Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

See we're getting the faux surprise & shock at the prices £791.99 tonight again.

Peter - "we took this to air at £880"

Kev - "close to £890"

Peter - "now they've taken another."

Kev - "uh, oh dear, dear oh dear." :ROFLMAO:

Peter "£88 has been taken off......."

It's the same price as it was on the Wednesday night show, so why all the pantomime about the price.

See we're getting the faux surprise & shock at the prices £791.99 tonight again.

Peter - "we took this to air at £880"

Kev - "close to £890"

Peter - "now they've taken another."

Kev - "uh, oh dear, dear oh dear." :ROFLMAO:

Peter "£88 has been taken off......."

It's the same price as it was on the Wednesday night show, so why all the pantomime about the price.
I believe them🤣🤣🤣

Fabro - "What Dormeo have done, again going back to that statement about sleep solutions, thought how can we give our customers a sprung mattress without motion transfer, and they come up with this rather ingenious solution, which are these motion isolation springs."

Wish he would stop inferring Dormeo came up with Pocket Springs, Pocket springs were invented over 100 years ago in America, and have been in use ever since, although most brands didn't use these springs years ago, most brands are using them in some of their mattresses these days.

One of the things I really do like about Ideal World is their commitment to inclusiveness. Wonderful to see a pregnant gentleman on the mill of tread, presenting the latest instalment of the Story of Jelly..er.. Jenny at the lowest ever price before the last lowest ever price. I cannot wait to hear her magnificent story once again.

Oh Jess is on saying this is the perfect time of year for a hot tub, with the snow on the ground. Peter says exactly, no matter what the weather is doing, many pictures of people sitting in hot tubs in the snow because you're going to be toasty warm up to 40 degrees in this. :unsure:

Now sitting in a hot tub in the middle of summer is one thing, but i really can't imagine anybody using a hot tub up here the last few days, you'd have been lucky to get to the tub in one piece let alone sit in one, more chance of getting injured by flying debris or falling trees than a relaxing time in a hot tub.:eek::ROFLMAO:

Fabro - "What Dormeo have done, again going back to that statement about sleep solutions, thought how can we give our customers a sprung mattress without motion transfer, and they come up with this rather ingenious solution, which are these motion isolation springs."

Wish he would stop inferring Dormeo came up with Pocket Springs, Pocket springs were invented over 100 years ago in America, and have been in use ever since, although most brands didn't use these springs years ago, most brands are using them in some of their mattresses these days.

What they don't say about this latex mattress is that it only has a 1 year warranty with it, the demo on now is showing a latex foam pad twice the depth that is on this item.

What they don't say about this latex mattress is that it only has a 1 year warranty with it, the demo on now is showing a latex foam pad twice the depth that is on this item.

Another thing they never mention when they spout on about the usual 15 year guarantee for the mattresses is taht it's a limited guarentee, and that a full guarantee is only valid for the first 5 years, after that even if you have a valid claim you'll be expect to pay the seller a percentage of any replacement mattress, so say after 10 years if they have to replace your mattress you'll have to pay 50% of the new mattress.

They also don't mention that the foam mattress will decrease in thickness by up to 15% over time.

From what I can gather IW are really just a virtual shop window for other retailers.

The presteige watches are pretty rubbish. Some people are true connoiseurs of time pieces and some think they are, big difference. Neither me, nor my husband would know one end of a Rolex from the other end of a Timex, we are not watchy types. I have read some sad reviews from IW customers, who have bought in to the watch collecting scene. Some have a massive collection and good luck to them, everybody needs a hobby. IW watches seem to fall to bits, so if I ever do need a watch, I will stay clear of IW, likewise Gemporia.

Personally I last bought from IW back in 2002. To be fair, I had bought a few low ticket items and whilst not blown away, I had no complaints. Then I was watching a jewellery show, one of my trigger impulses and I caved in. To be honest, they didn't have to convince me. It was an open heart necklace in platinum, with a small 5 point SI1-2 diamond rub over set and it looked really pretty. I was so diappointed when it arrived because the diamond was terrible quality. I am no jeweller but even I know that grade of diamond should be clean to the naked eye. This had a mahoosive inclusion, which obscured 50% of the stone. I thought it was dirt and tried to clean it but realised it was an inclusion. Called IW and went through all the return rigmarole and naturally at my own expense. Replacement did arrive quickly but this stone was milky white, actually worse than the 1st. Repeated returns process but this time asked for a refund. Road block. Eventually after many emails and calls, I cannot get them to give my money back. I was never rude, abusive or shouty, that only ends one way but the last lady still hung up on me. This was when c/s was UK based, so I alled again and still no joy. Lo and behold, I got another parcel with the necklace, the problem was it was the 1st necklace I returned, they had just shipped it out again. I had to really fight them to get a refund. In the end, I did get my £188 back which was the cost of the rubbish necklace but I never managed to get any postage costs either way, nor reimbursed for telephone calls. So after that I voted with my feet and have not been back since and always tell anyone I can that they are crooks and just read the reviews on trustpilot, I am certainly not alone.

There is a sort of happy side to this story though. After I got my money back, I think it was 4 or 5 weeks later, the sodding necklace turned up again, with the big inclusion, like a bliddy homing pigeon! Normally, I pride myself on being honest. I don't rip people off, shops, ebay sellers or anyone, they are trying to make a living. To my shame (minimal, I was raised Catholic, so shame is drilled into you by pointy fingered nuns!), I never contacted them again and it sits in the jewellery box to this day, unworn but kind of an "up yours" trophy.

Ballerina x

Good morning everyone. I did a similar thread on the bid tv forum and seeing as this channel this clearly morphing into that entity, I felt it may be appropriate to continue in the same vein.

I wonder who looked at bid TV's business model, saw it piss money up the wall and decided ''that will work on ideal world''

I don't expect this thread to be anywhere near as successful as the bid thread but no harm in jotting down your observations upon watching this assumed decline in quality shopping tv.
Wow nice explanation

Christmas shopping was going full speed ahead noon with Joanne and her stunning gems. Pieces of silver, gold plated unappealing stuff imo. Gems is best passed on to Gems truly, they have that clinched, all things considered.

It was every one of the somewhat indiscriminate as well, 'bunch ring' demonstrated on the illustrations ended up being not the right depiction for what she was holding and it was at some point before this was taken note. Suppose you'd requested? Additionally she had a gold plated tie pendant that she was asking the maker or whoever to arrange for her (indeed, that old chestnut) :dull: and it accompanied a 'free' set of silver hoops, wowee......but they looked similar to the pendant. Contemplated internally, well it's IW, they do cobble any old pieces together. Then, at that point, a couple of things on, she showed another accessory that 'in case you got it from Tiffanys, you could place a 1 before the value that IW are selling it for' Strange thing is, the studs that were 'free' with the previous jewelry, appeared to coordinate with this one impeccably :mysmilie_506: I keep thinking about whether they'd cOcked that up as well?

Sally selling a Hoover vacuum cleaner - "It’s shopping television we can actually say you’re hoovering. Means a lot does that, it’s drilled into you from day one when you start, it’s vacuuming not hoovering. Because they put hoovering in the dictionary, because you’re hoovering, it’s a motion it’s vacuuming, you’re hoovering but you’re not hoovering unless you’ve got a hoover.” :unsure::confused::ROFLMAO:

It's mind-boggling what goes through the brains of these presenters at time.:ROFLMAO:

All the presenters have their own wee scripts and tales....And all of them look as amateur hour as it gets.

Hayley just comes across as desperate like listen I need you to buy this or i'm out on my behind! Mike has always just been the usual look at me mister nice and can I be your friend please? Then his mask slips as soon as the camera pans away........he has been caught a few times with a snide wee smile etc.

Then Reg Varney anyone who just stands and makes an odd alarm woop woop woop sound and doesnt use words doesnt deserve my viewing time, least said the better!

Then Peter (just have a buy) Simon, Who just throws out random words and not even full sentances! "Just have a buy" "we have 70 on the web" "get this for £10.0.......today" "its on 3......." "just have a bu........." "Ok Jack what you cooking for us now?........Ok listen to me listen to me" "These watches Kev.........last night my cat Kev you know my pussy" Eh what???? :unsure:

Also it be decent if Peter could explain and give the viewer context as to what "70 on the web on phonelines means" if you are selling 10000 of the one item 70 buyers means no rush at all, Why not be open and honest with the viewer and say he have X amount in stock?

On the subject of vacuums, I caught a repeat showing of the Polti cordless last night with Rob. The Polti woman, can't remember her name, says they're that good that the tubby chef Paul Brodell (who owns a guesthouse doncha' know!) has had three of them. Erm, well they can't be that good if he's gone through three in the short time they've been selling them. Or maybe he's using all three in different parts of his guesthouse/restaurant. In which case, why?

Rob was also saying that they would be great for someone with their own cleaning company. No Rob, they wouldn't. A Polti cordless (or any cordless really) isn't meant for industrial work. It's built for light housework as evidenced by the small dust chamber and relatively low power.

I worked in the hospitality industry for nearly 30 years and almost every hotel, bar and restaurant that I worked in used a Henry. They were reliable, powerful and they last for years. in a medium-sized hotel they would probably need emptying once a week. I bought a Shark last year on Amazon Prime day just because everyone raves about them and it's great but I still have a 12 year old Henry for backup (that sounds ruder than it was meant to!)

For some reason I am reminded of one of their first few months products. A fat bald headed Buddha like figure sitting on its backside - no, not Simon Iles…Fuk Luk Sau…Those were similar days to my beloved Trevor Treadmill of now, when he is wheeled out several times a minute to fill airtime. Anyway, I thought at the time I would send a fax to Debbie Flint who was presenting Fuk at the time. Calling myself Hugh Jelliphant or was IP Nightly…I said it was marvellous to see the sublime quality of this piece and congratulations to Exemplar Planet in finding such a wonderfully spiritual representation. She only read it out…It ended with me saying it was the first time I had seen a good Fuk…Luk Sau on pre-watershed TV. She also read that out, paused for a moment and then realised what she had said. You would never get that irreverence anywhere near the studio now, but in those days they were just grateful to fill the time.

For some reason I am reminded of one of their first few months products. A fat bald headed Buddha like figure sitting on its backside - no, not Simon Iles…Fuk Luk Sau…Those were similar days to my beloved Trevor Treadmill of now, when he is wheeled out several times a minute to fill airtime. Anyway, I thought at the time I would send a fax to Debbie Flint who was presenting Fuk at the time. Calling myself Hugh Jelliphant or was IP Nightly…I said it was marvellous to see the sublime quality of this piece and congratulations to Exemplar Planet in finding such a wonderfully spiritual representation. She only read it out…It ended with me saying it was the first time I had seen a good Fuk…Luk Sau on pre-watershed TV. She also read that out, paused for a moment and then realised what she had said. You would never get that irreverence anywhere near the studio now, but in those days they were just grateful to fill the time.
Debbie is still around on QVC at least bless her

Latest posts

Back