there does seem to be a love for waistcoats in casual mode, last time I wore a waistcoat was about 30 years ago, and that was part of a suit.

Latest posts

Back